997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got my new daily driver !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:19 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
sharp...all the best....enjoy

Old 06-30-2011, 05:35 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Cograts Larry....nice DD......did u dump the 997 PDK ?

Old 06-30-2011, 06:31 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Congratulations. Looks beautiful.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 AM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I appreciate all the comments on the thread .

To answer your question with some first impressions :

1) My 08 car was loaded up with options too but it did not have the competition package . The suspension does feel more firm and confidence inspiring.

2) My 08 car did not have the performance exhaust which is a BMW accessory (costs about 4+K ) . The sound is amazing .. zero drone .. have not tested open throttle as i am still in break in period.

3)This car feels like it has more torque and more planted . I have no data to back this up only my own perception (butt dyno) . It is lower to the ground and the sport settings are a bit more advanced . Combine that with the improved exhaust note and the feeling of newness adds to the perception .

4) My 08 car came with Michellin Ps2 tires . This one came with Continentals (prefer ps2) . I did not get the tire package and didn't even look at the tires until I got home . The first flat tire i get .. will end up with 4 new Michellin Ps2'.

5) The car has some interesting new things like a idle cutoff at red light standstill to reduce gas . It can be turn off to idle . I sat in traffic a bit .. so it takes awhile to shut off and will re engage immediately .

6) My main reason of buying the car is that the 08 car was 3 years old with 36K miles . It ran perfectly but i liked the idea of starting over with full warranty and new and felt that the cost to upgrade was decent enough to buy the car.

7) idrive is very user friendly on this car .

These are just first impressions in 22 miles of driving. I'll get better acquainted with the car with more time.

..I'm also thinking of ditching my 08 335cpe for a new DD like yours.
(reason #6 is the best reason of all) I'm not a fan of Vista..I may try your guy

Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by Vincent997S
Wow, nice car with nice (OEM?) rims !
Congrats;
V.
Rims are BMW OEM on the M3 when equipped with the Competition Package.

Car looks great, Larry. Best of luck with it. As you know, I swapped my 997S for an nearly identical 2011 M3 coupe (same color and equipment but no extra performance parts) last fall and couldn't be happier.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Sweet!!! The M3 is a nice and capable car. The new ones looks great in white.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Cograts Larry....nice DD......did u dump the 997 PDK ?
Kept the Pdk 887S.,
Krpt the Turbo.
Kept the Honda Si.
Traded the 08 M3 for the 11.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slant83
..I'm also thinking of ditching my 08 335cpe for a new DD like yours.
(reason #6 is the best reason of all) I'm not a fan of Vista..I may try your guy
Good luck.. let him know you saw my car and that I've been very pleased.
My 08 car gave me a lot of miles of trouble free driving and held its value very well . I feel confident with this V8 engnes reliability and feel good abiout the new car.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by caveatesq
Rims are BMW OEM on the M3 when equipped with the Competition Package.

Car looks great, Larry. Best of luck with it. As you know, I swapped my 997S for an nearly identical 2011 M3 coupe (same color and equipment but no extra performance parts) last fall and couldn't be happier.
The accessories can be added any time at a BMW dealership . They are OEM parts with full BMW warranty in case you ever decide to buy it.. I really love the exhaust . It's loud enough to produce a sweet sound but also low key enough and without drone.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks again guys for the feedback and well wishes .
I look forward to driving it .

Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Congrats Larry !!

its a beautiful car.. especially the new front spoiler.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Kept the Pdk 887S.,
Krpt the Turbo.
Kept the Honda Si.
Traded the 08 M3 for the 11.
Only on a forum like this can you list these cars and say that you needed to replace your m3 for a new one. We understand, no explanation needed...the rest of the world thinks were crazy though.

Great DD by the way, and I always loved the Idrive and they kept making it better.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
DocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud of
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

I chased one of these around the track one day- they go like stink.

Love to hear your impressions after you first track day. Enjoy!!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
4) My 08 car came with Michellin Ps2 tires . This one came with Continentals (prefer ps2) . I did not get the tire package and didn't even look at the tires until I got home . The first flat tire i get .. will end up with 4 new Michellin Ps2'. ...
Larry: The Contis are actually quite good. If you switch to Michelin you ought to consider the Super Sports instead of the PS2s.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by adias
Larry: The Contis are actually quite good. If you switch to Michelin you ought to consider the Super Sports instead of the PS2s.

Will do. Thanks . Right now I will give the Conti's a chance . My only experience with Conti's was on one of my former cars (I think it was my 2000 996) and they wore out fast . I've been so happy with the Michellins (even have them on the Honda) that i stuck with a good thing .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my new daily driver !!!!