997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BOSE Settings..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
BOSE Settings..

FWIW--

OK, after a year of trying many, if not all, different settings for BOSE on my 997.2 C2S, I've settled on the best, to my ear...(example: +/- Surround, +/- Linear, etc...) The biggest problem by far is the poor equalization, and , as you know, it seems like every song requires it's OWN setting! However, my settings below are the best OVERALL solution:

Bass +2
Treble -1
Balance 2 LEFT (driver's side)
Fade 2 REAR
Surround ON
LINEAR OFF

Classical Music, for example, is an exception, where the Linear ON (and Surround OFF) can sound nice on some works. But the above settings are fine too....

As you know, the BOSE is subpar, especially the occasionally horrendous treble , but the above settings keeps the treble manageable.... (if you listen to the 60's music at all, you know what I mean).
Yes, I can upgrade, as discussed in other posts, but I don't want to mess with 997.2/Bose electronics. Plus, there aren't any recommended good audio places near here...

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 06-30-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Skillsflow is infamous around these parts
Nice.
Not sure if this helps but I upgraded the sounds in my 997.2 C2S by replacing the dual 8" Bose subs that come behind the rear seat. I used dual 10" Diamond Audio D6 (2Ohm) subs powered by a JL Audio Slash V2 1000.1 amp. The box was custom made to fit the deck behind the rear seat. Kept the box sealed and wrapped in the thick Porsche black carpet.

The nice thing about the Bose setup is that the subs can be easily replaced while keeping everything else OEM. For safe power level, I'm using a 50 farad stinger capacitor.

I'm getting really clean music with all my music which stays strong while driving down the expressway while the windows rolled down.

Cheers,
SF

Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Lancia has a spectacular aura aboutLancia has a spectacular aura about
Everything else set at 0 and centered.
Surround Off, Linear Off.
Bass +3 only change.
Seems to be the most consistant

Your right though, each song almost needs its own setting. Played around heaps.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 AM
jedwards is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Skillsflow
Nice.
Not sure if this helps but I upgraded the sounds in my 997.2 C2S by replacing the dual 8" Bose subs that come behind the rear seat. I used dual 10" Diamond Audio D6 (2Ohm) subs powered by a JL Audio Slash V2 1000.1 amp. The box was custom made to fit the deck behind the rear seat. Kept the box sealed and wrapped in the thick Porsche black carpet.

The nice thing about the Bose setup is that the subs can be easily replaced while keeping everything else OEM. For safe power level, I'm using a 50 farad stinger capacitor.

I'm getting really clean music with all my music which stays strong while driving down the expressway while the windows rolled down.

Cheers,
SF
Can you share a little more about your set up, sounds like a great compromise!

1. What kind of music do you listen too?
2. Where did you put the 2nd amp?
3. Who did the install?
4. Did you get everything from Crutchfields?
5. Have you done any other upgrades to the audio system since?

thx!