997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
What warning did you get? Bulb out ? They draw such little power the car thinks you have a dead bulb

Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
Aware BUT its a fix in the meantime. I am going to see if there is a resistor available for that bulb. If so you can get a 7506 led base bulb tap a resistor in and it should work. I just need to look into what resistor is needed.

However the silver star will be very bright and work in the meantime if someone needs a backup fix while I figure this out. Should get it by tomorrow. Need to go home and test some stuff.

Edit: Had the same problem with my bike when I went to cateyes and its an easy fix with the resistors you just cant use too much or it thinks its overloaded. Should be about 3-6ohms. Well definitely under 10. If I recall you can go to radio shack for the parts and its like 69 cents for everything. You just put the resistor inline of the bulb, use some epoxy or tape. I used heat shrinks in the large size and when down till it was covered. Really easy, walmart has these heat shrink connections too. cut splice wire, pinch then use a lighter to seal it. Or I can find one ready made online for like 10 bucks.
Incandescent bulbs like the SilverStars put out a lot of heat - make sure you don't melt the housing if you use them...although backup lights don't stay on that long.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
I think the main issue is that the reverse light is recessed too far in the housing, and they don't have reflectors setup in a way that efficiently gets the light out of the small slit for the reverse light. To really fix the problem, we need to be able to push the bulb closer to the opening, or have LED bulbs mounted where the slit is.

Either way, it'd be an extensive fix, so I'm going to live with it the way it is, but it's certainly not an ideal setup.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by paddyh
New Lights 3
just wondering, is the phaeton anywhere near as fast, straight line, as the porsche?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
During a recent trip to Europe, I brought back with me a pair of Dectane Lights for my 2006 C4S.

I just installed them two weeks ago, and they have been working beautifully. No error code showed up and no condensation.

I am very happy...Too bad I cannot see these lights....

Yves

Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Anyone willing to help a fellow out?

I'm interested in getting the Dectane Red/Clear LED taillights for my '07 997TT (997.1).

I see that several members initially got theirs from Frank at Orange Tuning overseas, but others have more recently gotten them stateside (speedstersource.com ??)

Can anyone provide detail as to the preferred source nowadays? Even better would be current pricing?

Thanks for any help (sorry for the question, but I'm trying to cull through the 47 pages of this thread).

Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by InTheAir
Anyone willing to help a fellow out?

I'm interested in getting the Dectane Red/Clear LED taillights for my '07 997TT (997.1).

I see that several members initially got theirs from Frank at Orange Tuning overseas, but others have more recently gotten them stateside (speedstersource.com ??)

Can anyone provide detail as to the preferred source nowadays? Even better would be current pricing?

Thanks for any help (sorry for the question, but I'm trying to cull through the 47 pages of this thread).
Definitely go with someone stateside. Though I had good experience buying from Frank, I also had a horrible one when trying to return an item that was clearly the mistake of the seller. After 6 weeks of getting the run around by Frank, I had to use Paypal to get my money back. Never dealing with that again.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I got mine from ebay. cheaper than anybody else and in my hands in 3 days...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-USA-200...547739&vxp=mtr

I got mine from him...

see pictures for comparison...

left to right: OEM 997.1, OEM 997.2, Depo/Dectane, ROTtech

left 997.2 OEM, right 997.1 Depo/dectane

left 997 OEM, right 997.1 Depo/dectane

Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
nice find Joel

Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 PM
cfpchfc1 is infamous around these parts
Nice.
Just bought a pair. Thanx

Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
700 posts!!!! Great thread!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JPSJR
700 posts!!!! Great thread!!!

701 now!!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:48 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
We need a group buy on front and rear LEDs!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 PM
vrnkc is infamous around these parts
FYI LED lights only emits the color Red, Blue, and Green!! This explains why the reverse light in the Dectane is a standard incandescent "white" bulb.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:22 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vrnkc
FYI LED lights only emits the color Red, Blue, and Green!! This explains why the reverse light in the Dectane is a standard incandescent "white" bulb.
You better tell Audi and Porsch then since they have white LED's - others do too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane