997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PFS end of lease loyalty special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM
mrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond repute
PFS end of lease loyalty special

Hi All,
(Apologies in advance if this goes in finance/leasing)

Did anyone else get the end of lease loyalty special letter from PFS? The special is for leasing a new Porsche and they will waive up to 12 months of your existing lease. Basically if you are within 1 year of the end of your lease, you can switch up. I'm still trying to make sense of this...

I had been planning on buying(not leasing) a GT3 as an upgrade to my current leased 997.2S, but this has got me a bit confused.

Thoughts?

Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
What are you confused about? If you are currently in a lease, you can get out early if you lease a new one. They were also doing this for leases from another brand, for up to 3 months.
Makes sense to do this sometimes. You figure driving a new car is worth more than driving a 2 year old one due to depreciation. The lease payment averages this out. The first part of your lease, you're paying less than the actual depreciation, towards the end of the lease you're paying more.
The pull ahead program can allow you to get a 2 year lease for the payment of a 3 year one.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
mrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond reputemrdonut has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I was confused about whether it's worth doing. What you are saying makes sense though. Thanks for the response.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:31 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Find the car you want, make a good deal on it, lease it with the PFS deal to get into a new one. If you really want to keep it, buy out the lease from PFS with some of these crazy-low rates. I'm in the middle of considering buying my lease out from PFS with my CU at 2.99%. Not only will I own the car, but I'll be paying less to do so. The only major risk here is the value of my car once the 991 hits (and whether I REALLY want a 991 when that happens). As I LOVE my GTS, I'm planning on keeping for some time...but you never know.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Geez, I always forget about early lease payoff. Looked into it and I'll go that route on Monday and then start looking for a GT3. Thanks for the reminder!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrdonut
Hi All,
(Apologies in advance if this goes in finance/leasing)

Did anyone else get the end of lease loyalty special letter from PFS? The special is for leasing a new Porsche and they will waive up to 12 months of your existing lease. Basically if you are within 1 year of the end of your lease, you can switch up. I'm still trying to make sense of this...

I had been planning on buying(not leasing) a GT3 as an upgrade to my current leased 997.2S, but this has got me a bit confused.

Thoughts?
I got an email about this and even though it does not say this - you can lease or buy your next p-car as long as it is through porsche financial. I spoke with 2 different sales managers at different dealers and they both said that they would honor it for a lease or purchase....so go get your GT3

Old 06-11-2011, 09:25 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I got an email about this and even though it does not say this - you can lease or buy your next p-car as long as it is through porsche financial. I spoke with 2 different sales managers at different dealers and they both said that they would honor it for a lease or purchase....so go get your GT3
Does that mean u are getting your RS soon?

Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I think its worth it if you buy (rather than lease) the next car .
Outside of that I see them gaining a used car at the height of the strong used market and placing you in a new lease at top dollar. It's a new car .. but it doesn't sound like any bargain .

Old 06-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I think its worth it if you buy (rather than lease) the next car .
Outside of that I see them gaining a used car at the height of the strong used market and placing you in a new lease at top dollar. It's a new car .. but it doesn't sound like any bargain .
Thanks for the advice Larry, always appreciate your thoughts.