997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys, i have a little issue i need help with. I also got a set from fish123@speedstersource.com about 2 months ago. Now my running light on the right side doesn't work anymore( it first turns on then goes off after like 5-10min). I tried unplugging the resistor but same issue again.

I sent an email to Fish 3 days ago with no response! Would anyone have a contact number for this company? Funny how to get paid u get responses right away but when an issue happens it takes forever!!!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by montreal911
Hi guys, i have a little issue i need help with. I also got a set from fish123@speedstersource.com about 2 months ago. Now my running light on the right side doesn't work anymore( it first turns on then goes off after like 5-10min). I tried unplugging the resistor but same issue again.

I sent an email to Fish 3 days ago with no response! Would anyone have a contact number for this company? Funny how to get paid u get responses right away but when an issue happens it takes forever!!!
I believe that's the same guy I got mine from. I had a problem with one of mine when I got it. Emailing was a bit slow but in the end he did send me a new one and they have worked ever since. Take pics of the lights on so he can see what's not working. Don't give up he will respond. I got upset too, but realized in the end I was a bit over zealous and cooler head prevailed.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM
ncracing72 is infamous around these parts
Nice car, nice lights!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:41 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
stick with fish

Fish123@speedstersource.com should come through for you. His name is Simon. Give him a few days.

The alternative would have been Orange Tuning and you never would have heard from them again. I got a full refund from Amex because Frank at Orange jerked me around for 8 months after sending me a light which was missing 8 diodes out of the box. He kept promising to send me a new light but it was always on back order. I was really patient (8 mos!) of sending him requests mostly with no responses. I eventually wizened up and had a buddy contact him to pretend to be interested in buying a set of lights and he said he had plenty in stock...lying bas tard. Sent that off to Amex and got my refund.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 PM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
Fish123@speedstersource.com should come through for you. His name is Simon. Give him a few days.

The alternative would have been Orange Tuning and you never would have heard from them again. I got a full refund from Amex because Frank at Orange jerked me around for 8 months after sending me a light which was missing 8 diodes out of the box. He kept promising to send me a new light but it was always on back order. I was really patient (8 mos!) of sending him requests mostly with no responses. I eventually wizened up and had a buddy contact him to pretend to be interested in buying a set of lights and he said he had plenty in stock...lying bas tard. Sent that off to Amex and got my refund.
Its been now 2 weeks. Last Email i got from Fish was Monday asking which side is defective. Email to which i responded instantly. I got nothing since!! If anyone knows this guy personally , could you help please?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Its been now 2 weeks. Last Email i got from Fish was Monday asking which side is defective. Email to which i responded instantly. I got nothing since!! If anyone knows this guy personally , could you help please?

Thanks guys!
Just sent an email on your behalf. Hope it helps.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:28 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I had a problem with one of mine and he had a replacement out within 12 hours of my giving him a deposit for the replacement. He always answered my emails within a day of sending them.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Thank you buddy! I hope so too!

Old 09-04-2012, 11:26 AM

DId he reply to your email?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 AM
bcgt3 is infamous around these parts
Thinking of ordering from him too. Did he respond and make everything right?

Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I returned my defective light and had my deposit back within 12 hours. My experience with Simon couldn't have been better.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:14 AM
bcgt3 is infamous around these parts
Thanks.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:10 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold

I was in the same boat as you. Had to get my buddy to email him and pretend to be interested in the LED light and that's when I found out that he was screening his email. After 4 months of headache, I had to get Paypal involved. Frank of Orange Tuning will never get my business again.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:29 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
It also raises a question about the quality of these Depo lights. Mine arrived with several missing diodes as well. Really low quality control. If I were the seller, I'd check the lights before selling as I'm sure having to deal with all the returns cost more than what it would cost to check the lights before selling.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!
so thinking of ordering from this fish guy too but now that I've read your email I'm not sure. did he ever get back to you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane