997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leather retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Max77
Does anyone have a picture of the leather console lid that also shows the standard console? I like how everything is flush with the standard console lid and I'm wondering how it looks with a nice leather lid with the standard center console.
Mine just arrived from Suncoast. The supposedly black leather version I ordered is actually a shade lighter than the other black leather surfaces in my car, it doesn't match perfectly. Here's a photo of the leather console lid sitting on top of the stock lid.

Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2011, 01:58 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Great thread !!! Both of my cars have full leather but i have done the aftermarket leather in the past with other cars and it came out beautiful .

Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
We have a ton of leather upgrades on our website. All genuine Porsche! (not from ebay)

Here is a link to the main site:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/997S_Leather.html

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are happy to help!
Do you have this .. It's the Turbo console inscribed . It's quite rare and even hard find in photos .
Edit .. I just found it on your site . I plan on taking my Turbo in for service within the next two weeks . Since i order all my things through their shop .. they will call you .

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-24-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 808c2s
I have the ExclusiveOption's leather pieces, and the quality of the stitching, as well as, the leather is practically equaled to OEM. You cannot tell the difference, IMO.
Just cheched both Exclusive and Suncoast and the door trim and the PCM trim are cheaper at Suncoast.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
You're right, but Exclusive Options prices are negotiable, as well as his shipping costs are much lower (for me, anyway). Check some of his Ebay listings.

Regardless, you can't go wrong with either Suncoast or Exclusive Options.

Originally Posted by Dadio
Just cheched both Exclusive and Suncoast and the door trim and the PCM trim are cheaper at Suncoast.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Mine just arrived from Suncoast. The supposedly black leather version I ordered is actually a shade lighter than the other black leather surfaces in my car, it doesn't match perfectly. Here's a photo of the leather console lid sitting on top of the stock lid.
Thanks for the pic. Maybe it's just a little dried out, have you tried a leather cleaner or treatment on it?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
I like the leather stuff from Suncoast. You know its orginal stuff and won't go wrong.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
I recall having seen something like this for "Carrera S" as well. Not sure if anyone has a picture of it? If so, please post..!

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Do you have this .. It's the Turbo console inscribed . It's quite rare and even hard find in photos .
Edit .. I just found it on your site . I plan on taking my Turbo in for service within the next two weeks . Since i order all my things through their shop .. they will call you .

Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Suncoast also has the model designations too, I imagine the S one looks like this with an S after it

Old 07-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Try a leather conditioner, it will darken the color.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Autobahnspeed is infamous around these parts
Hey guys, I finally got some pics! sorry for the bad cam phone quality... I remember the major hassle I went through, trying to explain what I wanted at the parts department, and they would always want a VIN of a Porsche that had the part from the factory... I did manage to track down some, but then I was presented with crazy prices and 2 to 3 month wait! When I discovered exclusive option, I was simply able to order the leather parts I craved online very easily. I've also discovered other neat little parts in leather that I did not know existed! The leather the stitching on my parts are exactly like the factory options IMHO, when I take my car in for service, and local meets everyone always gawks at how many leather options my car has! I recommend checking them out, they are very helpful and the parts look AMAZING! Anyone else have pics of parts from them?

Attached Images      
Old 08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Autobahnspeed is infamous around these parts
one more pic...

Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
They do look nice!
But......
It's odd, but every time I go to their website and look at the parts they cover in leather, I am like.."Why?"

The key surround???
A fusebox cover??

I was hoping to get some of the more noticeable spots to be covered. Center console, interior door panels......

I was also looking for the sides of the PCM to be wrapped. The stock ones are $900 at the dealership. The guy at the 928 leathershop covers them for $200. That's more like something I would notice.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JohnM
They do look nice!
But......
It's odd, but every time I go to their website and look at the parts they cover in leather, I am like.."Why?"

The key surround???
A fusebox cover??

I was hoping to get some of the more noticeable spots to be covered. Center console, interior door panels......

I was also looking for the sides of the PCM to be wrapped. The stock ones are $900 at the dealership. The guy at the 928 leathershop covers them for $200. That's more like something I would notice.
the fusebox cover is also available from the factory - not something I got since as you said, you can't even see it. They do offer most of the "standard" pieces that most people would want.

I just received the first pieces of my order from exclusiveoptions. I ordered the door handles (I already had the leather door finishers from the factory) and I am glad to say they are absolutely beautiful.

the leather and stitching is absolutely IDENTICAL to the rest of the factory leather options.

I had a lot of leather that I ordered when I spec'd the car. Left some out as I thought I needed to stop somewhere After some time I realized I regretted not getting more of it.

I ordered leather sun visors and leather dome lamp cover from suncoast and it looks great and they were very good to deal with.

had always kicked myself for not getting the PCM in leather but again, figured I had to stop myself. I think it was around $2,200 from the factory.

I contacted suncoast and went thru the whole VIN thing. they said they coudl get it, but couldn't tell me when i'd get it, or how much it would cost. I was told it could be approach $6K!!! Ordered it from exclusiveoption and should arrive in the next few days. cost was around $1,600 and everything they do has a core exchange so you get some money back.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
I should email them and see if they can do some custom wraps??

Their PCM looked great, but when I think multiple thousands of dollars, I think- "order 991 like I should have done my 997". Then I kick myself in the butt for not thinking ahead on the options!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather retrofit