997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Photoshoot...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 05:55 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
My Photoshoot...

I was inspired by "Ynot" one of our forum members,who posted some REALLY GREAT professional pics of his car.So I decided to post up some photos(unprofessionally done by me) of my car!
I figure what better way to showcase ones car....but right here on a forum FULL of
automobile/Porsche affectionados!
Go easy on me I am relatively NEW at the photography game!

Hope you enjoy pics and IF I can I will post more later!

And this IS my first attempt at a HDR(high dynamic range) imaging....

Last edited by justatoy; 06-02-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:01 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Cool pix. An damn, that is one clean car! Nice work bud.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Great pics!

How often do you drive that thing? It looks as if it is never drived but just washed and cleaned.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:14 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bwiele
Cool pix. An damn, that is one clean car! Nice work bud.
Thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Great pics!

How often do you drive that thing? It looks as if it is never drived but just washed and cleaned.
I haven't driven it alot this year as the weather has been CRAPPY and YES it is a sunny day car only!
BUT...
Bought the car Jan./08 with 16,000 kms(or 9,900 miles) and have managed to put LOTS of miles on it since!
It NOW has 33,000 kms(20,500 miles)....NOT bad for 3 1/2 years ...
I am testing the theory that so many talk about about,"A Porsche that is NOT driven much will break or have problems"....so far so good!

Cheers Guys,

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 05-30-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Great car of course. Photos are good but you need toi figure out how to get more detail in your blacks. Not sure what you're shooting withm, but if you look at the 'curves', I'm sure you'd see that you're losing a lot at the dark end.
If you're doing HDR, I think you need to overexpose by quite a bit more to pick that up. I don't have any experience with HDR, but I understand the concept.
Try some with the whole frame overexposed and see what kind of detail you can get out of your blacks.
Are you shooting in RAW?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
the shot from above is the closest to proper exposure for your car but note the lack of detail in you seats. That would be a good candidate for HDR with the car 1 or two full stops 'overexposed'

Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jack667
Great car of course. Photos are good but you need toi figure out how to get more detail in your blacks. Not sure what you're shooting withm, but if you look at the 'curves', I'm sure you'd see that you're losing a lot at the dark end.
If you're doing HDR, I think you need to overexpose by quite a bit more to pick that up. I don't have any experience with HDR, but I understand the concept.
Try some with the whole frame overexposed and see what kind of detail you can get out of your blacks.
Are you shooting in RAW?
YES I am shooting raw!
I had a professional photographer do some pics of the car las year and when he asked the color and I told him black...he was hating life,LOL!

The pics were actually over exposed quite a bit and to get the wheels from being blown out with light I had to tone the pics down.It didn't help that I was out mid afternoon and the sun was really bright!
I may go back and take one of the ones I thought were garbage,due to overexposure, and try them again!

Thanks for the encouragement to TRY AGAIN,LOL!

Stacy

Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Great pics! Black cars are not easy to photograph.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i like the way the interior rims on the rear wheels pick up the red calipers.

is that under the bridge out in the South East part of "vancouver" Port man or something?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i like the way the interior rims on the rear wheels pick up the red calipers.

is that under the bridge out in the South East part of "vancouver" Port man or something?
The lips on the wheels are polished to a reflection like a mirror!

The NEW Golden Ears bridge.....Maple Ridge to Langley....on the Langley side.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Looks great

as always your car looks fantastic!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
wow..beautiful ride..luv the concave rims

Old 05-30-2011, 08:17 PM
cosmican is infamous around these parts
Nice car and pics. Wish I could keep mine as clean. LOL

Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Wow that black looks so deep I could take a dive into it...! Nice pics!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 PM
itspol is infamous around these parts
Great pics and very nice car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Photoshoot...