997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Valet joyrides

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scoper
I had already pulled away before I noticed the mileage difference.
Then why make a "mental note of the mileage"? BTW, was this evening out on the 25th anniversary of Ferris Bueller - last week?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Then why make a "mental note of the mileage"? BTW, was this evening out on the 25th anniversary of Ferris Bueller - last week?
yes, good point. Well after having a nice time at the birthday party, wife and I were bantering about the night while we were waiting (for what seemed like a LONG TIME I might add) for the car to be brought around, and continued to talk about things when I drove off. I then glanced down at the trip ODO and noticed... ah well, lesson learned.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
When I was in high school (many moons ago) I worked (parking attendant) at a prominent restaurant in Los Angeles (Restaurant Row on La Cienega Blvd) nights & weekends. We had a pretty good size lot that had a nice 'straight' section down an alley. When ever high performance cars (ie. Ferrari, Maseratis, Porsches, etc) came in we always gave the owner enough time to go inside and then we'll do a little 'test run' down the straight. Never damaged or abused the car but certainly took some liberties that the owner would not approve of.

To this date I never allow a valet parker to come close to my car. If we need to go anywhere that parking is at a premium we always take the SUV.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
You mean the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" wasn't enough to scare you from ever using a parking service again??

Garage Attendant: "You guys got nothing to worry about, I'm a professional."
Cameron: "A professional what?"

Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I stated this here several times: I NEVER valet any car. No exceptions.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Thanks to all those who were nice enough to relate their experiences as prior valets. It's easy enough for someone like me who has never worked as a valet to try to "guess" what might happen when the owner is away, but having some real stories takes all the guessing out of the equation.

Well, at least I know I got the 997 to drive it - not to park it LOL!

Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by PTParks
You mean the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" wasn't enough to scare you from ever using a parking service again??

Garage Attendant: "You guys got nothing to worry about, I'm a professional."
Cameron: "A professional what?"

LOL the part of that movie I never forget is when Cameron kicks the Ferrari when it's on the jack and it goes through the glass and down into the gulley below... OUCH

Old 06-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
+1 to that.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i never let them drive it, i ask to park it myself in their front spots and i keep the keys..

Old 06-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
wow...

Originally Posted by lowpue
Same...except if I know there will be a valet, I drive my wife's Merc wagon. For that matter I think I trust the valet's more than my wife, which is why I don't let her drive either of my cars.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scoper
Thanks to all those who were nice enough to relate their experiences as prior valets. It's easy enough for someone like me who has never worked as a valet to try to "guess" what might happen when the owner is away, but having some real stories takes all the guessing out of the equation.

Well, at least I know I got the 997 to drive it - not to park it LOL!
Here's an oldie skit from Mad TV about Valets .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XVdw9Lgdb0

Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Even better:

Old 06-14-2011, 05:26 AM
LiquidLobotomy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
And how, never let a valet near this car. This past Sunday evening, drove right past a gaggle of them, parked myself and had a nice, short walk to the restaurant with the missus.

With my prior BMW, once left it with a valet at an off-airport parking lot at 6:00am and didn't get back until 2 in the morning, dog tired. Only the next day did I notice the underside of the front bumper had been crunched.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Easy solution...get GIAC software with the optional "valet" mode.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:44 AM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Here's an oldie skit from Mad TV about Valets .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XVdw9Lgdb0

Excellent!

Thanx for posting...great way to start off the day!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valet joyrides