997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Removing Center Exhaust Dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 04:42 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Removing Center Exhaust Dilemma

So I received my SharkWerks Center Exhaust Bypass a few weeks ago, but been waiting for my car to get out of the shop (frickin N Texas Hail). Today I took out all of my required tools and got to the project.

The first step is to remove the nuts that connect the center exhaust to the manifold/cat. While it was tricky getting the passenger side undone, I was able to do it. Then to the drivers side. First 2 bolts - no problem. Third Bolt - No Chance. For those of you that have looked at the setup, this is the bolt on the top side of the pipe. Since my car has PSE, there is an extra exhaust pipe coming from the side muffler. This eliminates most of the room to get any tools through.

Has anyone here removed their center exhaust from a PSE-optioned car on their own? This is the ONE nut/bolt that is keeping me from completing the project on my own and not having to go pay a dealer beaucoup $$$ simply because I can't get one nut removed.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
the guys from sharkwerks can likely help you. They did my GTS with PSE.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey fellas you can't really use a socket on the top flange nuts and James likes to use a half-moon crescent wrench like the gear-wrench brand for this type of angle:

Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
easy job, use 3/8 universal adapter or universal sockets and wabble drive extensions

Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
hey fellas you can't really use a socket on the top flange nuts and James likes to use a half-moon crescent wrench like the gear-wrench brand for this type of angle:
Thanks Guys! This looks like it will do the job. I'll go to my NAPA tomorrow...they supposedly have them.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Thanks Guys! This looks like it will do the job. I'll go to my NAPA tomorrow...they supposedly have them.
Cool let us know how it goes