997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flkeysrealtor
I agree...hope someone comes up with a plan...something in the light is overheating....
Why do you think something is overheating? LED's generally burn very cool.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
flkeysrealtor is infamous around these parts
because the light will work for 2-4 minutes and then turn off...after 5 minutes off...works again. The turn signal and brakes work fine...just the rear night time lights...

Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
These lights are junk. Mine are toast and no parts are available. I have been given the run around and no resolution. Don't buy and if you have already good luck!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
These lights are junk. Mine are toast and no parts are available. I have been given the run around and no resolution. Don't buy and if you have already good luck!
Which brand did you buy? Mine is still working fine and I really like how they look compared to stock.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I've had my Dectane rear LED's & DRL's for over a year. No problems what so ever.

Last edited by AP 997S; 02-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
I got rottec so far so good no rear fog light my favorite thing but oh well

Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
I laugh at the guys claiming that depo make OEM quality lights. Maybe OEM for Tata.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I have Depo/Dectane lights.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
when you guys bought the depo lights what color of box were they packaged in?

I know that from my research that there are a few light being passed off as depo but are not made by depo

Fish sell the ebay versions TLPOR99705DPLEDRC manufacturer number which are not real depo. they are Shenzhen/ USA Spyder. Lower quality and lower price. THere is also to my knowledge no DEPO USA either

USA Spyder are real cheap like APC cheap but are the worst quality i have ever seen. they don't physically manufacture and use either sHenzhen or Chein Industries both are China not Taiwan.

Baised in Hong Kong
Real depo have D48-1901P-AE-CR part number and depo. comes in a white will packed flat box with extra padding and does not support rear fog function.
Depo will also build light at a run of 100 or more and fit them with custom internals. For example the price goes up depending on the internals.

Depo offers 2 variations Aftermarket and Performance. The performance being the better of the 2 with either osram or Philips components to meet Porsche oem spec.

Tawian- Lumen,

Decatne part number RPO03DLRC which again are Lumen- buys the housing from depo and has depo load their own led into them and products.

so for the same looking light you can have 3-5 different versions on the market with different internals

when people now use the name depo or dectane it more for the style of light.

Depo has there Performance Line of lights which are certified and built to OEM standards and a higher cost these are harder to find because they go around 1000-1200 a set and can come with the same internals that OEM Porsche uses. Remember most car manufactures source out the lighting these days to cut down on cost. 85-90 percent of led are produced in twain, or china, few in hong kong.

All depends on what people are willing to pay.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
I have Depo/Dectane lights.
What are the part number of your lights the manufacture number?

Who did you order them From?

How long have you had them maybe i can help out figure out what you have?

Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DelReyCustoms
What are the part number of your lights the manufacture number?

Who did you order them From?

How long have you had them maybe i can help out figure out what you have?
Thanks for the info on Depo - what brand are you selling? And what are the differences other than appearance?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Shenzhen is not a manufacturer. It is a city.

Despite all my history with Taiwanese and Chinese manufacturers I had never heard of Chein Industries, so I did a little looking around. They are a defunct American toy manufacturer. There is no registered company under that name that I can find in Taiwan or China.

Dectane purchases the lights from Depo. Depo sells them under the following part numbers:

D48-1901P-AE-C
D48-1901P-AE-CR
D48-1901P-AE-S
D48-1901P-AE-SR

These correspond to different styles of lens, but they are all the same. Depo *does not make any claims about being able to custom make these tail lights with different optics*. Depo also makes no claim to use Philips Osram optics.

The part numbers used by Dectane is their own SKU. You'll notice that they have their own set of part #s that are consistent from one another despite manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt

Old 05-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
to the over heating issues

Most light have the resistor attached to the light housing.

These resistor burn very hot and the plastic housing can hold this head and damage the internals. also on the reverse light a halogen bulb and the generate heat, but only if there left on for a long period of time.

Mainly its the copper resistor some people add to the back housing and at times can get hot enough on a long drive to melt through the light.

I have been advising customers to mount all the resistors to the metal surface on the body of the car/ The metal body is more suited to dissipate the heat than the plastic light and they keep cool.

also on the dectane lights they have no ventilation like the "rotec" style; they are completely sealed.

Try moving the relays and resistors to the inner body inside the light housing and put them right on the metal surface so they can dissipate the heat better

any questions feel free to shoot me an email

Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Shenzhen is not a manufacturer. It is a city.

Despite all my history with Taiwanese and Chinese manufacturers I had never heard of Chein Industries, so I did a little looking around. They are a defunct American toy manufacturer. There is no registered company under that name that I can find in Taiwan or China.

Dectane purchases the lights from Depo. Depo sells them under the following part numbers:

D48-1901P-AE-C
D48-1901P-AE-CR
D48-1901P-AE-S
D48-1901P-AE-SR

These correspond to different styles of lens, but they are all the same. Depo *does not make any claims about being able to custom make these tail lights with different optics*. Depo also makes no claim to use Philips Osram optics.

The part numbers used by Dectane is their own SKU. You'll notice that they have their own set of part #s that are consistent from one another despite manufacturer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt
996 TT Widebody lights minimum run 250 sets, made by depo with osram internals. We shipped a set over to them last month for them to make a mold and discussed manufacturing and prices.

I have a person in Hong Kong that inspects all product when we order to make sure they are being built the way we prefer them.

So yeah i got people over there too.

I am in the process of raising the capital with a few other people to make this happen and when it does we will sell them only when they are complete.

I not the guy who takes money and then 9 month later delivers product.

First run is like 3-6 months out

Depo will make a custom run of light at a minimum of 100 sets if they already have the Mold. I'm not up a 3am skyping for no reason.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DelReyCustoms
to the over heating issues

Most light have the resistor attached to the light housing.

These resistor burn very hot and the plastic housing can hold this head and damage the internals. also on the reverse light a halogen bulb and the generate heat, but only if there left on for a long period of time.

Mainly its the copper resistor some people add to the back housing and at times can get hot enough on a long drive to melt through the light.

I have been advising customers to mount all the resistors to the metal surface on the body of the car/ The metal body is more suited to dissipate the heat than the plastic light and they keep cool.

also on the dectane lights they have no ventilation like the "rotec" style; they are completely sealed.

Try moving the relays and resistors to the inner body inside the light housing and put them right on the metal surface so they can dissipate the heat better

any questions feel free to shoot me an email
Shane, in terms of heating up, does that include the resistors on the LED tail lights that you sent me as well? I didn't actually mount them. I just pushed them into the corner as there was already little room where the tail light goes into. Hope that is okay?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane