997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does driving a Porsche make a man more desirable to women?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:04 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'd venture to say that most 'studies' related to personal opinion and emotions are problematic. There are so many places to shoot holes in this report that it's difficult to decide where to start.

This 'study' is beginning to feel more like a report to get attention to some of these lesser-known universities than anything else.

Or it could just be a bunch of Civic-driving professors that are peeved that their Porsche-driving students (they were Boxsters, after all) are getting more tail that they are...

Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I disagree...

Nissan Cube
Toyota Prius
Honda Insight
and a Volkswagen Beetle.
I don't know. At least those cars have some sort of personality. A Civic just feels like brown grass: it covers ground, but that's about it.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I don't know. At least those cars have some sort of personality. A Civic just feels like brown grass: it covers ground, but that's about it.
Fair enough...

Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I love my Civic . In fact it is the best dollar value I have ever gotten in a car . It's inexpensive to buy , runs forever on a tank of gas , has Nav technoloy superior to my 2007 Turbo (Civic is also an 07) , retained 60 perecent of its valie in 4.5 years , and has been trouble free for over 40K miles . I can take it to the movies , the mall, the supermarket , and transport my pets to the veterinarian . It has trunk space , and with the Si it even offers some zip for city driving. The seat positining , legroom , controls are perfectly within reach . In fact there's more interior space in the Civic than my M3 .

Honda really perfected this car to exactly what it is .. understated and reliable , and practical .. at a decent price . It even passes safety tests and compared to other cars in its price range I can't think of one (comparing new cars only) that comes close in so many categories .

Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
this article is more crap perpetuated by people that don't understand what the pleasure and fun driving can be. What idiots.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:22 AM
fastman3d is infamous around these parts
Well...we would like to think that women don't fall for those kinds of things. But we need to remember that we have a financial crisis that is not going away anytime soon. I think that we should really understand women when they want a man cause of the money. The times are hard....And we have all met fools...If I was a woman, I would rather want a man who drived a Porshe than some "deep guy" who is poor and uses lines like these http://pickuplinesblog.com/

Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Perhaps a better question would have been - "what kind of woman falls for somebody because of the kind of car they drive?"

This would have spawned a more interesting discussion.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
The study concluded that women did not see Porsche guys as long term commitment types.... they must have really found girls who dated true Porsche guys and realized they could never compete with our "true first loves".... our Porsches ;^p. The girls got tired of watching us rub down our Porsches more then we wanted to rub them down ! So they got jealous and left for the civic guy because what car guy wants to rub a honda civic down ;^)

Old 06-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Lancia has a spectacular aura aboutLancia has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by qikqbn
The study concluded that women did not see Porsche guys as long term commitment types.... they must have really found girls who dated true Porsche guys and realized they could never compete with our "true first loves".... our Porsches ;^p. The girls got tired of watching us rub down our Porsches more then we wanted to rub them down ! So they got jealous and left for the civic guy because what car guy wants to rub a honda civic down ;^)

Yes you stay home and clean the house, Im going to a track day., and buy the way Ill be doing that next weekend as well, and the weekend after that, oh yea and the weekend after that.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Overall I think Ferrari and Lambo owners have more fun from the stories I've heard... just sayin'.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:52 PM
mamatoy12 is infamous around these parts
Perhaps a better question would have been - "what kind of woman falls for somebody because of the kind of car they drive?"

This would have spawned a more interesting discussion.
Or better yet, "Does driving a Porsche make a woman more desirable to men? THAT would be an interesting discussion!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 AM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
Oddly enough, I received more compliments from women about my 996 c2 cab than my 997 tt - even though my wife said the 996 was "miata-ish".

Men like the turbo much better.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:17 AM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
There was an interesting study which showed that women have more orgasms with wealthy partners.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...udy-finds.html

Old 06-25-2011, 04:15 AM

Or better yet, "Does driving a Porsche make a woman more desirable to men? THAT would be an interesting discussion!
That would totally depend on whether she let you drive it

Old 06-25-2011, 05:07 AM
I love my Civic . In fact it is the best dollar value I have ever gotten in a car . It's inexpensive to buy , runs forever on a tank of gas , has Nav technoloy superior to my 2007 Turbo (Civic is also an 07) , retained 60 perecent of its valie in 4.5 years , and has been trouble free for over 40K miles . I can take it to the movies , the mall, the supermarket , and transport my pets to the veterinarian . It has trunk space , and with the Si it even offers some zip for city driving. The seat positining , legroom , controls are perfectly within reach . In fact there's more interior space in the Civic than my M3 .

Honda really perfected this car to exactly what it is .. understated and reliable , and practical .. at a decent price . It even passes safety tests and compared to other cars in its price range I can't think of one (comparing new cars only) that comes close in so many categories .
Nobody is discounting the merits of the Civic, but I'd bet you would be hard-pressed to find any man that would choose to drive a Civic over a 911.

And while I'm at it: doesn't driving a Porsche imply some level of career/financial success whereas MOST middle-aged Men driving Civics imply less than that? I'm not saying ALL such drivers, but most. To me, that would demonstrate a certain level of maturity and commitment level in order for the individual to get to that station in life.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does driving a Porsche make a man more desirable to women?