997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Got my new daily driver !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Got my new daily driver !!!!

I first want to thank the salesman as well as the dealership for making my first ever custom ordered car perfect . His name is Ahmed Tantawy and this was the first BMW I bought from Braman BMW in Miami and they did a fantastic job.

Even before i ordered the car this salesaperson took the time to look at every available car he could locate that was even close to what I wanted . I had called other dealerships but his effort was exceptional and sincere.The negotiations went smooth , and the car is awesome .

I did learn a lot about ordering a BMW . It took 10 weeks . That's quick.

I have driven 22 miles on my new car . This was the original config . i did change the color from mineral white to alpine white
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...3mGhImKRoep0v9

I love the sound of the exhaust BMW and the competion package feels nicely planted compared to my previous 08 car . The carbon fiber (front splitter, mirrors , rear decklid) addds a nice touch to it and the updated idrive is more user friendly .
I have to drive the car a bit to comment more but considering its my first day and it rained I just wanted to share .

Here's some pics .. iphone pics .

Attached Images      

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-29-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
1st to say congrats Larry. Looks great in white.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car Larry. Enjoy it in good health.

Any interior pictures?

PS Looking forward to your comments.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Very nice. Enjoy!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:53 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Thanks guys

.. no interior pics yet . I got home and it was getting dark.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations Larry! That sure is quick - I guess 10 weeks goes by faster than expected. Great looking coupe!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
Congratulations Larry! That sure is quick - I guess 10 weeks goes by faster than expected. Great looking coupe!
Thanks --
It goes by quickly yet the combination of the anticipation and tracking the car on the BMW website somehow makes it feel longer. For 10 weeks the contrast of the Porsches and the Honda Civic left me wanting that middle gound car . Since I traded my old car it created a void .

Old 06-29-2011, 11:19 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Congrats Larry, love the white E90 M!

Ken

Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Car looks great. I'll be interested to hear more about how it compares to your '08.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Congrats

Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Car looks great, I especially like the contrasting front black spoiler, as it gives the car a menacing look.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by PorschePaul
Car looks great. I'll be interested to hear more about how it compares to your '08.

I appreciate all the comments on the thread .

To answer your question with some first impressions :

1) My 08 car was loaded up with options too but it did not have the competition package . The suspension does feel more firm and confidence inspiring.

2) My 08 car did not have the performance exhaust which is a BMW accessory (costs about 4+K ) . The sound is amazing .. zero drone .. have not tested open throttle as i am still in break in period.

3)This car feels like it has more torque and more planted . I have no data to back this up only my own perception (butt dyno) . It is lower to the ground and the sport settings are a bit more advanced . Combine that with the improved exhaust note and the feeling of newness adds to the perception .

4) My 08 car came with Michellin Ps2 tires . This one came with Continentals (prefer ps2) . I did not get the tire package and didn't even look at the tires until I got home . The first flat tire i get .. will end up with 4 new Michellin Ps2'.

5) The car has some interesting new things like a idle cutoff at red light standstill to reduce gas . It can be turn off to idle . I sat in traffic a bit .. so it takes awhile to shut off and will re engage immediately .

6) My main reason of buying the car is that the 08 car was 3 years old with 36K miles . It ran perfectly but i liked the idea of starting over with full warranty and new and felt that the cost to upgrade was decent enough to buy the car.

7) idrive is very user friendly on this car .

These are just first impressions in 22 miles of driving. I'll get better acquainted with the car with more time.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-30-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
Car looks great, I especially like the contrasting front black spoiler, as it gives the car a menacing look.
The photos do make the carbon look black yet in the sunlight the details of the carbon fiber come to life . Even though it was overcast and rainy today I did get one brief moment to see the car in the sunlight . I loved it.

Most of the photos and videos online show the car with black wheels and the black grill . Too much black and white can make the car look to busy .

This video has it like mine .. except i opted for a 6 speed over the DCt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcH_F6IA80

Old 06-30-2011, 01:25 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Damn nice M3 u got right there..I always like white M3 and the red also..That particular option you ordered is exactly what i will buy when i want to buy M3.

M3 definitely a nice daily drive car! If i'm up to buy 2 cars i would definitely buy M3 for daily drive and F-430, 458, or R8 for weekend. But too expensive! LOL

Old 06-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Vincent997S is infamous around these parts
Wow, nice car with nice (OEM?) rims !
Congrats;
V.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my new daily driver !!!!