997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leather retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
I just ordered the sunroof liner piece and the shift extension from exclusive. Got a nice price on them, I'll do a full report once they arrive which I assume will be within a day or two. I want the door trim piece (as pictured in autobahn's first pic) but it looks like the door panel has to be removed. I won't be going with the leather fusebox as the cover in my Cayman became a mess in the Chicago winters. The only other pieces I can see in my immediate future will be the leather sun visors from Suncoast as the stickers are loud and distracting.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I had some time and installed the sunroof piece today that I received from exclusive. As others have mentioned, the craftsmanship is excellent and it's a great match for the original Porsche leather and stitching at a great price vs OEM. The downside is it was a core exchange from a different model year, so the piece is slightly different and came w/2 broken clips that were glued back in place. They didn't affect anything as the piece still installed fine, but kind of a bummer to receive a glued piece of plastic when spending that much money on a part. I'm awaiting the leather shift extension to arrive from him and look forward to a few other pieces.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Just wanted to follow up, I emailed Frank over at exclusive about the glued clips and different model year. He understood my want for perfection and agreed to let me send in my original piece to have it covered with leather and to return the first piece he sent me. It wasn't a deal breaker for me and I had already planned to order more from him, but it was nice to see him go the extra mile for me. Now if only he had a cheaper alternative to the $1000 OEM leather sun visors.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Max77
Now if only he had a cheaper alternative to the $1000 OEM leather sun visors.
Max,
Did you call the shop that I posted? They cover your original parts for you?

http://www.928leather.com/

I have not used them, but the prices that the owner gave me were very reasonable.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Autobahnspeed
Hey guys Exclusive Options is the real deal. Forget buying from the dealer, or used stuff on ebay. I initially bought a few leather pieces for my car and was blown away by the quality and craftsmanship so went all out and bought everything I could. The price is reasonable and well worth it. my car looks, smells, and feels like it came from the factory with everything leather. I introduced the site to my friend and he got alot of his interior leather parts from them. Everything from console parts, mirror door trims, chrono pod, ignition dash trim, and other miscellaneous pieces which complete the interior giving it a high quality feel. Before I found them I was lurking on ebay trying to score used Porsche leather parts to replace plastic pieces in my car but now I can get new factory quality leather parts from Exclusive Options. I haven't been able to find anyone else who can match the factory quality and even exceed it and have so much variety in trim pieces. If you want to replace your interior plastic pieces with high quality Porsche leather then honestly your not going to find anywhere better than this.
Can you send a PM of the total price? Sounds interesting.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:52 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
are there options for leather with stitching in a DIFFERENT color, i.e. black leather w/RED stitching?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Yes, there are options at Exclusive Option. Certain pieces have that options. You just have to email Frank regarding your preferences on pieces that you want to have deviated stitching.

Originally Posted by wolfnards
are there options for leather with stitching in a DIFFERENT color, i.e. black leather w/RED stitching?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:27 PM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
Here are some pics of some of the pieces I bought from Frank at Exculsive Option, guys I tell you this, he does amazing work!!! I have two more pieces coming, the speaker and the luggage stop reaped in Carrera Red. I also ordered a Carrera Red Techequipment Special Order Steering Wheel, wait until I post those pics!!! Thanks Frank!!!

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Pics

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Pics

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Pics

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Pics

Pics

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Pics

Pics!!

Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 PM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
Awesome thread. And very timely... I've been debating doing this but haven't found the time. Exclusive option is a new one for me. Need to check it out. Have bought from Suncoast before without issues.

I am one of the poor souls with the standard dash but the leather trimmed carbon fiber inserts. When I bought my car CPO in 2009 both carbon fiber pieces where warping in a car that was just over 2 years old. They were replaced under warranty and cost 1100 on each side.

Fast forward 2 more years and the driver side trim just under the windshield is starting to warp again. Even though I have the 6 year CPO warranty which I was assured was exactly the same as the factory warranty at the time of purchase may not be covered. Haven't had a chance to take this to the dealer but if this is happening again I could spend 2200 to replace both pieces or spend more and just go full leather dash and never deal with it again. I have the carbon fiber elsewhere and haven't had issues.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Great information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather retrofit