997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 PM
chi4s is infamous around these parts
Very nice. I really like the wheels. I would start with some clear side lights.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Vilkomen and congrats on the new ride! As has been stated - clear side markers and wrap the front, hood, mirrors and fenders with a clear bra. Wheels??? Maybe go back to 19's depending on what you want to do with the car.

Enjoy that car!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
drive2006c4s is infamous around these parts
Wow thanks for your warm welcome!
I feel loved!
;-)
After reading all of your response, I have ordered clear marks and LED Dectane tail lights. thanks!!!
I do like to convert my fog to HID but I couldn’t find any room to put the HID bulb (I didn’t order one yet though).
So I might have to wait until… Dectane come up with nice LED for front!

Now for people who nicely advised me to change my 20” wheels to 19” stock wheels, is there big difference on suspension? I do care about my handling though.

Oh and 3M clear bra. I think previous owner had it but it got removed. I’ll probably do that very soon. How much is reasonable price on clear bra including installation?

Thanks again for warm welcome.
It was nice drive over the weekend!
I’m glad I bought Porsche!
It was between Audi S5, BMW M3, and Porsche…

Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
drive2006c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Vilkomen and congrats on the new ride! As has been stated - clear side markers and wrap the front, hood, mirrors and fenders with a clear bra. Wheels??? Maybe go back to 19's depending on what you want to do with the car.

Enjoy that car!
thanks!
I wish I have 19 on it so that I can compare. 20" seems little harsh on the ride though... lol.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
The 997 suspension (PASM) is factory tuned to 19" rims. 20"rims are simply bling and heavier.

The new 991 S will come with 20"(and yes that is still silly bling) but its suspension will be tuned to them.

19"or even better 18" rims are correct for the 997.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Welcome to the club and very nice 4s. Love the wide body!!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 AM
K997 is infamous around these partsK997 is infamous around these parts
Congrats and welcome to the club. Enjoy in good health! As others have said, the clear corners will be a nice addition.

I wouldn't do the clear bra unless your paint is in pristine condition. Otherwise you could get air bubbles, etc caught under it if you have rock chips, etc.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Alex K is infamous around these parts
Just beautiful! Enjoy! I'm having so much fun with my car and so will you.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I love the look of the S from the back!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drive2006c4s
Now for people who nicely advised me to change my 20” wheels to 19” stock wheels, is there big difference on suspension? I do care about my handling though.
I really think that wheel size is limited really by how you drive the car. While I completely agree that I wouldn't track a 911 with 20's, for my purposes (DD and occasional spirited backroad jaunts) the 20's still do fine. It's really more about how you want your car to look in concert with how hard you want to drive it. With my scope of driving I am less concerned about increase in unsprung weight that come with heavier wheels. I have less road noise from my 20's than the stock 18's that came with my car. I am more cautious with bumps/looking for potholes, though. and my suspension is stiffer now - but I put in H&R springs.

BOL - it's really all up to you - it's your car!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 PM
bob/ft.worth is infamous around these parts
Beautiful car! welcome to the club

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.