997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does driving a Porsche make a man more desirable to women?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:06 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
frickin researchers...don't they have anything better to do than to find more ways to give my wife reasons to complain about my 911!?!? Go find a cure to cancer or something...
lol.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:15 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bbywu
Poor Dave...and once again it proves GT-R>911...lol
HA!! You could spark a battle of religion with those kind of comments!!!

But what does it matter, right? Since being a 911 driver makes me only in it for self-enjoyment and casual sex (according to the study), apparently the 911 will get me what I want...although maybe a GT-R will get me more???

Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Maybe all of those people that donated to fund this study would have been better off spending that $$$ on a Civic AND a Porsche (just in case they ever felt the chance at getting lucky).

Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 PM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
For us older guys at some point we become invisible to most women regardless of the car........got love these studies conducted by "Experts".

Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
man with the Porsche was not preferred as a marriage partner.
if i had know this I would of bought one when I was 16 and just enjoyed friends
with benefits for ever

Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
driving a Porsche = successful = sexy

but if u are, behave or look an eejit, a Porsche won`t be no help.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ConcreteRon
For us older guys at some point we become invisible to most women regardless of the car........got love these studies conducted by "Experts".
Ain't that the truth!

Funny thing is just yesterday my Daughter's friend ask me if that was a "camero" in the garage (ouch!)...reminded me of a the time I had been slobbering over my friends Ferrari and when we went to his house my wife asked if she could see the "Fiero" in his garage. (double ouch).

THis all just convinced me of one fact. Don't buy a car to impress women...most have no clue what the heck you are driving (other than the women on this forum )

Buy a car because that is what you love driving and because you want to hang out with people with the same passion.

btw, I had to say this because otherwise my wife would make me sell my car

Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Oh, no you dih-int.
HA!! You could spark a battle of religion with those kind of comments!!!

But what does it matter, right? Since being a 911 driver makes me only in it for self-enjoyment and casual sex (according to the study), apparently the 911 will get me what I want...although maybe a GT-R will get me more???
Caus I is a trouble maka!

bob

Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
...although maybe a GT-R will get me more???
... If you're gay.

Yeah, the occasional woman comes up to me and still asks what it is, but far more guys stare at the car everywhere, than girls.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:38 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
I wasted 15 minutes of my life reading the original research article.

The Porsche in question was actually a Boxter, which is nice vehicle, but I wouldn't exactly call it the car-equivalent of "pea**** feathers."

Secondly, their subjects were COLLEGE STUDENTS(!). College students are okay, but as a study group, their ability to assess a potential mate for a long-term relationship doesn't exactly generalize to the rest of the population.

The study design isn't that impressive, and it's difficult to draw strong conclusions from it. As usual, the news media butchers the reporting of a scientific paper, and makes the results sound more sensational than they really were.

The best conclusion you could derive from the paper was, based on my interpretation was:
A man who drives a Boxter is more likely than a man who drives a Civic to be perceived as interested in non-commital sex by college-age women. A man with a Boxter is also seen by these young women as more desirable for a short-term relationship, but car ownership did not seem to make a difference when it came to desirability as a marriage partner.

This is completely different from the news media "spin."

Old 06-22-2011, 05:14 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
The Porsche in question was actually a Boxter, which is nice vehicle, but I wouldn't exactly call it the car-equivalent of "pea**** feathers."
I like how this board sensors the word "p.e.a.c.o.c.k"

Old 06-22-2011, 06:26 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Frickin researchers...don't they have ANYTHING BETTER to do than to find more ways to give my wife reasons to complain about my 911!?!? Go find a cure to cancer or something...
Can't do that because of billions $ would. go into toilet without cancer . Researchers are in no big hurry to rid humanity of one ugly disease.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Just for the record: I'm pretty sure just about any other car makes a guy sexier than a Civic (minivans not included).

Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Just for the record: I'm pretty sure just about any other car makes a guy sexier than a Civic (minivans not included).
I disagree...

Nissan Cube
Toyota Prius
Honda Insight
and a Volkswagen Beetle.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 PM
And this is a really good point. I think this is one of the methodological flaws of the study because it doesn't consider that the Civic, itself, makes the man LESS desirable, and the Porsche does nothing. The study also does not control for the possibility that college-aged women were attracted to signs of wealth, rather than the car itself.

But something tells me nobody here is interested in discussing the merits of that problematic study.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does driving a Porsche make a man more desirable to women?