997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Stretched tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 AM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
Stretched tires?

So im thinking of doing it euro style. I have the knock off HRE wheels(avant mesh.) 19X8.5 and 19X11. Im going to go with 215/32/19 front with a 7mm spacer and then 270/30/19 rear with a 14mm spacer then SLAM my coils right on the wheel. Well just a little above it. What do you guys think of this look? I have only seen one guy pulling this look. V35 i think.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Please don't. it looks silly IMO. You have Porsche, not a VW GTI

Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 AM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
Really... i think it might be pretty good looking. I have full faced wheels. I guess we will see how it looks. Im thinking of getting some turbo 20s anyways cause they are cheap. So i can switch them if it looks silly. At the end of the day dislikers gonna dislike lol.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:05 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by negrette10
Really... i think it might be pretty good looking. I have full faced wheels. I guess we will see how it looks. Im thinking of getting some turbo 20s anyways cause they are cheap. So i can switch them if it looks silly. At the end of the day dislikers gonna dislike lol.
You know the saying about "opinions" I'm sure. That said, I'm just not a fan of downgrading the performance of a car like the 911 due to modifications.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:10 AM
No. I dont mind your opinion at all! I grew up in germany(air force brat) and i loved all the E36 and E46s slammed with fatties. I love M3s like this too. Im just going to test it. So you think this would make my driving performance go? Wider is better right? I doubt the 14mm will do much but get me flush with the then tire.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 AM
No. I dont mind your opinion at all! I grew up in germany(air force brat) and i loved all the E36 and E46s slammed with fatties. I love M3s like this too. Im just going to test it. So you think this would make my driving performance go? Wider is better right? I doubt the 14mm will do much but get me flush with the then tire.
OK, seeing that you spent some time in Germany, this is making sense now. Wider may be better but more unsprung weight from heavier wheels isn't.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 AM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
To me it looks amature ish , I think it makes the person look like he REALLY didnt know what he was doing

Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I see but if im going with a smaller tire and just spacers how is that adding weight? Dont get me wrong.... i will prob keep the look for a few months then get some new wheels. Like i said. Im going to prob get some turbo 20s.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
All I can think about is this, it's the new look but not my style at all. I put it in the same category as lowriders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM

Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
I see but if im going with a smaller tire and just spacers how is that adding weight? Dont get me wrong.... i will prob keep the look for a few months then get some new wheels. Like i said. Im going to prob get some turbo 20s.
You may want to re-think your decision to go with 20's. There have been several posts on the forum regarding the decrease in steering response, slower acceleration, and over decrease in vehicle performance; all due to the increased weight/mass of the wheel/tire combo. JMHO, it's your car.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
215 and 270 tires...dang those are really skinny tires.....you have a real performance car why ruin it with tires not as wide as stock?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
All I can think about is this, it's the new look but not my style at all. I put it in the same category as lowriders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM
OMFG!! What a hoot!!

That is a conversation that I wish I could have with a room full of spring-cutters and fender-rollers (said in a monotone computer-generated voice, of course!).

Old 06-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Hellla Epic

Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
So im thinking of doing it euro style. I have the knock off HRE wheels(avant mesh.) 19X8.5 and 19X11. Im going to go with 215/32/19 front with a 7mm spacer and then 270/30/19 rear with a 14mm spacer then SLAM my coils right on the wheel. Well just a little above it. What do you guys think of this look? I have only seen one guy pulling this look. V35 i think.
Although sort of youth oriented, slammed cars look cool when sitting still. I wouldn't do it but they look cool at meets and shows.
I used to drive kinda low years ago but am too old to put up with the issues it's brings. Having to go into many driveways and lots sideways because of dips, eyes glued to the road so hard it can be distracting...not for me.
If I did slam a car it would definitely not be a Porsche.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL man that hellaflush cartoon is .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stretched tires?