997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Price check 2009 Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
beaboarder is infamous around these parts
Price check 2009 Carrera

First I would like to introduce myself as a new member but a long time reader of the site. I really appreciate all the great content the members have contributed here and hope that I may be able to do the same in the future.

I have come across a local car for sale at a dealership and would really appreciate your opinions on it. It's a 2009 black Carrera with about 14,500 miles. The only options I see is the Bluetooth interface. No nav, no chrono, no pasm , pretty much base which does not necessarily bother me. The dealership is asking $61,900. I have stopped by and it looks clean, drives nice and is a one owner, whats your thoughts.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
K997 is infamous around these partsK997 is infamous around these parts
Is it CPO? Manual or PDK? How does the Carfax look? I'm guessing you'll ultimately want the NAV and the PASM after experiencing it on a car that has it (ask to test drive one with it).

If it's a one owner car in good shape/condition ... why isn't it CPO? Worth asking ...

Old 06-08-2011, 11:43 AM
UNC Nick is infamous around these parts
Based on some of the cars that I saw out there while looking for my '09 PDK cab, this is high even at a dealer with CPO. Saw some base level cars with little-to-no options being offered in the mid-to-high 50's with CPO. They weren't ADVERTISED at those prices, but they were certainly offered there in attempts to sway me from leaving after not finding what I was ultimately looking for. My advice, buy the car your want not the price you want.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Its a manual. It's being sold by a local Porsche dealership so I was told by the salesman that it would have the remainder of the factory warranty left. It was titled in July of 2009 so it looks like a couple of years of warranty are left. The carfax looks clean, of-course if I were to move forward I would do a ppi. Good idea on driving one with nav & pasm to make the comparison. Thanks

Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
I think you could push the price a bit down if you are really interested, especially if it does not have a CPO...

Back in March i paid for my 2009 3.6 Carrera $65K with 15.8K miles, Sports Chrono, Sport adaptive seats, Bose suround, universal audio, bluetooth and it had a CPO too...

I guess since then prices went a bit higher since its summer almost...

Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
I would ask why no CPO..what issues came up to prevent it.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Actually the car is CPO'ed according to the ad listing, but I'm a little confused please excuse my ignorance. What would be the difference between the vehicle having a portion (a little more than two years) of the factory warranty left and being CPO'ed, is one better than the other? Thanks for all the replies so far they are much appreciated.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
The CPO would give you 6 years from the in service date or 100,000 mi. Whichever comes first. So the CPO would time out in July 2015. It is a very good warranty and makes selling the car to an individual easier should you decide to sell it prior to the expiration. The CPO is transferrable to another private party.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
CPO = sleep better at night.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:46 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This car sounds like a BUY !!!
Congrats in advance !!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Definitely drive a car with Sport Chrono and check out the throttle response before you buy one without it. Also take a long look at the red brakes on an S. THEN decide if you can live without them.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 AM
jimny is infamous around these parts
Based on all the reviews on the board including when people took the plunge and did retrofits of Sport Chrono on their cars, yes you can retrofit it, it seems that the consensus was that Sport Chrono doesn't do much for a manual.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 PM
K997 is infamous around these partsK997 is infamous around these parts
I agree - you can always retrofit the SC on your car. I just did to mine. I agree with a previous poster about the red brakes - very nice indeed, but ultimately, not really necessary. I suspect you'll be quite happy with the bases performance.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jimny
Based on all the reviews on the board including when people took the plunge and did retrofits of Sport Chrono on their cars, yes you can retrofit it, it seems that the consensus was that Sport Chrono doesn't do much for a manual.
i would disagree...

The throttlw response is sooo much immediate that you think you drive a different car...

Also with the PSM on and Sport Plus on the car will allow you a much more aggressive driver input before it intervenes... Also the rev limiter hits harder...

To tell you the truth however, i dont use it on day to day driving... When i have it on it makes me want to drive harder/faster and thats a no no in the city with polizia everywhere! LOL

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I recommended it because I used the button every time I drove the car. Only way to hit those downshifts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price check 2009 Carrera