997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Opinions on a GTS I found.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
Thanks everyone for all the input. I'm very grateful.

Anyone have an idea what a car that msrp's @ $115,000 will end up being sold for?

I have no idea how to even begin working numbers on a car this expensive. The most I ever spent on a "new" car was around 40k.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:57 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Vintage TONE
Thanks everyone for all the input. I'm very grateful.

Anyone have an idea what a car that msrp's @ $115,000 will end up being sold for?

I have no idea how to even begin working numbers on a car this expensive. The most I ever spent on a "new" car was around 40k.
If given the right circumstance, you might be able to get $10-12K off...I think a starting point is $7K discount.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Presuming you already have a 997, I would tend to hold on to it and wait for the new 991's. If not, go with KonaKai's plan and buy used and wait for the new model. For what it's worth, with barely a cursory view, I'm a bit turned off by what I've seen of the forthcoming model due to it's (yet again) growth in size and likely girth. Knowing Porsche, they will deliver an excellent machine but size does matter.
I have a 930 turbo in the garage as well as a 997S and I'm reminded of the differences when my wife and I take the old car out driving nearly shoulder to shoulder. It looks like a toy car compared to my 997 and seems like the proper scale for a true sports car.
But if after you see the 991's and still want a GTS, they are always out there, likely for a very attractive price.
V.

Originally Posted by KonaKai
I think the GTS is awesome and has a lot of standard features (noted above) that I would spec on any new 911 BUT I don't see the logic in building one now when the 991's are only 6-12 months away. If you absolutely have to have a 911 soon, I'd buy a pre-owned in the $50-70k range and decide next year whether to keep it or trade-in.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:16 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
The GTS is supposed to be a value edition 997.2 before the end of this generation so if you do want most of the "extras", you'll be saving some money (about 10k???) over a vanilla C2S plus a unique wide body RWD. (I feel the new C4 GTS is just plain silly) I almost got myself a GTS if not for my wife "encouraged" me to go for my dream, a TT (now a TT-S).

A few of the magazine articles I read wrote that they wonder why anyone will be buying a C2S over a GTS. (Total 911 for one)

Hi Folks..........Once again, I turn to the board for it's great advice.

I have recently found a brand new 2011 GTS. I was wondering if it is worth the extra cash over a c2s?

Also, what is the difference? Is it just the extra HP? I think the GTS is as wide as the Turbo, or possibly even the turbos body without obvious vents.

The car is beautiful-amazing.

Its a Cabriolet, manual.

I did a search on here, found out a bit, but nothing pointed to these exact questions. Thanks again.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Hi Folks..........Once again, I turn to the board for it's great advice.

I have recently found a brand new 2011 GTS. I was wondering if it is worth the extra cash over a c2s?

Also, what is the difference? Is it just the extra HP? I think the GTS is as wide as the Turbo, or possibly even the turbos body without obvious vents.

The car is beautiful-amazing.

Its a Cabriolet, manual.

I did a search on here, found out a bit, but nothing pointed to these exact questions. Thanks again.
You must be talking about the trade-in at the Exchange. If this is a year round car for you, the winter wheel options in center lock are nearly non-existent. If it had lugs, it would be in my garage right now