997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Denison IPod and Bluetooth Kit???? Any experience??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011 | 05:55 AM
|
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Haha...thx guys. So I got the Dension then.

Old 06-03-2011 | 08:13 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Berk

Put it in today...Piece of cake. Streaming pandora and Ipod is awesome...still learnig all the menus...but I love it. Eric is the best...always willing to help...Thinking about a painted center console from him as well!

Old 06-03-2011 | 08:25 PM
|
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Seth, awesome!!! Did you do the Bluetooth also? Hey, tomorrow night thinking of doing a night cruise if you want in.....

Originally Posted by bogart101
Berk

Put it in today...Piece of cake. Streaming pandora and Ipod is awesome...still learnig all the menus...but I love it. Eric is the best...always willing to help...Thinking about a painted center console from him as well!

Old 06-03-2011 | 08:48 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Originally Posted by boochook
Seth, awesome!!! Did you do the Bluetooth also? Hey, tomorrow night thinking of doing a night cruise if you want in.....
I did...still a few items to clean up, but works great... if i dont go out of town im in....let me know! Thanks

Old 07-06-2011 | 12:38 AM
lee_911 is infamous around these parts
Hi. I'm new to the forum so forgive me if my questions have already been addressed by others.

I'd like to install a iPod/USB/Aux + Bluetooth interface in my 2005 911. I hear NavTV, Dension and mObridge are the main players here and that the Dension (Gateway 500 + BTA1500) and mObridge (ABT2010-PSHF) units are preferred. My main questions:

1. Is cost the main difference between the Dension and mObridge units? Are they comparable in terms of performance?

2. Will i have to upgrade my PCM (currently 1.0) or is it preferred that i do? If so, can i do so after the installation?

3. Will the mObridge part take my factory CD player offline (the manual suggests as much: "CD changer retention is only possible in Audi vehicles")? Will the Dension part take my factory CD player offline?

4. Can the Blackberry music and playlists be accessed and controlled from the PCM via the USB or Aux. interface just as the iPod is from its interface, or will i have to hit the play button on the phone and send the audio to the unit thru the USB/Aux. interaces?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2011 | 01:01 PM
Thanks for the helpful information.

I ended up picking up the mObridge part and was assured beforehand (and before i read the note in the manual about CD changers not retained except in Audis) that a factory CD player (i.e., the one built into the PCM) will not have to come offline but that other auxiliary devices such as a non-factory CD player or multiple CD changer in the trunk probably would come offline. I hope that's the case.

Thanks again.

lee

Old 07-16-2011 | 08:52 PM
Hello again,

I just installed the moBridge ABT2010 and it appears to be working for the most part (phone, iPod, Aux.).

The main challenge is that it only takes 150 phone records, which sucks because i'm A LOT more popular than that! Also, many persons in my address book have multiple numbers. Any ideas about how to increase that number to, say 1000? (i'm sure that's been asked about 1000 times

I also came across the Bluetooth streaming capability in the manual and that doesn't appear to be working. The phone and car both show that Bluetooth is active and the phone is communicating via Bluetooth. The media player on the phone is set to moBridge and no sound is coming out of the phone when a song is played (a messages stating that moBridge is active is seen when the volume buttons are pressed). On the PCM, i select CD6/tracks/Bluetooth, but still no audio. I turn up the volume, to no avail. Any ideas here?

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2011 | 02:15 AM
Hi,

I meant to take you up on your kind offer to call you about my mObridge but haven't been able to find a good opportunity. I've made some incremental progress with my mObridge unit, which i'll summarize here so that i can discuss with you when i call; or, if these items have obvious answers from which others can benefit, then so be it.

At this point, after upgrading my BB9700 software to version 6.0.x, i still don't have the media streaming capability. This is even after i deleted the mObridge profile and reactivated it with the updated phone.

In the meantime, i went ahead and picked up an iPod nano device because that appears to be the preferred interface. Now i can see the genres, albums, artistst, etc., under CD1, CD2, ..., CD6, and i can even select each of those and see the music list sorted accordingly. However, when i do that, i have little control over playback from the PCM. Basically, playback is in whatever order (alphabetical) the songs are in once sorted according to those categories. Let's say i choose CD4 (genre); playback will begin with the first song by the first artist in the first genre of music and i cannot skip a song, replay a song, select a specific artist/album/song within the genre, nor can i select a different genre from the PCM. Similarly, let's say i choose CD1 or CD2 (whichever one corresponds to artist); playback wil begin with the first song by the first artist, but i cannot skip, replay or select a specific artist/album/song from the PCM.

Could this be a PCM 1.0 problem or could it be a faulty unit/installation? Are there easy fixes you can recommend? Thanks in advance.

lee

Old 07-20-2011 | 07:57 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I would like to use hook up XM via my Droid through the Aux input. Will I see a menu on the PCM module? I have a 2007 911.

If so, what is the extent of options that I will see? Will I see the XM channels?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Cartronics
Those are great questions:

We are Cartronics.com - and we are hired by Porsche dealers, aftermarket shops (and by consultants for Porsche NA) to do testing for them and many products for the fiber optic system in Porsche autos. They ask us to evaluate and long term test items and then present results. We then offer only the best items to them. This testing includes weatherometer testing and overall reliability. If a shop installs a product in a Porsche and then they have a callback, they go from making money to losing money in one easy step. That is the reason for all the extensive testing we do. So now that the intro is over, I can answer your questions:

1. The main products for this purpose are Nav-TV, Dension, iTronic, mObridge. In our testing, the Nav-TV suffered a VERY high failure rate. Nearly 1 in 5 units.
The Dension on the M.O.S.T. platform rarely fails, but does have some quirky behavior and has to be unplugged and reset periodically. This is also unacceptable.
The mObridge and iTronic share the same Fiberdyne platform and have shown to have long term reliability (failure rate of .02%)
Therefore after long term testing, we only offer to our end users and dealers the mObridge and iTronic units. They are a few percent higher than the Dension, but not by much. The difference between them, is who is going to install them. The mObridge is a package designed for installers, and the iTronic is designed for DIY. The price is very close and the iTronic simply includes every conceivable item necessary to complete an install, where the mObridge relies on an installer to have the necessary bits to complete an installation.

You will not need to upgrade your PCM. They all will work regardless.

Yes, the Porsche will not really tolerate a CDC online with another device. There is not any spare network address space (but Audi does have a spare, that is why it can be retained)

From a Blackberry, you would connect via Aux (unless you got the Bluetooth / iPod combo unit which can do bluetooth streaming). When connected via Aux, you control the music from the BB.

I hope this info helps....

Old 07-21-2011 | 11:11 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Any idea of where to get this done in Denver, CO?

Old 07-22-2011 | 02:24 PM
Regarding my earlier post(s) about controlling my iPod from the PCM via the mObridge part, the issues i described were mainly my errors. Once i read the manual more carefully, i realized how to control the iPod from the PCM. For those that are interested, the problems were due to the fact that the forward button ">>" and the scroll/select dial on the PCM don't always have the same effect; in some cases they do (e.g., selecting CD number for iPod playlists, artists, albums, genres, etc.), but in order to navigate the sub-categories within playlists, artists, albums, genres, i had to use the ">>" and "<<" buttons, which is exactly what the manual described.

My apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusions. I've been quite satisfied with the mObridge part (ABT2010). The sound is amazing and the control, albeit a bit "clumsy" in the words of another user, is exactly as described in the manual and quite easy once you get used to it.

As for the Bluetooth streaming capability (i.e., streaming media from your phone or other device to the sound system), i was able to do that as well with some guidance from the good folks at Cartronics. Thanks for your patience and support. You guys really know your stuff: the units you sell and the cars you put them in. You guys really stepped up to help me get the right part and to resolve my issues once i purchased it. Your rapid replies to my posts and your willingness to take my call and help me out showed me that you're the right people to work with. Thanks.

Cheers!

Old 07-22-2011 | 03:37 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Just put the Gateway 500 in my XC-90. Bought from Bumperplugs. No real surprises installing, just took longer than I thought. Having a helper just to hold the center stack (on my car there is a harness that cannot be unplugged) would have cut my time by over half. My wife loves it.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-12-2012 | 09:24 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
I can't get my AUX input nor USB to work on my Gateway 500. Anyone else experience this?

Old 02-26-2012 | 12:22 PM
bencomer is infamous around these parts
OK guys, I have an 06 997 C2S Cab. I got the BTA 1500 wired through the firewall through the grommet on the DRIVER'S SIDE behind the battery (passenger side was too tough). Can anybody tell me the best way to get the BTA 1500 wire from the battery bay through the wall that separates the battery bay to the trunk? The rubber grommet behind the power brake assist appears to be a candidate, but this is another very tough grommet to get through. Is there an easier way?

Old 02-26-2012 | 04:47 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bencomer
OK guys, I have an 06 997 C2S Cab. I got the BTA 1500 wired through the firewall through the grommet on the DRIVER'S SIDE behind the battery (passenger side was too tough). Can anybody tell me the best way to get the BTA 1500 wire from the battery bay through the wall that separates the battery bay to the trunk? The rubber grommet behind the power brake assist appears to be a candidate, but this is another very tough grommet to get through. Is there an easier way?
I dont know if you want to start over, but I grabbed the power and MOST cable behind the head unit. After this, I put everything behind the A/C controls. I don't see the point of running cables through the firewall if you don't have to.