997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Airjoe is just really niceAirjoe is just really niceAirjoe is just really niceAirjoe is just really nice
Originally Posted by sirschwag
If anyone is interested I'm going to be selling my Depo's which I bought from FVD only a few weeks ago. They come with the extra resistors and are a '13 production run which I was told had the updated circuit board.The company will back the product too as the owner personally called me about the updates...I'm only selling as I decided to do both a front and rear 997.2 full bumper conversion. The front is shaping up nicely!
Pls PM me too - thanks.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I picked them up guys. Sorry.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:57 AM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
Does the seller "Fish" on Ebay include the additional resistors? Seems like most vendors include the additonal set that plug in (in addition to the one's mounted to the lights). It's possible the one's sold on Ebay are 2nds (see post #778 in this forum). It's either the resistors or the board that is bad, most likely the resistors.. I experimented with LED's in the factory tail lights and had the "flash -then out" happen when not using the correct draw of resistor. I'd look into getting the additional resistor packs and/or reach out to where you bought them from....spending this much on something defective isn't acceptable!
any luck on making them work, do you know what resister to add to make them work.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:11 PM
sirschwag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
any luck on making them work, do you know what resister to add to make them work.
The set I just sold worked fine with no errors (I installed the additional resistors that came with them from the start).

You could try adding and/or replacing your resistors. Another option, if all else fails- is to get a new rear control unit from a 997.2 ('08 models have updated unit)., but cost is around $250, these can be coded from the dealer to work with the OEM LED's and might solve some of these issues.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
The set I just sold worked fine with no errors (I installed the additional resistors that came with them from the start).

You could try adding and/or replacing your resistors. Another option, if all else fails- is to get a new rear control unit from a 997.2 ('08 models have updated unit)., but cost is around $250, these can be coded from the dealer to work with the OEM LED's and might solve some of these issues.
It's more than just a controller since 997.1 taillight is different shape than 997.2.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It's more than just a controller since 997.1 taillight is different shape than 997.2.
Right., I'm just suggesting that having the updated rear control unit coded to accept LEDs could fix the bulb out warnings for those having issues with the Depo lights. I'd try a cheap resistor first... I'm in the process of converting to the 997.2 bumpers & OEM LEDs. The front conversion was pretty easy and cost effective (if you can find a used bumper and are savvy with wiring).

Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
So, i installed the dectanes i purchased from maxspeed last night and ran into a confusing problem. When I turn the car on, it says "check rear fog light". The rear right fog light is illuminated constantly and wont turn off. Playing with the fog light switch makes no difference. Any suggestions?

Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by split
So, i installed the dectanes i purchased from maxspeed last night and ran into a confusing problem. When I turn the car on, it says "check rear fog light". The rear right fog light is illuminated constantly and wont turn off. Playing with the fog light switch makes no difference. Any suggestions?
Well I don't think you have "dectanes" if you had to reuse the OEM wiring harness - that's usually an indication of the "rottec" type lights. Common error when installing "rottec" type is to get the two white sockets mixed up. Try reversing the white sockets. Also search delreycustoms - he has detailed install instructions showing the distinction between the two white sockets. Not sure what Maxspeed sent for instructions but see if this helps.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:11 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Yep, you're absolutely right. they are rottec type. That said, i've already tried swapping those white sockets.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
lets check out the conversion progress!

If anyone is interested I'm going to be selling my Depo's which I bought from FVD only a few weeks ago. They come with the extra resistors and are a '13 production run which I was told had the updated circuit board.The company will back the product too as the owner personally called me about the updates...I'm only selling as I decided to do both a front and rear 997.2 full bumper conversion. The front is shaping up nicely!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Yep, you're absolutely right. they are rottec type. That said, i've already tried swapping those white sockets.
Try disconnecting everything, re-check the connections, reset the warning light if still visible, then reinstall. Don't pull the switch to illuminate the fog light.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Conversion Update!

Originally Posted by myw
lets check out the conversion progress!
Just got the 997.2 rear bumper installed., the OEM LED taillights are pretty sweet! Glad I did the conversion when it's all said and done. I didn't realize the OEM turn signals blink Red, also running lights don't make a complete loop, just the brake light does, opposite of DEPO's (and opposite direction)., overall love the look of the lights and shape of the 997.2 bumper..Here are some photos, stock, Dectane/Depo, and OEM 997.2

Attached Images    
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Throw them away because thats where they belong.. Mine are useless..

Old 09-06-2013, 08:28 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
looks lovely.... and the front end?

i have to admit that the overall 997.2 rear end does look better with 997.1 + dectane led 997.2 imitations (my current setup as well).

Just got the 997.2 rear bumper installed., the OEM LED taillights are pretty sweet! Glad I did the conversion when it's all said and done. I didn't realize the OEM turn signals blink Red, also running lights don't make a complete loop, just the brake light does, opposite of DEPO's (and opposite direction)., overall love the look of the lights and shape of the 997.2 bumper..Here are some photos, stock, Dectane/Depo, and OEM 997.2

Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
Just cleared customs 20 sets of Red Clear Led tail lights Who wants them

Also 10 sets of bumpers

10 sets if led side markers

Now with a one year warranty. Get at me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane