997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leather retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
I have the ExclusiveOption's leather pieces, and the quality of the stitching, as well as, the leather is practically equaled to OEM. You cannot tell the difference, IMO.

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. So far, it looks like the options are:
ExclusiveOption.com
Suncoastparts.com
928leather.com (send in the panels for wrapping)

Anybody know if there's a difference in quality of the leather or matching to factory black color?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:55 PM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up I have parts from Frank at Exclusive Parts......

and I am really **** about things and I can really say that Frank must have worked at the Porsche Leather Dept!! I am not here to steal away other vendors, I really LOVE Suncoast Parts and their pricing, but Frank has is products below their price and lead time of 10-12 days from the time you order to the time you get it and that only happens when you order crazy colors like I have, Carrera Red. If you have the common colors, cut 5 days away from that. His customer service and his emails are perfect and again his work is 100% OEM, if not better!!! Check him out.....exclusiveoption.com.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:24 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I have a few pieces from exclusiveoption.com and they are very nice, and as others have said he is a nice guy. One thing I have noticed is that his prices can vary on the same part from his email quotes, to his website, to his ebay auctions.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:37 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
I went to the website and Frank's stuff looks really good. I agree that he tends to have stock on mostly common colors. I have been trying hard to find something in stone grey.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:21 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
I believe his Ebay ones are either overstocked items or pieces that customers canceled. Regardless, the prices are negotiable within reasons, and he's a gentleman to do business with. I would not hesitate to order more leather options from him.

Originally Posted by IslandS62
I have a few pieces from exclusiveoption.com and they are very nice, and as others have said he is a nice guy. One thing I have noticed is that his prices can vary on the same part from his email quotes, to his website, to his ebay auctions.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 808c2s
I believe his Ebay ones are either overstocked items or pieces that customers canceled. Regardless, the prices are negotiable within reasons, and he's a gentleman to do business with. I would not hesitate to order more leather options from him.
How do I find his ebay listings?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
How do I find his ebay listings?
Go on EBAY and type in "Porsche 997 leather". Look for Exclusive Option as the seller. He has not listed anything for the past 3 days, last I checked.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Anyone know how difficult it would be to add leather options on a standard leather vehicle? (i.e. convert from standard leather to full leather)
We have a ton of leather upgrades on our website. All genuine Porsche! (not from ebay)

Here is a link to the main site:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/997S_Leather.html

For starters the Console lid with Logo looks great:

Another great upgrade I like is the door trim:

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are happy to help!

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Autobahnspeed is infamous around these parts
Hey guys Exclusive Options is the real deal. Forget buying from the dealer, or used stuff on ebay. I initially bought a few leather pieces for my car and was blown away by the quality and craftsmanship so went all out and bought everything I could. The price is reasonable and well worth it. my car looks, smells, and feels like it came from the factory with everything leather. I introduced the site to my friend and he got alot of his interior leather parts from them. Everything from console parts, mirror door trims, chrono pod, ignition dash trim, and other miscellaneous pieces which complete the interior giving it a high quality feel. Before I found them I was lurking on ebay trying to score used Porsche leather parts to replace plastic pieces in my car but now I can get new factory quality leather parts from Exclusive Options. I haven't been able to find anyone else who can match the factory quality and even exceed it and have so much variety in trim pieces. If you want to replace your interior plastic pieces with high quality Porsche leather then honestly your not going to find anywhere better than this.

Last edited by Autobahnspeed; 08-03-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:59 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Autobahnspeed
Hey guys Exclusive Options is the real deal. Forget buying from the dealer, or used stuff on ebay. I initially bought a few leather pieces for my Boxster S and was blown away by the quality and craftsmanship so went all out and bought everything I could. The price is reasonable and well worth it. my car looks, smells, and feels like it came from the factory with everything leather. I introduced the site to my friend and he got alot of his 997 interior leather parts from them. Everything from console parts, mirror door trims, chrono pod, ignition dash trim, and other miscellaneous pieces which complete the interior giving it a high quality feel. Before I found them I was lurking on ebay trying to score used Porsche leather parts to replace plastic pieces in my car but now I can get new factory quality leather parts from Exclusive Options. I haven't been able to find anyone else who can match the factory quality and even exceed it and have so much variety in trim pieces. If you want to replace your interior plastic pieces with high quality Porsche leather then honestly your not going to find anywhere better than this.
Thanks! Could you post some pics of the items in your car. It would be great to see the color match and fit on an actual customer's car!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Autobahnspeed is infamous around these parts
Im gonna take some pics and post them here soon. My buddy has some on his car too and I will try to get his pics too. Its hard to see leather in pics aside from stitching. But feeling in and seeing the quality in person is what really sets it off.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 PM
jurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond reputejurnes has a reputation beyond repute
leather upgrades

what about seat covers? I feel like I'm sitting in a Volkswagon (not that there is anything wrong w/ VW). I miss the nice leather in my RS60 Spyder!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:53 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
just ordered a few pieces from frank at exclusive options - including the big one - all 3 pieces of the PCM. didn't order this from factory and always kicked myself. prices was actaully a bit lower than factory.

everything i've heard and my dealings with him have been great. he emailed me the other day and said they are coming out beautifully.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
PICS! I am dying to see some of these parts....pleeeeeasse!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Does anyone have a picture of the leather console lid that also shows the standard console? I like how everything is flush with the standard console lid and I'm wondering how it looks with a nice leather lid with the standard center console.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather retrofit