997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Former Vendor
DelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud ofDelReyCustoms has much to be proud of
There a little. More than 150.00 to build. My main goal is to offer good service I may charge a little more but everyone who had a problem I tend to do my best to take care of ASAP. That's why I'm now direct with a 1year warranty on all new purchase

Old 10-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Clay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of lightClay1G is a glorious beacon of light
I have Dectane rear LED lights and the left rear running light went out several months ago, everything else works fine. I plan on swapping resisters to see if that is the issue but was curious: Does replacing the resistor typically fix this problem?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:45 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
What is sad is that they charge so much for the product that the R&D should have been done to prevent these issues. All over the world it's all about profit and getting the product to market and no worries about any issues may arise. I believe they call that acceptable losses.

So sad.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Nobody has fundamentally figured out why the lights are failing. There's no shortage of folks who had them working for a year or more, and with or without resistors had them fail suddenly.

I love the look of the dectanes in particular, but there's no chance I would buy these lights unless someone has actually figured out the problem or unless it had a long warranty (eg 3 years).

Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Nobody has fundamentally figured out why the lights are failing. There's no shortage of folks who had them working for a year or more, and with or without resistors had them fail suddenly.

I love the look of the dectanes in particular, but there's no chance I would buy these lights unless someone has actually figured out the problem or unless it had a long warranty (eg 3 years).
I'm at 29 months with mine (fingers crossed). Installed with the supplied resistor box.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:58 AM
azaytsev has a spectacular aura aboutazaytsev has a spectacular aura about
I want to know price for the 997.1 tail lights. PM me please

Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I'm at 29 months with mine (fingers crossed). Installed with the supplied resistor box.

I intalled my dectanes in September of 2011.. Still working fine in general, but I am unable to use the "rear fog light" because it will throw a code. It was a common issue early on and has been that way for many years. Plus I have never had to really use my rear fogs where I live anyway. If I accidentally trigger the fault I just plug in my originals to clear the code and as long as I don't pull too hard on my fog lights switch to activate the rear fogs there are no issues. I love the look of them so I have been very happy with them over the years. hoping they continue to last with no problems.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:09 AM
997 Turbo is infamous around these parts
What is the best place to buy 997.1 LED taillights? Clear/red, just like 997.2 genuine lights? And I mean in Europe because I live in Finland.
Is Dectane good/best?

Old 02-22-2016, 05:16 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Dectane appear to be good quality, but obviously there are differences when compared to genuine 997.2 tail lights. The shape is different to fit the 997.1 bumper. Additionally, the light pattern is not the same as OE lights. This is true for running lights as well as brake lights.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:48 AM
Okay thanks for information. I will probably buy Dectane's.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:21 AM
NikosF is infamous around these parts
I gave up on my LED rears that I bought from Orange Tuning in Germany. He promised to get back to me, and then radio silence. I've gone back to the original lights. My car is not a 997.2, and I'm not going to pretend it is anymore. Come to like the 997.1 lights again.

Very disappointed given how much they cost.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Well then I don't buy those from Orange Tuning.
Thanks.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NikosF
I gave up on my LED rears that I bought from Orange Tuning in Germany. He promised to get back to me, and then radio silence. I've gone back to the original lights. My car is not a 997.2, and I'm not going to pretend it is anymore. Come to like the 997.1 lights again.

Very disappointed given how much they cost.
I had a set of Depo/Dectane lights installed on my 997.1 for a couple of months and then went back to the factory tail lights. I have the OE solid red tail lights, and I simply prefer the way that they look over the aftermarket LED units. I know that lots of people prefer the aftermarket lights, I'm just not one of them. Many people view the 997 and especially the 997.1 as the last 911 you could buy that had a bit more of an old 911 feeling to it as we move towards the 991 and beyond. It seems appropriate for that car to have incandescent lights.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:19 PM
My opinion is that LEDs look better, those 997.1 genuine lights look so old even the car is not that old.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:52 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
before and after Dectane...

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane