997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TrackDaze @ NJMP Any feedback?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
TrackDaze @ NJMP Any feedback?

I know at least one or two regulars on the forum went to the trackdaze HPDE event this past two days.

Any feedback? Did they use the chicanes at all?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
hey they used the second chicane only. overall it was OK. 2 hrs of track time per day and the weather was amazing, but the crowd left something to be desired. i ran in yellow which is a fifth group they created (just below black) to ease crowding, which worked. the main issue was there were a few yahoos in the group who were dangerous. one shelby went off all the way into the tires after turn 4, front first (he was fine, but it cost us nearly the entire second session) and and VW did 5 spins in the middle of the track just in front of me. he'd gone off earlier and said in class that it's his first time on this track, but went back out. not good. i'll probably try harder to stick with PCA from now on.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Wow Lee...good info...thanks

Was yellow then an intermediate group on level below the top group?

Turn 4 is really a high speed turn and people do do off there.

But 5 spins? Thats unreal. In a VW? How is that possible?

Did you spend anytime with an instructor? Was one offered?

PCA is always my first choice But am looking for other groups to run @ NJMP.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:31 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Wow Lee...good info...thanks

Was yellow then an intermediate group on level below the top group?

Turn 4 is really a high speed turn and people do do off there.

But 5 spins? Thats unreal. In a VW? How is that possible?

Did you spend anytime with an instructor? Was one offered?

PCA is always my first choice But am looking for other groups to run @ NJMP.
sure my pleasure mike. yeah, the yellow group was the second to highest (not countng instructors red). the VW was a GTI. he kept spinning straight down the middle around turns 7 or 8, tires smoking. luckily i was far enough behind him that no issues. don't get me wrong -- i've gone off track before, but i just didn't get a great feeling that these guys were taking the best care. in case ur curious most the cars were vettes, couple lotuses, lots of mustangs too. only 3 pcars at the whole event (2 GT3s and me). i asked for instructor 1/2 the time but wasn't offered one. i was OK with that though. hope to see u down there soon

Old 07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KonaKai
sure my pleasure mike. yeah, the yellow group was the second to highest (not countng instructors red). the VW was a GTI. he kept spinning straight down the middle around turns 7 or 8, tires smoking. luckily i was far enough behind him that no issues. don't get me wrong -- i've gone off track before, but i just didn't get a great feeling that these guys were taking the best care. in case ur curious most the cars were vettes, couple lotuses, lots of mustangs too. only 3 pcars at the whole event (2 GT3s and me). i asked for instructor 1/2 the time but wasn't offered one. i was OK with that though. hope to see u down there soon
Damn, you guys be careful out there on the right coast........best,

Old 07-02-2011, 07:58 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Kona, glad to hear you had a good time. Sorry to hear about those other yahoos. I am thinking about doing the Metro PCA HPDE in October.

Wow, post number 500!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Kona, glad to hear you had a good time. Sorry to hear about those other yahoos. I am thinking about doing the Metro PCA HPDE in October.

Wow, post number 500!
Metro (lightning) is on my list too. As is Delaware (thunderbolt) the week before.

Also might want to consider Jersey Shore (thunderbolt) at end of August if you can make a mid week event, (weds-thurs august 24-25)

Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by Steamboat
Damn, you guys be careful out there on the right coast........best,
Thanks...

I believe that is a very unusual place to spin on thunderbolt...its the turn before getting in the "jersey devil"....

I tend to understeer there somewhat, but never got a sense of spinning.

The GTI does have FWD, I imagine that might factor it.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
lacrosse -- i'll see u at that Oct PCA event if u make it down there -- looks like a good one. your #500 commemorative gift is in the mail but don't know if it's a toaster or new spark plugz.

buckwheat / steam -- the most amusing of the misfits was a guy in CTSV sedan. he had a good attitude and safe speed but was plowing those +4500 lbs across every turn like he was farmer mac

enjoy the holiday fellas

Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Kona, I could use both!

Have a goodone fellas!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
There is the PCA DE at NJMP in October. I will definitely attend...

It will be cool to see who's going... I know that probably a bunch of Metro PCA guys will attend.