997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leather retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Leather retrofit

Anyone know how difficult it would be to add leather options on a standard leather vehicle? (i.e. convert from standard leather to full leather)

Old 06-24-2011, 11:03 AM
lucas997 has a spectacular aura aboutlucas997 has a spectacular aura aboutlucas997 has a spectacular aura about
That was my question too.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
me three

Old 06-24-2011, 01:16 PM
SPEEDANDTECH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AERO996
Not too difficult. Check your PMs!
Do let me know as well.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
You can buy the parts separately from a multitude of vendors - its actually not hard just pricey...you might need help with installation of the dash (if your changing that).

Old 06-24-2011, 02:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Found this:

http://exclusiveoption.com/

Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
This Guy will wrap almost any of the interior parts with leather (as long as they don't need to be thinned). He quoted me $150 to do the large trim pieces on the sides of the Nav. I think porsche wants $990 for them. The sample pics looked factory and he had references. I guess he does Jay Lenos cars....

http://www.928leather.com/

Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the suggestions, these are definitely good options.

I'm curious, I see that a lot of the newly ordered cars come with standard leather only, implying that full leather is not popular. Is this because people think the option is priced too high ($3500 roughly) or because the group of people interested in a Carrera could care less about the materials used in the interior? Or both?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:19 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
i think it was closer to $5k for the option....I could not afford it, after paying for the porsche symbols and floor mats. Boy, do I regret it now! It is the only thing that bothers me about the car.....I mean, RUBBER door panels on a $98K car! Yikes!!!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:36 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
I have a few retrofitted leather parts from him. Excellent workmanship and price is good.

Originally Posted by bbywu

Old 06-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Leejai is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JohnM
i think it was closer to $5k for the option....I could not afford it, after paying for the porsche symbols and floor mats. Boy, do I regret it now! It is the only thing that bothers me about the car.....I mean, RUBBER door panels on a $98K car! Yikes!!!
I feel your pain.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:39 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I have a similar situation, but would prefer adding the Alcantara Lower Dash Trim to my GTS. If only Suncoast ever puts these on sale, I might do it. I also wish there was an Alcantara selection for the door panels (as the GTS comes with when you order full leather).

I do think the full leather look is nicer on the 911, especially the Upper Dash, Shifter Trim & Radio Surround. But it's interesting that there doesn't seem to be n OEM upgrade option for the Upper Dash in leather (at least Suncoast doesn't list it - but I'm sure you can have it ordered).

Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i dont think vinyl dash and door panels are such a bad idea. they don't warp, shrink or crack as easily as leather. besides the stitching, i see little cause to fork out extra dough. i would rather get PSE.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I have a similar situation, but would prefer adding the Alcantara Lower Dash Trim to my GTS. If only Suncoast ever puts these on sale, I might do it. I also wish there was an Alcantara selection for the door panels (as the GTS comes with when you order full leather).

I do think the full leather look is nicer on the 911, especially the Upper Dash, Shifter Trim & Radio Surround. But it's interesting that there doesn't seem to be n OEM upgrade option for the Upper Dash in leather (at least Suncoast doesn't list it - but I'm sure you can have it ordered).

We can get a full leather dash, we've sold a few. PM me if you need assistance. We also have a factory Alcantara center console coming, stay tuned!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. So far, it looks like the options are:
ExclusiveOption.com
Suncoastparts.com
928leather.com (send in the panels for wrapping)

Anybody know if there's a difference in quality of the leather or matching to factory black color? Is it more economical to send removable trim pieces to 928 leather, since you're paying only for the leather and you're supplying your own trim piece?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather retrofit