997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Experience with Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Experience with Extended Warranty

I am thinking about purchasing an extended warranty as my factory warranty expires in 11 months. Have time to explore the possiblities of whether to buy any extended warranty (this has been discussed on other threads before).

Several Porsche dealers are selling the Fidelity program. Porsche is allowing them to market it as a Porsche extended warranty contract but it is a Fidelity program. I understand that it is important to have the factory warranty in place when buying the extended contract. Also, mileage on Porsche when purchasing affects the $$$$.

Any comments on the Fidelity Platinum program (highest offered)?

Also, if you can PM me with what you are paying and the dealer who sold it to you. To compare, deductible and years / miles of coverage and your mileage when you purchased is important to know.

I am calling around and prices are all over the place for the same exact coverage. They call that profit.

Thanks much.

Mark

Old 05-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Mark PM me, I just got a 3 year/36K platinum Fidelity warrnty, had my 4 year service yesterday and OEM warranty expire in 1 month.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Dharma is infamous around these parts
Hi Mark,
If you get anything let me know. I don't have the original warranty but I'm still looking for a good extended warranty! Unless you know what you're doing it's crazy! Talk about in a dark room with wolves!

Fidelity only does it through Dealers too! There are no payment plans either... they want 7000.00 up front for a lousy 2 years!

Richard

Old 04-11-2012, 05:09 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Richard,

I did purchase a Fidelity Platinum warranty in November 2011. I wanted the exclusionary Platinum coverage and because my mileage was under 10K, I was able to buy a 7 yr /70K policy for a very reasonable amount.

You are right that Fidelity sells their warranty policies through its new car dealer network. You need to shop the policy with 5 or more dealers and they do not need to be Porsche dealers. Same policy sold by all. For me, it is the Platinum policy and I purchased it from a local Honda dealer. Their F&I manager was more agressive with their pricing.

So my suggestion is to call Fidelity Customer Service and ask them for 5 or more dealers within reasonable proximity to your zip code and shop it. The pricing I received varied quite a bit.

Mark

Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Richard,

I did purchase a Fidelity Platinum warranty in November 2011. I wanted the exclusionary Platinum coverage and because my mileage was under 10K, I was able to buy a 7 yr /70K policy for a very reasonable amount.

You are right that Fidelity sells their warranty policies through its new car dealer network. You need to shop the policy with 5 or more dealers and they do not need to be Porsche dealers. Same policy sold by all. For me, it is the Platinum policy and I purchased it from a local Honda dealer. Their F&I manager was more agressive with their pricing.

So my suggestion is to call Fidelity Customer Service and ask them for 5 or more dealers within reasonable proximity to your zip code and shop it. The pricing I received varied quite a bit.

Mark
Mark,
I am still shopping for my extended warranty. So far I have gotten four quotes that are within $100 of each other but I will continue my search.
FYI, I have not been able to get hold of the Honda dealer F&I dept. It seems they may have reorganized. Thanks for your advice.