997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Photoshoot...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Pics looks great, I'm glad I inspired you to go out and drive. I've heard a lot of this garage queen Some of the pics looks a bit dark, keep trying you'll get it right. Keep the pics coming, I don't know anyone of us will ever get bored looking at the beautiful 997's.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
The car looks amazing, great job with the pics. I hope to see it sometime around Vancouver.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:10 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Beautiful car and love the concave rims . Looking forward to improved pix that will accentuate and bring out the curves of the car.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i like your hdr shot. it doesnt look overly processed.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Bought the car Jan./08 with 16,000 kms(or 9,900 miles) and have managed to put LOTS of miles on it since!
It NOW has 33,000 kms(20,500 miles)....NOT bad for 3 1/2 years ...
I have put about the same milage on my car, in the same time frame....on the track!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mickfluff
as always your car looks fantastic!
Thanks Mickfluff!
Originally Posted by MkC2
wow..beautiful ride..luv the concave rims
I am really happy with the look!
Originally Posted by Scoper
Wow that black looks so deep I could take a dive into it...! Nice pics!
I tend to take care of it pretty well,LOL!

Originally Posted by itspol
Great pics and very nice car
Thank-you..

Originally Posted by Ynot
Pics looks great, I'm glad I inspired you to go out and drive. I've heard a lot of this garage queen Some of the pics looks a bit dark, keep trying you'll get it right. Keep the pics coming, I don't know anyone of us will ever get bored looking at the beautiful 997's.
I was looking at the higher resolution pics last night and found that the details of the car are still in those photos....maybe because I only uploaded the smaller files is why the pics loose some detail?!

Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
The car looks amazing, great job with the pics. I hope to see it sometime around Vancouver.
Thanks for the compliment!
Anytime.....just gives me some notice on a nice weekend and I will be there........!

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Beautiful car and love the concave rims . Looking forward to improved pix that will accentuate and bring out the curves of the car.
I will work on those next time out!

Originally Posted by killacam
i like your hdr shot. it doesnt look overly processed.
Yeah it turned out OK considering that 4 of the shots were way over-exposed so I could only use 3 but thank-you!

Originally Posted by NorthVan
I have put about the same milage on my car, in the same time frame....on the track!
NOW this some funny S--T,right there!
So let me clarify.....
I am testing to see IF a Porsche that does not get driven much will break more often than one that does!
AND
Ed is doing JUST the opposite and driving the beans out f his,LOL!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
not a big fan of convertibles.......until now , great pics ,car looks amazing ,love the rims......congrats

Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nyseal
not a big fan of convertibles.......until now , great pics ,car looks amazing ,love the rims......congrats
The first part of that statement GOT me!
Next time out we will get some topless ones,LOL!

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
NOW this some funny S--T,right there!
So let me clarify.....
I am testing to see IF a Porsche that does not get driven much will break more often than one that does!
AND
Ed is doing JUST the opposite and driving the beans out f his,LOL!
Now who do you think will have more fun doing it? You and your swiffer keeping the dust of car, or me kicking up the dust on an apex......

Old 05-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Mojo31 is infamous around these parts
I don't know how deep you are into photography, but here are some suggestions on some post-processing tools that may help. If you don't have it, you might want to look into getting Lightroom. It is great for processing raw images, and offers a lot of control over the finer aspects of image adjustment. Learning to use the adjustment brushes can open up big doors to you. One of the nice things about using LR is that you are never permanently changing your raw image.

Second, if you are using the Pshop products, the shadow/highlight tool can be really useful, especially when combined with the mid-tone contrast adjustment. Just be careful not to overdo it or you can create an unnatural appearance with halos. Using adjustment layers can be very useful if you want to get that deep into it.

Next, if doing HDR, make sure you start with at least three bracketed images - -1, 0, +1 - or better yet 5 bracketed images. Again try to avoid the telltale halos to avoid the overprocessed look. You can see the halo in the bridge support in your photo.

Good luck!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
stack24 is infamous around these parts
Beautiful photos...the subject of the pictures is what makes it even that much better

Old 05-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Now who do you think will have more fun doing it? You and your swiffer keeping the dust of car, or me kicking up the dust on an apex......
IMO....ME,LOL!

Originally Posted by Mojo31
I don't know how deep you are into photography, but here are some suggestions on some post-processing tools that may help. If you don't have it, you might want to look into getting Lightroom. It is great for processing raw images, and offers a lot of control over the finer aspects of image adjustment. Learning to use the adjustment brushes can open up big doors to you. One of the nice things about using LR is that you are never permanently changing your raw image.

Second, if you are using the Pshop products, the shadow/highlight tool can be really useful, especially when combined with the mid-tone contrast adjustment. Just be careful not to overdo it or you can create an unnatural appearance with halos. Using adjustment layers can be very useful if you want to get that deep into it.

Next, if doing HDR, make sure you start with at least three bracketed images - -1, 0, +1 - or better yet 5 bracketed images. Again try to avoid the telltale halos to avoid the overprocessed look. You can see the halo in the bridge support in your photo.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips!

Originally Posted by stack24
Beautiful photos...the subject of the pictures is what makes it even that much better
Thanks......

Here are a few with nothing more than the brightness turned up a bit so that you can see the curves of the car(side-skirts and rear spats)!

AND YES the front plate IS ugly...which is why I use earth magnets to mount it(NO BUMPER HOLES)...so I can pull it off for pics! YES I forgot to pull it off on a few pics,LOL!

Last edited by justatoy; 05-31-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Mojo31 is infamous around these parts
I hope you don't mind, but I took your last shot and made some basic LR adjustments to show you what can be done with it. I also cloned out the signs and tree coming out of the roof using a basic Pshop tool. The results are not that impressive starting with a low res jpeg (multiple compression steps do not help either), but may show what can be done with photos that have very bright and very dark areas. If you'd prefer that I did not do that, let me know and I'll take it down.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Mojo31; 05-31-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I hope you don't mind, but I took your last shot and made some basic LR adjustments to show you what can be done with it. I also cloned out the signs and tree coming out of the roof using a basic Pshop tool. The results are not that impressive starting with a low res jpeg, but may show what can be done with photos that have very bright and very dark areas. If you'd prefer that I did not do that, let me know and I'll take it down.
No worries....
I use light room and photoshop as well......the only reason I didn't photoshop or lightroom that one was to show how over exposed some of the areas were right out of the camera.I too use Lightroom to darken and lighten areas BUT In my first pics I wanted that darker look for the pic and not worry about all the details the car had to offer(more the overall shape and wheels)...like you in my first pics I photoshopped out the sign lying on the road,LOL!

Thanks again for your help!

Stacy

Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
IMO....ME,LOL!
not likely, this car was made to be driven.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Photoshoot...