997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Driving School

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 PM
tqevo is infamous around these parts
Porsche Driving School

Hi all,

I'm thinking about attending a driving school event and I was wondering if any of you have experiences with them.

Basically, I'm wondering which course to start with? Can I go straight to the 2 day Performance course without doing the 1 day Precision course first?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Several threads on this topic. One just updated today:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ool-video.html

You do not need to take the one day precision course. I plan on taking the masters in the next year.

Where in PHX are you located?

Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM
tqevo is infamous around these parts
Yeah I was thinking the 2 day course would yield more "value" than the 1 day, especially considering their differences in price.

I am located near Central & Indian School. From your location description, I can only guess you are also here in the valley?

Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tqevo
Hi all,

I'm thinking about attending a driving school event and I was wondering if any of you have experiences with them.

Basically, I'm wondering which course to start with? Can I go straight to the 2 day Performance course without doing the 1 day Precision course first?
The Performance class is really their introductory class - "Precision" is more like a "taste" of their program. I took the Performance class and then went right into Masters - four days in a row of driving. I'd recommend that to anyone who's interested as it was a wonderful experience. I will say, I was darned tired by the end of Day 4!

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Plp39503 has a spectacular aura aboutPlp39503 has a spectacular aura about
With the performance course you get 3X more drive time at 2X the price, good deal. Check out thread started by lowpue on the school. DMoore's 4-day-in-a-row sounds great!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tqevo
Yeah I was thinking the 2 day course would yield more "value" than the 1 day, especially considering their differences in price.

I am located near Central & Indian School. From your location description, I can only guess you are also here in the valley?
Unfortunately, yes. I can't believe it's only getting hotter this week

Originally Posted by Plp39503
With the performance course you get 3X more drive time at 2X the price, good deal. Check out thread started by lowpue on the school. DMoore's 4-day-in-a-row sounds great!
If they offer it and you can swing it, I would def recommend doing the Performance course immediately followed by the Masters. They were offering the Masters after my course, but I couldn't take time away from work and family. Not only is everything still fresh in you mind, but more importantly, you save on airfare back to Birmingham

Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Skip precision and go direct to performance. THe course is great for the two days however I could have skipped the 4 wheeling....the 4 days straight sounds great if you can swing other obligations (like family). However, for me the pace of going back every 6-12 months sounds good too with some DE's between. This way I can savor the memory and eagerly wait until the next time....plus, easier to justify the kitchen pass for two days

Old 09-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Sn00py is infamous around these parts
Sorry to revive an old thread, just looking to see if any previous course attendees can share their 10% discounted next course / gift certificate purchasing ability with me?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sn00py
Sorry to revive an old thread, just looking to see if any previous course attendees can share their 10% discounted next course / gift certificate purchasing ability with me?
I'm pretty sure it's not transferable. I didn't get any kind of gift certificate after my first course - they just gave me the discount when I signed up for Master's. There's also a fairly short time limit on using the repeat discount - or at least, there was when I went through PSDS a couple of years ago.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S