997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C&D Tests the 991!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KonaKai
i do like the full length sunroof though.
that is because you have a Targa. I would prefer no sunroof and no 20" wheels.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:37 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Seriously? THAT's the interior?

We made so much progress from the 996 to the 997. And this is what they came up for the followup?

It looks like it belongs in a Taurus.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
I'm surprised that 20" wheels are becoming standard equipment on S's. Hell, since I switched to 20's I'm a little more hesitant to hit corners as hard as when I had the stock 18's on...! I wonder if they made the overall wheel/tire diameter larger so that the profile is not as super-low with current 20 setups.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Seriously? THAT's the interior?

We made so much progress from the 996 to the 997. And this is what they came up for the followup?

It looks like it belongs in a Taurus.
looks much better here imho :

Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 997xpress
Here you go
I see the sports chrono wart is still there...

Old 06-28-2011, 07:54 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Agree. The interior in the new cars is so well done. Thank goodness no I-Drive and lots of buttons to play with. Reminds me of one of them Vertu Phones A+++

Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
NYCEnglish is infamous around these parts
Same cup holders!

Too many buttons though - the last thing a sports car needs, in my opinion, is a busy interior...

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Old 06-28-2011, 08:59 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Kinda sort'a excited...but my verdict is STILL out...need to see the finished product in person before I decide...

methinks too manny manual gears tho...

Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Not liking the new 991 either, getting way too big, not very sports car like, if you compare the 997 to a 993, 964, and other older 911's, it's bigger. I think the 997 is as big as it should get. The interior is too luxurious, belongs in a luxury sedan, not sports car. Way too many buttons. I don't mind 20"s as long as it's relatively light, there are many forged 20"s that are the same or lighter than stock 19"s. The 997 worked with 20"s, since the 991 is much bigger, I think 20"s will look fine. 19"s might even look small, we'll see. Full sunroof doesn't matter to me, I don't even used my half one. I usually don't judge cars until I see it in real life. Going to hold my judgement until then, right now it does not look too promising.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
They said psm re-engages as soon as you step on the brake? What's that all about?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
The key take-away for me is there is a 3.4L 350HP Cayman coming...

Old 06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Devils Advocate is infamous around these partsDevils Advocate is infamous around these parts
I think it looks great, going along with more up-to-date designs. Factory carbon fiber roof option please! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's unveiled. From what it seems like, they are putting side scoops on non-turbo models for the 991, is this right?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate
From what it seems like, they are putting side scoops on non-turbo models for the 991, is this right?
no side scoops on non-turbo cars. Those are just stickers to throw people off. See the paragraph at the end of the article for some insight. If I could post the pics, you could see that the 'scoops' are fake.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Devils Advocate is infamous around these partsDevils Advocate is infamous around these parts
Ah, mis-read that, thanks for clearing that up

Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I like it . The seven speeds I don't care for even in the current car . In fact i rarely use the automatic modes and manually shifting requires that extra gear .

Granted the interior is not nearly the leap of 993 to 996 , or 996 to 997 that one might have expected . As for the Panamera type of luxury I feel that Porsche moved in the direction of luxury interiors after the 993 and failed miserably with the 996 . The 991 looks like a refreshed 997 interior mated to a panamera .

I wonder how they are going to translate the luxury into the gt3 . My guess is engine , body , suspension will be wired more hard core than the street car but how can they put sport bucket seats in a Panameraish inside. It's not impossible i suppose but driving it might feel like playing a video game on ones couch .

I welcome the Turbo . Now that's where the luxury and power will bring it home .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-29-2011 at 12:13 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C&D Tests the 991!