997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT3 throttle body retrofit to 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gpjli
Ok. I stand corrected. One person did it. I note you had the dealer do the work.That plus the expense were the main issues, no?I get the feeling you would not rush to do it again for 15000$ or more. I think you have made my point. I'm sure it is a very nice car. Enjoy.
Yes, I had the dealer do it for me as my car was only a few months old and I didn't want any warranty issues - I spoke with them prior to purchasing the kit, just to be sure. Indeed the cost would be the main issue as well as finding someone who can do it that makes one feel at ease, as it is a major job.

You are correct - I wouldn't do it again, not even at the below $14k price I paid for both parts and labor as, if I had that cash with me now, I would be moving into a 2009 Carrera S or a 2007 GT3 much easier than I would now. I figure my Powerkit may bring about $5k more for my car than for an otherwise similar car (similar options, model, year and mileage) without it, if it were to be a fair sale. One can spend more on the aftermarket and not really get the results that are otherwise guaranteed by Porsche. I mean, if I were to buy a 997.1 or even a 997.2 Carrera S, I wouldn't spend the money on the kit but would pay more - within reason - to get a car with it on already, while saving a lot over what the person who paid the full price spent.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
Yes, I had the dealer do it for me as my car was only a few months old and I didn't want any warranty issues - I spoke with them prior to purchasing the kit, just to be sure. Indeed the cost would be the main issue as well as finding someone who can do it that makes one feel at ease, as it is a major job.

You are correct - I wouldn't do it again, not even at the below $14k price I paid for both parts and labor as, if I had that cash with me now, I would be moving into a 2009 Carrera S or a 2007 GT3 much easier than I would now. I figure my Powerkit may bring about $5k more for my car than for an otherwise similar car (similar options, model, year and mileage) without it, if it were to be a fair sale. One can spend more on the aftermarket and not really get the results that are otherwise guaranteed by Porsche. I mean, if I were to buy a 997.1 or even a 997.2 Carrera S, I wouldn't spend the money on the kit but would pay more - within reason - to get a car with it on already, while saving a lot over what the person who paid the full price spent.
I wanted the kit when I bought the car (06) but the 12+k$ was too steep. You buy mainly exclusivity. Add plenum, full exhaust/cats and you have the horsepower for less than half plus it sounds better imo. You can throw in a pair of light forged wheels and still be ahead. But you want factory stuff: I give you credit for being so committed to the package that you went all the way

Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Hi RSS

Will the IPD & GT3 TB competition kit be available soon? Is it compatible with the stock air box and intake tube? What about performance intake tubes like the fabspeed one?

With the plenum be available to buy on it's own for those already with gt3 throttle bodies?

Old 01-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Banned
IPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond reputeIPD Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hi RSS

Will the IPD & GT3 TB competition kit be available soon? Is it compatible with the stock air box and intake tube? What about performance intake tubes like the fabspeed one?

With the plenum be available to buy on it's own for those already with gt3 throttle bodies?
Greetings Gibbo205,

The new Carrera 82mm "Competition" Plenums should be available next month as both a kit with TB as well as the Plenum alone.

The new Plenum will come with all the required hardware and hoses necessary to complete the installation and will mate up to the factory air box.

We are very excited about this new "Competition" series Plenum. The latest design is even more improved over the earlier tested prototypes and should prove to deliver even greater performance.

Stay tuned for more details and specs regarding this latest IPD Plenum.

Also, IPD has been on it's own and hasn't been affiliated with RSS for over a year and a half.

Thanks for all your time and interest.

Cheers,

Greg Martin
IPD Plenums: www.ipdplenums.com
17141 Palmdale St. Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Office: 714-842-5000

Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
michaelr1 is infamous around these parts
Dynoing My C4S

I am receiving the IPD 82mm plenum and GT3 throttle body this coming week. My tech has scheduled a dyno session for Saturday the 18th. We will be doing three runs with the current modifications on my 2008 C4S, bmp filter, cat bypass, and fvd brombacher ecu reflash. He is going to install the new IPD mods and then make three more dyno runs for comparison after allowing the fuel control system to adjust to the new mods. I will be glad to share this hard data once I receive it. I won't be there to because of travel, but a friend will be on site to video and witness the process. I am really excited to see the results. I frankly never believed the S 3.8 motor only made the advertised 355 hp and now we will have real numbers to talk about concerning the gains with the IPD system.
After driving it I will also submit some real world evaluations as well.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by michaelr1
I am receiving the IPD 82mm plenum and GT3 throttle body this coming week. My tech has scheduled a dyno session for Saturday the 18th. We will be doing three runs with the current modifications on my 2008 C4S, bmp filter, cat bypass, and fvd brombacher ecu reflash. He is going to install the new IPD mods and then make three more dyno runs for comparison after allowing the fuel control system to adjust to the new mods. I will be glad to share this hard data once I receive it. I won't be there to because of travel, but a friend will be on site to video and witness the process. I am really excited to see the results. I frankly never believed the S 3.8 motor only made the advertised 355 hp and now we will have real numbers to talk about concerning the gains with the IPD system.

So is this kit out now?
Got a link for where I can buy from please?

Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Thanks for doing that and keep us posted!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 PM
GT3 Plenum

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
So is this kit out now?
Got a link for where I can buy from please?
I called Greg at IPD. His number and web address are listed on the post right before mine. I will let you know the dyno and driving impressions, as soon as I get a chance.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 PM
As promised I am back to report on the gains and impressions after installing the IPD GT3 intake plenum and GT3 throttle body to my 2008 C4S. The awd dyno work was performed by Corr Performance out of New Orleans and the install by Vinnie's Exotics in Baton Rouge. I am pleased with the quality of the IPD products and also the work of Corr and Vinnie, so in the interest of fairness to all parties involved I am going to forego passing judgment on the dyno results at this time. The dyno was not giving consistent information, with sine wave type up and down patterns for horsepower numbers. The possible explanation could be the clutch coupling of the awd affecting the dyno. Calls are being made to make adjustments in order to get the dyno setup corrected. We will redyno at the first opportunity.
Now driving impressions, the car had a noticeably different exhaust note upon start. No adverse effects on driveability with the additions are present. The car has always been fast, but I can feel the power earlier in the power band and it pulls harder to the redline than before the additions. I drove it full throttle and it just kept pulling through the gears very strong with no signs of letting up. I am taking it on the road tomorrow and hope to get the dyno results done next week. Can't speak for the dyno factor now, but the smile factor is very positive.

Last edited by michaelr1; 02-19-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Interesting...keep us posted.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:40 AM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to read about the dyno issues. I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the full results.

I assume that the pre-IPD dyno runs probably had inconsistent data too(?). If so, that will make this "before and after" comparison a lot less interesting - unless you return it to the stock plenum and TB and then re-run pre-IPD dynos too.

Any valid data that you get will be much appreciated. Thanks Michaelr1.

- Alan

Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
dyno runs

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Sorry to read about the dyno issues. I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for the full results.

I assume that the pre-IPD dyno runs probably had inconsistent data too(?). If so, that will make this "before and after" comparison a lot less interesting - unless you return it to the stock plenum and TB and then re-run pre-IPD dynos too.

Any valid data that you get will be much appreciated. Thanks Michaelr1.

- Alan
Actually had one good before mods dyno run will try to post

Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Actually had one good before mods dyno run will try to post
Yes,please post it! Thanks.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:51 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Any dyno results yet?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
by now you might be getting a not so good feeling about this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 throttle body retrofit to 997