997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Denison IPod and Bluetooth Kit???? Any experience??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011 | 05:39 PM
|
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Denison IPod and Bluetooth Kit???? Any experience??

Ok, so I've decided, the Denison is the way for me to go for what I need. This will be for my 2008 C2S with Sport Chrono so it wnt be affected. Now, question is will this set up affect my warranty? Also, how many hours should a professional installer charge? These are for sale from a sponsor bumperplugs.com so looks to be a great deal......thanks for the input.

Denison IceLink iPod™ Integration*************************
List, $639, our price: $419

Absolutely the #1 product for iPod integration on MOST bus vehicles.* This unit will allow seamless integration of iPod data to your fiber optic (MOST) bus Porsche audio system.* Flawless digital sound piped right to the head unit, NOT a cheap FM modulator.* Fits all Porsche vehicles from 2003 to 2008, * Nav and non-Nav ready, plus Audi, Mercedes, Saab, BMW and others!* Buy with confidence - we are an authorized Dension distributor and have been since 2006, selling only genuine Dension products. See details on the order page.

DENSION Bluetooth Integration Kit List $349, our price: $95

A full featured MOST bus answer for Bluetooth Integration!* Seamlessly integrate your Bluetooth capable phone directly to the MOST bus in your Porsche through a simple connection to the Dension iPod Integration Kit above (other vehicles coming soon).* Mutes all audio sources, accepts phonebook downloads, and is a full featured solution!* Must have PCM w/telephone buttons in upper left corner, and must have Dension Gateway 500 shown above.

Old 06-01-2011 | 07:03 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I have this setup, and I love it. Navigating the menus feels a little clumsy at first, but once you're used to it it's second nature.

You can install this yourself, by the way. Do some searches and you'll find all you need to do it in an hour.
CATTMAN

Old 06-01-2011 | 07:09 PM
|
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks CATTMAN, I appreciate it. Positive rep sent your way.....

Originally Posted by Cattman
I have this setup, and I love it. Navigating the menus feels a little clumsy at first, but once you're used to it it's second nature.

You can install this yourself, by the way. Do some searches and you'll find all you need to do it in an hour.
CATTMAN

Old 06-01-2011 | 07:20 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Originally Posted by boochook
Ok, so I've decided, the Denison is the way for me to go for what I need. This will be for my 2008 C2S with Sport Chrono so it wnt be affected. Now, question is will this set up affect my warranty? Also, how many hours should a professional installer charge? These are for sale from a sponsor bumperplugs.com so looks to be a great deal......thanks for the input.

Denison IceLink iPod™ Integration*************************
List, $639, our price: $419

Absolutely the #1 product for iPod integration on MOST bus vehicles.* This unit will allow seamless integration of iPod data to your fiber optic (MOST) bus Porsche audio system.* Flawless digital sound piped right to the head unit, NOT a cheap FM modulator.* Fits all Porsche vehicles from 2003 to 2008, * Nav and non-Nav ready, plus Audi, Mercedes, Saab, BMW and others!* Buy with confidence - we are an authorized Dension distributor and have been since 2006, selling only genuine Dension products. See details on the order page.

DENSION Bluetooth Integration Kit List $349, our price: $95

A full featured MOST bus answer for Bluetooth Integration!* Seamlessly integrate your Bluetooth capable phone directly to the MOST bus in your Porsche through a simple connection to the Dension iPod Integration Kit above (other vehicles coming soon).* Mutes all audio sources, accepts phonebook downloads, and is a full featured solution!* Must have PCM w/telephone buttons in upper left corner, and must have Dension Gateway 500 shown above.

Berk,

Good seeing you at cc. I purchased this setup from bumperplugs and havent gotten around to putting it in yet. Let me know if you want to do the install yourself and we can make a morning of it!

Old 06-01-2011 | 09:03 PM
|
Seth - Great to see you too bud!!

Yeah, just bought the set up AND the clear side markers. I was going to have HBL do it.....I am just NOT good at this type of stuff and want to be safe, unless you know what you're doing.....I'm open to helping out brother!!! I should get it by this Friday/Saturday.....

Originally Posted by bogart101
Berk,

Good seeing you at cc. I purchased this setup from bumperplugs and havent gotten around to putting it in yet. Let me know if you want to do the install yourself and we can make a morning of it!

Old 06-01-2011 | 11:01 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Man... makes me think that I over spent with all my Nav-TV modules.

Old 06-01-2011 | 11:50 PM
trackaddict is infamous around these parts
This looks awesome.

I'm calling them about this in the morning?

Old 06-02-2011 | 06:03 AM
|
Yeah guys.....Eric at Bumperplugs is AWESOME. We were emailing up until 10PM last night and he answered ALL my questions!!!! GET IT GUYS!!!!

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:24 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
One recent issue that just popped up is that I get a message on my iphone 4 that says something to the extent of "incompatible device, charging not supported" And with that, the phone stops charging white in the cradle. The interface, definitely takes some time to get used to but it does work as advertised.

Old 06-02-2011 | 10:07 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I recently picked up the Droid Roadster. It has the capability to provide bluetooth/phone/xm capability to your car --- and, it's plug and play (e.g. turn it on).

I have an XM subscription on my phone and I can stream music (via bluetooth) to the Roadster --- it then transmits the signal to the car's radio (via FM signal). It performs a similar function when you make phone calls.

Overall, the quality is good, especially for the price ($60 on Amazon) and the ease of setup.

Old 06-02-2011 | 11:34 AM
|
WOW, that's awesome. Will check that out. I have the Droid Incredible. Can I get that "APP" or capability on this one?

Originally Posted by 911cv
I recently picked up the Droid Roadster. It has the capability to provide bluetooth/phone/xm capability to your car --- and, it's plug and play (e.g. turn it on).

I have an XM subscription on my phone and I can stream music (via bluetooth) to the Roadster --- it then transmits the signal to the car's radio (via FM signal). It performs a similar function when you make phone calls.

Overall, the quality is good, especially for the price ($60 on Amazon) and the ease of setup.

Old 06-02-2011 | 12:12 PM
choward6 is infamous around these parts
I have the Dension (don't confuse it with Denison) in my 2007 C2S. I live here in Charlotte where Bumperplugs is located. Hendrick Porsche installed it for something like $800. There was a place recommended by Eric that was cheaper but couldn't do the install within my time frame. Bluetooth streaming seems to suck so I connect my phone to the Dension through RCA plugs to listen to Pandora. The only problem I have is that I get interference from the car's electrical sytem when using my phone or Sirius when they are plugged into the car's power jack. Anyone else had this problem or know a solution?

Old 06-02-2011 | 12:27 PM
|
ahhh....didn't realize there was a difference b/w Dension and Denison.....Denison is what Eric sells.....

Old 06-02-2011 | 01:32 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
The company making iPod solutions is Dension. Denison is a University.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:02 PM
choward6 is infamous around these parts
Yes. Dension is what I walked in to Bumperplugs and bought from them. They're 3 miles from my house. But Denison IS a manufacturer of stereo components. They have a sweatshop at the university where students make them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Denison IPod and Bluetooth Kit???? Any experience??