997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: About to Pull the Trigger on a 2012 911S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
(as they say, only live once, and can't take it with you).

This car could sell fast and we don't want to get scooped, so we're giving ourselves tonight to sleep on it. I'll appreciate any comments regarding whether our decision makes sense. Thanks!
makes lotta sense.

go for it and enjoy !

Old 07-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Got the 911 this morning, and very happy. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Makes me feel like a lucky guy to have it.

As I drive it more, I'll post my impressions, and will also likely have questions. I'll also post photos when I get a chance.

The car may however create two problems:

1. Poses a real danger of causing me to appreciate my C63 less.

2. I don't want to share the 911 with my wife!

Thanks to everyone who provided input in this thread and others. Really helped -- these forums are great!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 PM
dagolfpro is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:15 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Got the 911 this morning, and very happy. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Makes me feel like a lucky guy to have it.

As I drive it more, I'll post my impressions, and will also likely have questions. I'll also post photos when I get a chance.

Thanks to everyone who provided input in this thread and others. Really helped -- these forums are great!
These aren't "problems" . A first Porsche 911 is a growth spurt in ones driving and ownership experience . It's actually a fun thing to share it with someone . Congrats to both you and your wife on the new toy.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:09 AM
fgv1it has a spectacular aura aboutfgv1it has a spectacular aura about

For whatever is worth, I have a 911S Cab and a C-Class sedan (a C320, not the C63) and believe it or not, I still enjoy driving the Merc! When I first got the 911, I felt like you, but over time, as the newness of the Porsche wore off, and the practicality of the sedan reasserted itself, I came to enjoy both cars for what each of them does well. In your case, I venture a guess that after some time, those trips with your daughter are going to be a lot easier and more confortable in the Merc than in the back seat of the cab. In any case, congrats and enjoy your cars in good health!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fgv1it
For whatever is worth, I have a 911S Cab and a C-Class sedan (a C320, not the C63) and believe it or not, I still enjoy driving the Merc! When I first got the 911, I felt like you, but over time, as the newness of the Porsche wore off, and the practicality of the sedan reasserted itself, I came to enjoy both cars for what each of them does well. In your case, I venture a guess that after some time, those trips with your daughter are going to be a lot easier and more confortable in the Merc than in the back seat of the cab. In any case, congrats and enjoy your cars in good health!
Thanks, good to hear that. I'm hoping (and suspect) that it will work out the same way for me.

A nice thing about the C63 is that the torque and engine/exhaust sound are silly fun and will probably never old get old. The 911S is nice in that regard too, but IMO not a match for the C63, even with the C63 being heavier. That 6.2 liter V8 is an awesome engine.

And of course, during the winter, the cab will likely lose some of its appeal, but we knew that up front and are OK with it. Spring and summer will always return!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 AM
sprtan is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your purchase. I too recently went through the same decision process and went from Boxster S vs. 08/09 Cab S to ending up with a 2012 Cab 911 Black Edition. Got it in May and could not be happier.

Wife loves it and we have already taken several evening strolls out to dinner withour 8 and 11 year old in the rear "seat".
It's not a daily driver for me (occasionally on Fridays). I would highly suggest getting the SpeedFilm option (full) to save on the rock chips. The wheel protection is nice as well.

Enjoy!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by sprtan
Congrats on your purchase. I too recently went through the same decision process and went from Boxster S vs. 08/09 Cab S to ending up with a 2012 Cab 911 Black Edition. Got it in May and could not be happier.

Wife loves it and we have already taken several evening strolls out to dinner withour 8 and 11 year old in the rear "seat".
It's not a daily driver for me (occasionally on Fridays). I would highly suggest getting the SpeedFilm option (full) to save on the rock chips. The wheel protection is nice as well.

Enjoy!
Thanks, I like the 911 Black Edition, and the Boxster S is a pretty awesome car too. I would have been quite happy with it if we didn't need the rear seat.

Could you elaborate on the SpeedFilm and wheel protection? The dealer is offering some sort of clear plastic film for about $1500, but I don't know how that compares with the SpeedFilm. And I'm not familiar with the wheel protection at all.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:58 PM
sprtan is infamous around these parts
Thanks, I like the 911 Black Edition, and the Boxster S is a pretty awesome car too. I would have been quite happy with it if we didn't need the rear seat.

Could you elaborate on the SpeedFilm and wheel protection? The dealer is offering some sort of clear plastic film for about $1500, but I don't know how that compares with the SpeedFilm. And I'm not familiar with the wheel protection at all.
The SpeedFilm is the plastic film offered by the dealer (at least that's the brand my dealer repped). Very pleased with the work. The wheel protection is the insurance package that protects the wheels against basically anything (curb dings, scratches, etc).