997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Originally Posted by montreal911
Hi guys, i have a little issue i need help with. I also got a set from fish123@speedstersource.com about 2 months ago. Now my running light on the right side doesn't work anymore( it first turns on then goes off after like 5-10min). I tried unplugging the resistor but same issue again.
You need to replace the tailight, other member had same problem:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3434129

Old 10-27-2012, 06:29 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Maybe it's just random or maybe this vendor is getting QC refurbished units. I bought mine from Carlightpros and after almost a year, no problems at all.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I had same problem with one of mine as well. Vendor replaced after a few emails and no problems since. Hope it works out for you. Some of these QC issues have me wondering who is checking these before the leave or if they are checked at all.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
I had same problem with one of mine as well. Vendor replaced after a few emails and no problems since. Hope it works out for you. Some of these QC issues have me wondering who is checking these before the leave or if they are checked at all.
I'm still waiting for him to respond to me. Have the same problem, tail lights are in the box, because they don't work. (right one throws a code)

No response so far, and it's been 48 hours.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 AM
PACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911X
ok everyone ...

here are the smoked type.. just got them yesterday .. took less than a week to arrive , thanks to Frank

the pictures might not be soo clear coz i took them with my iphone ... i will upload high quality pictures later ....

feel free to comment and tell me what do u all think
See post 464 for pics

Hi guys. I have a monochromatic (read as blacked out) all black 997.1 and these are the only pics I have seen of these "smoke" version. The lens is only lightly tinted from what I can see. Probably same amount of light travels through these as the red ones right? These are just a black housing with a smokey lens right? The reason I ask is that I like the thought of blacked out lens but don't want to kill the light output. Trying to figure out if I should buy the smoke ones and throw some additional light film on them to kill any possible "rice" or if I should just get the red / clear and tint them. Either way I believe it will be the same light output right?

Last edited by PACE; 10-28-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
hardracing is infamous around these parts

Does anyone have a Depo or Dectanes LEFT Side "WORKING" LED Light they would want to sell ?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:00 PM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hardracing

Does anyone have a Depo or Dectanes LEFT Side "WORKING" LED Light they would want to sell ?

I have mine I can sell you. I'll reconnect them on my 997.1 to verify they are in working order.

Darren

Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM
flkeysrealtor is infamous around these parts
My driver's side tail light is giving me the same problem...turns off after a few minutes of night driving.
GOODSTUFFS - SS <lee@speedstersource.com> sent me a new resistor but no luck. Also tried both resistors from the passenger side and still no luck. I am waiting for Lee to answer to see what the next step is since my lights were purchased in 12/11.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I may also be in the market to buy a drivers side rear depo led tail light. Please let me know if anyone else has one to sell.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
I had a terrible experience with Frank at Orange Tuning, they guy NEVER answers emails and I'm not the only one. He's quick to sell you something when as there is a problem he disappears!!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I have not heard back from lee@speedstersource.com. Hoping these guys honor their product and fix my light. As of right now, I would not recommend their product!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by flkeysrealtor
I have not heard back from lee@speedstersource.com. Hoping these guys honor their product and fix my light. As of right now, I would not recommend their product!

Kinda strange.

They don't even have a website with products.. ?

http://www.speedstersource.com/products

Shows no changes since 2007 ??

Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 PM
lee@speedstersource.com

Yes, I must say he sent a transistor..but that did not work. I emailed them 10 days ago that the transistor was not the problem and I have not heard back from them. Again.....avoid buying from them. Will keep you all posted.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by flkeysrealtor
Yes, I must say he sent a transistor..but that did not work. I emailed them 10 days ago that the transistor was not the problem and I have not heard back from them. Again.....avoid buying from them. Will keep you all posted.

It would be great if we could open up the lights and check the wiring.

Unfortunately, you probably have to destroy the lens to get inside.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I agree...hope someone comes up with a plan...something in the light is overheating....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane