997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Revo or Softronic Flash?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Revo or Softronic Flash?!?!

I am not sure which software flash to go with. Any recommendations? Are they basically the same thing and provide the same outcome? I would appreciate anyone who has either software to post their feedback.

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I don't have any experience with Revo, but the Softonic is an easy DIY upgrade that you can reverse to your OEM flash at anytime.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I did a trial Revo flash in my 2006 Carrera S. I did the Softronic flash in my 2007 Carrera S. I liked the Softronic because I could personally do the flash and revert back to stock if needed. I did not flash my 2009 Carrera S.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
I did a trial Revo flash in my 2006 Carrera S. I did the Softronic flash in my 2007 Carrera S. I liked the Softronic because I could personally do the flash and revert back to stock if needed. I did not flash my 2009 Carrera S.

As for power gains, did they feel equivalent?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Revo gives you an extra cost option to switch between 2 maps if you track and street and use different gas or hardware, etc. As for the power thing any mod that changes the throttle map ie "more aggressive" makes it impossible to use the seat of your pants to tell what is going on. I will say that with the Revo I am into 4th gear sooner on a familiar piece of road so something positive is going on. As for the self removal Soft thing some savvy guys will tell you that porsche will still detect a flash even if you remove it. The advantage is that you don't lose it. I guess any car that is new enough to need an ECU update from the dealer would benefit from self removal/reinstall. My tech knew both and said the Revo is "less generic" ie it has levels of upgrade that can be changed for your car and if you do further mods later on. I think it should be your last mod after the wheels, cats/headers, plenum, etc to pull it together.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jabed92694
As for power gains, did they feel equivalent?
not really... not on the street unless you drive around at 5000rpm and above.

Honestly to feel any real night and day power gains from these cars you need to do a heck of a lot more than a ECU flash and slap on some mufflers. Anyone that tells you different are lying.

To really get say 25hp but a real 25hp over the power band and not just some peak somewhere you need intake mods, cylinder head mods, ecu mods and depending on the model of 997 exhaust mods.