997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Valet joyrides

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
valet manager accused of theft
http://www.local10.com/news/28235566/detail.html

Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
This thread reaffirms my **** obsession regarding never allowing a valet near my car. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

Now . . . What about parking lots. I tend to get most of my excerise parking as far from the store or establishment to avoid careless door openers. I never take 2 spots (diagonal parking) since some Porsche hater might do some work on my car. On the street I'll search for a parking spot (distance is no barrier) that offers assurance that my bumper fascias won't be touched by some poor parker.

We're a sick lot . . . . . .

I dont know if its only me but i have had this happen a couple times i would park very far from a entrance to a mall/shopping center in some odd twisted way i walk back to a mini van parked right next to me and there are 10000 spots open go figure.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carrera997re
I dont know if its only me but i have had this happen a couple times i would park very far from a entrance to a mall/shopping center in some odd twisted way i walk back to a mini van parked right next to me and there are 10000 spots open go figure.
always happens, i would love to take a survey to why people do that...SMH!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
You've all seen this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yew0qj32Vs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Old 06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
^^^^

That is disgusting.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedphreek
You've all seen this right?
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
^^^^

That is disgusting.
I've said it once and I'll say it again....Valet mode FTW!!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
The only truly 100% way to keep your car safe is to lock it in your garage.

Any time you take your car out you risk something happening to it. Certainly prudent behavior is warranted (no South Bronx parking for me) but I won't necessarily shy away from a valet or park in Timbuktu either.

Bottom line is to know your situation and respond accordingly.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Valet mode, care to explain a little more? My Corvette has a module that I bought that tells me top speed reached. I can reset it so the next person that drives my car will register.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM
lonewolfdj has a spectacular aura aboutlonewolfdj has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by speedphreek
I have a good friend who was a valet manager at that hotel sometime before that incident happened. I believe he mentioned a few occurrences where valet guys would take customer cars on cruises. One day they couldn't find a high end SUV (Range Rover I think) and the guy was spotted with like 4 occupants on the vehicle. He was fired.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Devils Advocate is infamous around these partsDevils Advocate is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Valet mode, care to explain a little more? My Corvette has a module that I bought that tells me top speed reached. I can reset it so the next person that drives my car will register.
Valet mode is a setting you can toggle on/off with certain "chip" or tune mods, like the GIAC pictured above. What it does is limit the vehicle to a maximum of somewhere around 20-30mph, thus preventing any street racing or fast driving.

I'm not sure if they will limit the revs as well(to prevent quick low speed burn outs/launches), I'm sure someone can add on this part

However, keep in mind that it won't prevent the valet from curbing your rims, scraping on entry/exit paths, etc, accidental or not. I think the best choice would be paying the valet to let you park it right in front of them, and you take your keys with you.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carrera997re
I guit doing that years ago for the same reason, regardless of where you park someone parks next to you and more often than not it's some POS that hasn't been washed, waxed, vacuumed out or rust proofed since prohibition.
( For you younger guys, Prohibition was a long long time ago.) I look for an end spot and park as far to the open side as possible.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Yep - find an end spot- where your passenger side is protected. Most parking to the left of you won't have a passenger to open the door into your driver's side.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Yep - find an end spot- where your passenger side is protected. Most parking to the left of you won't have a passenger to open the door into your driver's side.
+10 on end spots

Trying to find a end spot with the wife in the car is a nitemareee lol and when i do drop the princess off at the door by the time that end spot comes shes bak with devil horns on her head! The worst is when u wait sooo long then you park and somone pulls out of a end spot. Grrrr

Old 06-26-2011, 11:25 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lacrosse
The only truly 100% way to keep your car safe is to lock it in your garage.

Any time you take your car out you risk something happening to it. Certainly prudent behavior is warranted (no South Bronx parking for me) but I won't necessarily shy away from a valet or park in Timbuktu either.

Bottom line is to know your situation and respond accordingly.
Very philosophical but no cigar. One always takes chances in life, but valet is not one I take. Period.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:53 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Actually yesterday i valet my car when we went to a wedding reception at a hotel...

Solution was simple. I gave the guy who was giving the tickets a 10 and he told the guy who was parking the cars to park it in the front of the entrance...

All night the car stayed there and i could see it when i was going out to smoke a cigar...

then i gave him another 10 when we left...

I don't mind valet but not in all places...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valet joyrides