997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Mobridge Bluetooth Connection Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
trackaddict is infamous around these parts
Mobridge Bluetooth Connection Problem

I just picked up a 1st generation mobridge bluetooth and iphone interface and I cannot get the phone numbers from my droid 2 phone to transfer to the factory nav system.

The bluetooth telephone connection works well, so does the ipod, internet radio via pandora sounds pretty good, but the phonebook remains unpopulated.

Can anyone recommend a fix?

I called mobridge and they weren't able to offer a solution.

I'm also getting a buzzing sound when I use pandora and plug in the charger. I tried another charger from the verizon store and it was the same.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Cartronics
The unit is capable of bluetooth streaming, so no aux cable need be used. This eliminates the buzzing (ground loop) problem when plugged in to charge.
The unit may need a good bit of updating and configuring if you got it used. We are happy to reflash it and configure it for you if you want. However, the Droid platform is somewhat problematic - just be forwarned. We are mObridge developers and can assist if you want.
I use the cable because I was told the sound quality is better that way. Is there a charger you can recommend that reduces the buzzing problem?

If re-flashing the unit and re-configuring it will solve my problem, I'd like to do it.

Where are you located?

Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trackaddict
I just picked up a 1st generation mobridge bluetooth and iphone interface and I cannot get the phone numbers from my droid 2 phone to transfer to the factory nav system.
i do not know if your issue is same with mine. i had problems with my blackberry were it was getting 'stuck' in the middle of a pairing process when it tried to pass phonebook into mobridge - to level of BB device hanging with 'java error' and mobridge had to be power-cycled.

remedy was to flush off whole phonebook from BB into computer and clean it up. I had numerous items like odd reference codes written into phone number cells, couple of SSNs , etc.
After I left only phone numbers in the phone numbers cell it started to pair fine with no issues. you can try to flush off whole content from your phone address book away, just save it elsewhere so you could import it all back later and try to pair it with mobridge. if it will pass - that means you got data content problem. if it still will not pair - that means bluetooth level problem and you can try to escalate with mobridge, may be they have updated firmware.
good luck, paul.

ps. i never use cable, if unit is mounted inside of the cabin you should have no sound issues. my unit is mounted in the trunk above DVD module, so it pairs and I get decent sound only if i keep my phone in the storage area under PCM or in glovesbox which suits me fine.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
i do not know if your issue is same with mine. i had problems with my blackberry were it was getting 'stuck' in the middle of a pairing process when it tried to pass phonebook into mobridge - to level of BB device hanging with 'java error' and mobridge had to be power-cycled.

remedy was to flush off whole phonebook from BB into computer and clean it up. I had numerous items like odd reference codes written into phone number cells, couple of SSNs , etc.
After I left only phone numbers in the phone numbers cell it started to pair fine with no issues. you can try to flush off whole content from your phone address book away, just save it elsewhere so you could import it all back later and try to pair it with mobridge. if it will pass - that means you got data content problem. if it still will not pair - that means bluetooth level problem and you can try to escalate with mobridge, may be they have updated firmware.
good luck, paul.

ps. i never use cable, if unit is mounted inside of the cabin you should have no sound issues. my unit is mounted in the trunk above DVD module, so it pairs and I get decent sound only if i keep my phone in the storage area under PCM or in glovesbox which suits me fine.
I don't have any other info in my phonebook other than names and numbers, so I think it's a different problem. The phone pairs up to the mobridge just fine whenever I get into the car, but the phonebook never transfers over to the factory nav unit.

I'm guessing it's a bluetooth issue but I don't know how to remedy that.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by trackaddict
I don't have any other info in my phonebook other than names and numbers, so I think it's a different problem. The phone pairs up to the mobridge just fine whenever I get into the car, but the phonebook never transfers over to the factory nav unit.

I'm guessing it's a bluetooth issue but I don't know how to remedy that.
like i said - backup your phone then erase entire address book and see if it will complete pairing/transfer. then start adding up content. it got to have a reason why it gets stuck.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
Does this happen often?