997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Lights look great and the final rev made that video that much better!

P.S. Are those OE Turbo wheels? How did those fit the narrow body?

Yeah... Felt the need to make some noise for the video. Fabspeed exhaust.

The car was ordered from factory with turbo wheels so the offset is for a nb car..

Old 06-13-2011, 05:33 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
ray, it's Berk....pix look great bud.....dammit I want a set but anyone know of the longevity of these lights?? Also noticed when fog light is engaged, the entire tail doesn't turn on for the left side.....thoughts?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM
raddray is infamous around these partsraddray is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boochook
ray, it's Berk....pix look great bud.....dammit I want a set but anyone know of the longevity of these lights?? Also noticed when fog light is engaged, the entire tail doesn't turn on for the left side.....thoughts?

Yeah.. with the fog light engaged the lights do look a little strange. Not really concerned... I have other cars to drive when it's raining/foggy outside. This car stays inside when the weather is bad.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Who cares is right! The car looks sick!!! When are dectane doing the fronts?

Originally Posted by raddray
Yeah.. with the fog light engaged the lights do look a little strange. Not really concerned... I have other cars to drive when it's raining/foggy outside. This car stays inside when the weather is bad.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
I received CFO approval (wife) and it's actually my Father's day gift! I didn't waste a second and just sent email asking for quote so I may place order!
;-)

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 06-14-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
For the price that Frank from Orange Tuning is quoting with shipping, you can't beat it! Great value for an aftermarket light set.

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
I received CFO approval (wife) and is actually my Father's day gift! I didn't waste a second and just sent email asking for quote so I may place order!
;-)

Old 06-14-2011, 05:50 AM
mihink is infamous around these parts
My lights have arrived in the US! They were shipped from Europe on 6/10.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Smile

I just placed my order with Frank at Orange Tuning and can't wait ti get them on my car!

BTW, for those of you contemplating, he's starting to run low on inventory. See below section from email to me from Frank on inventory availability.

--[snip]
Dear David,

thank you very much for your friendly inquiry.

Yes, we are trying to prepare the package as good as possible.

We know the parcel services. Sometimes they dont tread the packages well.

We already sent you a "payment request" by paypal. In total 5x sets are left.

Next shipment will arrived in approx. 4weeks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

With kind regards

Frank Stuiber

Geschäftsführer

--[snip]

Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
I just placed my order with Frank at Orange Tuning and can't wait ti get them on my car!

BTW, for those of you contemplating, he's starting to run low on inventory. See below section from email to me from Frank on inventory availability.

--[snip]
Dear David,

thank you very much for your friendly inquiry.

Yes, we are trying to prepare the package as good as possible.

We know the parcel services. Sometimes they dont tread the packages well.

We already sent you a "payment request" by paypal. In total 5x sets are left.

Next shipment will arrived in approx. 4weeks.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

With kind regards

Frank Stuiber

Geschäftsführer

--[snip]
Thanks Muscles, I've ordered a set this morning.

"
thank you very much for your inquiry.

Yes, that is true. Tomorrow we will get the last 5x sets and then we have to wait approx. 4weeks."

4 sets left, then you'll have to wait another month. Place your orders now.

Last edited by Ynot; 06-14-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:31 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
My phone refuses to email me my pictures. I love Droid...

Anyhow, the lights look and work as advertised. They are bright and look good during the day and great during night.

Installation is beyond easy, on a scale of 1 to 5 (hardest), I give it a 1. Go for the center screw only and the entire light just slides out... way easy.

The only con to these lights is that they do not produce horse power!

I am also curious about the resistor that shipped with the lights. I too did not install as I saw one already on the light assembly. The lights work just fine without it. I will contact OT and inquire about it.

Last edited by DirtyVegas; 06-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:49 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
sweet congrats, still waiting for mine

Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
thx, raddray, for the pics and video.

is there any night pics posted? i looked thru the thread but didn't see any.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
thx, raddray, for the pics and video.

is there any night pics posted? i looked thru the thread but didn't see any.
Here's another 200 posts you can look through - I think I remember seeing some night shots.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...97-1-leds.html

Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Here's another 200 posts you can look through - I think I remember seeing some night shots.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...97-1-leds.html
lol. thx.. i just did.

found these pics that show the difference between 997.1 tail light and the dectane tail light.. Dectane looks great !

too bad the Dectane doesn't have the OEM look when the brake is applied.. i really like the c-shape of the OEM.. (see last pic (pic from rottec))

Attached Images     

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane