997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leather retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:19 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Marked for future reference

Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I just removed my console this weekend in preparation for sending it to be covered in leather. Will post photos when completed.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 AM
jmcginty is infamous around these parts
Leather? Carbon Fiber!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I just removed my console this weekend in preparation for sending it to be covered in leather. Will post photos when completed.
any update here, Ken?

Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Domer911
any update here, Ken?
Yes, see this thread. I like it.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-console.html

Old 12-16-2011, 12:50 AM
burbel is infamous around these parts
I just finished getting all of my factory parts from Suncoast installed in my 911. Took around 3 months (for my daily driver) between removing the parts and getting every part installed back in the car, and driving around with the driving harness being exposed, scraping my knee on the sides of the shifter and the radio, well, it got old, quickly.

Was thinking - I have all the factory pieces, and bought double-reinforced boxes large enough to ship them, if anyone would like to buy some of the factory uncovered pieces to get wrapped so they could do this *without* removing their own interior and waiting. Then they could sell their original pieces to recoup their costs, rinse and repeat, and everyone that wants this mod done can get it completed with much less hassle.

I have the center console, console lid, pdk surround, sun visors, and dome light surround. Also have a PDK button steering wheel, if that helps anyone, all removed from a black 09 C4S with 21k miles. If anyone is interested just let me know, I'm sure we can work something out.

And feedback on the changes - the center console is nice, happy with that change, but funny I am most happy with the visors and the dome surround. Just find in normal driving I see those more. Aside from the (completely understandable) delay in receiving the parts from Sun Coast, that part of the process went well, as well.

Will try and snap photos when the sun comes back out. And think I will, to be complete, order the panels that go behind the door pull. Although that one isn't a DIY install.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Burbel: I'm not clear if Suncoast sold you replacement parts with factory leather on them (with yours in exchange), or if they had yours recovered in leather, and if so where the work was done.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Suncoast sells full replacement parts with the factory leather already applied - there's no type of core exchange or usage for your old parts when you go with Suncoast.

I was originally going to go with one of the vendors that I saw recommended on here, then considered switching to classic9, but after I saw some finished photos I realized I would be too picky and just purchased the factory replacement parts.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Burbel: I'm not clear if Suncoast sold you replacement parts with factory leather on them (with yours in exchange), or if they had yours recovered in leather, and if so where the work was done.
Ken,

We do not take cores of interioirs items, we also do not take a customers part and have it wrapped. His were purchased new and wrapped in leather directly from Porsche of Germany.

I think he is trying to say that if someone would like to purchase his parts that were replaced with the leather items he would be open to offers...

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Exactly, I realize that not everyone would be open to spending the $$$ for the factory parts, and, for those folks, rather than gut their interior and wait 90 days to replace it, they could use my parts to get covered and not have to deal with the process.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by burbel
Exactly, I realize that not everyone would be open to spending the $$$ for the factory parts, and, for those folks, rather than gut their interior and wait 90 days to replace it, they could use my parts to get covered and not have to deal with the process.
I understand now. It sounded initially like you had the console out for a long period of time while waiting for the new one, so I assumed it had been sent as a core exchange or had been upgraded.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, after the work to get it all out safely, I didn't want to put the pieces back in just to have to remove them a 2nd time when the other parts came in.

I understand now. It sounded initially like you had the console out for a long period of time while waiting for the new one, so I assumed it had been sent as a core exchange or had been upgraded.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Bump in case anyone is interested in using my old parts to have them recovered while they continue to drive their Porsche. Don't have enough posts to place a listing in the marketplace yet.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
is the pdk center console compatible woth a 6MT console?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:06 PM
The center console is the same through the 997.2 style. Possibly older. The only change for a 6MT would be the shifter surround piece that is completely separate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather retrofit