997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

This used to be a GT3 - Ryan Dunn RIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
From the Philly Inquirer:
"In the 13 years before his death Monday in a fiery Chester County crash, Dunn was cited at least 23 times, including 10 stops for speeding and careless driving and three more for driving with a suspended license. Among those violations - 90 percent of which ended in guilty pleas - was a 2005 DUI arrest. Charges were dropped when Dunn completed a probationary program, with suspension of his license for more than a year, according to court records."

23 times!?!? It's very disturbing to me that guys like this don't lose their licenses PERMANENTLY If you repeatedly catch a guy driving with a suspended license, maybe you need to take more action that just issuing another citation, no?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOkN4yp3x-I
seems like it was only a mattter of time that the eejit had to die in a car crash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbhh_fcfl_k

Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 PM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
excessive speeds
BAC .196

well there you go.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/22/cops-r...-police-chief/
Yeah, 132-140 miles one mile after leaving the bar.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
987Box is infamous around these parts
Here is some footage of what was once Ryan Dunn's GT3

Just click on the link
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e51_1309017547&p=1

Old 06-25-2011, 05:03 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 987Box

Just click on the link

i think one of the comments there is really spot on:

"People think they can drive like race car drivers, but real racers wear helmets, neck protection,
6 point harness, they sit in a roll cage, they have a special impact resistant fuel cell, etc. etc.
Plus they don't have to worry about trees, buildings, etc.
Don't **** around in a road car, no matter how "sporty" it is."

Old 06-25-2011, 05:03 PM
jzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura aboutjzarrabi has a spectacular aura about
I had heard about this earlier this week and didnt see anyone posted it up online. I find it extremely sad that he lost his life and ended up killing the passenger along with himself. It really got to me when I saw the interview of Bam visiting the crash sight... to lose a close friend or family member is one of the most painful feelings. RIP Ryan Dunn.

That being said I think we all can agree that while drinking and driving ANY car is a poor choice, why would someone who has had as many violations and citations be driving a GT3 of all cars. Like honestly, who insured him?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 987Box

Just click on the link
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e51_1309017547&p=1
By the looks of the car, I hope they both died on impact. I'd hate to think that I was stuck in a burning car knowing I couldn't get out of it..

That boy was destined to go exactly like he went.. too bad he had to take a friend with him..

Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
I had heard about this earlier this week and didnt see anyone posted it up online. I find it extremely sad that he lost his life and ended up killing the passenger along with himself. It really got to me when I saw the interview of Bam visiting the crash sight... to lose a close friend or family member is one of the most painful feelings. RIP Ryan Dunn.

That being said I think we all can agree that while drinking and driving ANY car is a poor choice, why would someone who has had as many violations and citations be driving a GT3 of all cars. Like honestly, who insured him?
Even if his insurance wAs 15k a year i dont think it would hurt his pocket so i guess with money comes the power and insurance paying top dollar to have his liscense is peanuts.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Even if his insurance wAs 15k a year i dont think it would hurt his pocket so i guess with money comes the power and insurance paying top dollar to have his liscense is peanuts.
Yep, it's America. Money can buy you anything. Except common sense. My only sympathy is for his passenger.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Anybody going to buy the shirt?

Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I think I'd buy it if I was a fan, but I really haven't been exposed to it as I'm too old. Following it, though, since it happened and I really don't get the crutches. They seem out of place, but the rest is pretty cool.
Instead of crutches, maybe there should be beer bottles...

Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM
tball is infamous around these parts
^^pretty sure the crutches are an homage to the Jackass symbol, which is a skull superimposed on a set of crutches, IIRC. I will probably not buy it....seems icky to somehow commercialize an accident, especially by celebrating a guy who (inadvertently) killed someone else. BUT, to each his own.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tball
^^pretty sure the crutches are an homage to the Jackass symbol, which is a skull superimposed on a set of crutches, IIRC. I will probably not buy it....seems icky to somehow commercialize an accident, especially by celebrating a guy who (inadvertently) killed someone else. BUT, to each his own.
ahhh. Yeah - I'm not into the whole jackass thing, so I did not know that. Makes sense though, to have a reference to the show on the shirt.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Max77
Yep, it's America. Money can buy you anything. Except common sense. My only sympathy is for his passenger.
And his parents, friends, etc... Definitely not for the idiot stupid enough to drink and kill a friend.
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
And condone that Porsches kill celebrities? No.

Speed doesn't kill, bad drivers and stupidity does.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
prefer the original:

Attached Images