997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
The dectane/depo light have 2 packs attached to them.

on the depo/dectane the reverse light is a standard bulb.

the for is led on the outside and the brake is the led on the inside.

the parking light is all the red led.

the real depo most lights are coming out of Romania or Taiwan. now MAXZONE is a depo wholesaler here in the US, they are NOT Depo, just the Importer and handles US Domestic Warranty on their products. and replacement parts can be ordered. They however do not stock any of the Porsche products that depo offers.

The real depo have a controller module for the parking lights that are shipped unplugged in the box these need to be plugged into the white 3 pin harness and mounted to the body of the car. they heat up and damage the lights. they also have the resistor attached to the plastic housing of the light again they have to be removed from the housing and attach to the body.

If the led light turn on and after 2 min they shut off you have a bad control board inside the light. the reverse bulb sits about 1.5 MM from the control board this can heat up and damage the board. also that bottom resistor pack has 6 sand caps in it that add resistance and also super heats the board and melts off the solder and causes an intermediate short.

I'm in talks with danny from Maxzone and seeing if we can find out a way to offer the replacement packs all 4 to try to solve the lights issues.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by myw
looks lovely.... and the front end?

i have to admit that the overall 997.2 rear end does look better with 997.1 + dectane led 997.2 imitations (my current setup as well).
to do the 997.2 conversion is about 3500-4500 depending on the paint shop it is money and i do have the ability to source the parts. If it was me and im dropping 3500-4500 might as well do the full GT2 or GT3 kit with the turbo running lights and do it for around 7500-10,500 with the wing and side skirts.

depends on who body kit you order and who's wing you use as well as the body shop doing the work.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 AM
fjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura aboutfjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura about
Just got word my Dectane LEDs shipped from Leipzig, and I should have them in my grubby paws Thursday! Woohoo!

Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by fjr_wertheimber
Just got word my Dectane LEDs shipped from Leipzig, and I should have them in my grubby paws Thursday! Woohoo!
could of had them shipped from Los Angeles,

Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DelReyCustoms
could of had them shipped from Los Angeles,
I didn't think you sold the "DEPO/Dectane" type??

Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I didn't think you sold the "DEPO/Dectane" type??
i can source them i sold over 20 sets for the 996 and the 997. problem is no one wants to really pay 795.00 for them but I can get them no problem.

Maxzone is in Fontana, Ca about 35 min from my house.

Problem is there is no 2013 depo FVD blowing smoke up peoples ***.

I talked to Danny a rep for Depo/Maxzone

They have not changed there design.

Dectane is just another distributor.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM
PACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud of
So I have had these Dectane lights for a year with no issues. Of course today I am on my way to a weekend Gunball Rally and my right side running light goes out. If I flip the lights on and off they come back on....but then occasionally go back out. turn signal and brake light still work- Just the running lights on that side do not. Any tips? I don't have time to read this whole thread.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
The 2nd gen rear LEDs I bought from DelReyCustoms has been flawless. Unfortunately I sold my Porsche so the front and rear LEDs are for sale :-)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...front-drl.html

Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PACE
So I have had these Dectane lights for a year with no issues. Of course today I am on my way to a weekend Gunball Rally and my right side running light goes out. If I flip the lights on and off they come back on....but then occasionally go back out. turn signal and brake light still work- Just the running lights on that side do not. Any tips? I don't have time to read this whole thread.
The black resistor box are bad try pulling the external box of the good side and plug it in to test. Are you getting any ECL warning on the dash board lights?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:32 AM
PACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud of
yep- "check right tail light" comes in and out......

Old 09-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor
yep- "check right tail light" comes in and out......
Bad resistor packs. Nothing you can really do. Try swapping the black boxes that plug into the white/clear harness. If the problem switches sides than that's confirmed.

Trying to work on buying some replacement parts but max zone won't return any of my calls

Old 09-13-2013, 09:46 AM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts

same issue. after couple of weeks the tail light goes out completely.

tried all the combinations of swapping resistor pack from working light as well. no luck.

i am planning to add the resistors to them and see if that works.

much appreciated if anyone know how many ohms resistors need to add for the Brake & Tail lights?

Old 09-13-2013, 10:08 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like your issue has gotten some responses....but your issues are exactly what I experienced. Right down to the flick the light switch. It was only the driver's side light that this happened on and I contributed the failure based on the heat that gets in the housing area. When the temps were cool, say night time the lights would work again...but then quickly fail. I switched the black boxes but by this time the damage was done and the light was toast.

I purchased a new set from a fellow 6Speeder and I have not had an issue since. I was told these were a newer run and the issue was resolved and no problems for me at this time.

Good luck.

You would think paying so much for these lights you could get better longevity and quality...can't cost more than $ 150.00 to make and build over there in China....huge margin and no service?? Typical.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jujust
I also worry about quality
The higher quality Rottec's for me, both front and rear was flawless. Never had a single issue. As I did my research last year, there is about 3 levels of quality. The rear 2 gen PDK are the best PnP...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...front-drl.html

Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 AM
O31982 is infamous around these parts
i have a set for sale by Depo $450. please PM me if you are interested - local pick up gets priority. thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane