997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: About to Pull the Trigger on a 2012 911S Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Question URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: About to Pull the Trigger on a 2012 911S Cab

After seemingly endless searching for a new fun car, we're about to pull the trigger tommorow morning on a new 2012 911S cab. We want a sporty convertible, and the M3 is too similar to my C63 to add variety, so the choice comes down to either a Boxster S or the 911, and here's the rationale for going with the 911:

- I think the Boxster is more fun to drive, but the 911 isn't too far behind in that department, and it may be a matter of my getting used to the rear-engine layout (still feels a bit weird to me, but I know that the limits of the car are high, maybe higher than I'll ever dare to go).

- We'd like some semblance of a rear seat to accomodate our 10-year-old daughter for the next 3 or 4 years on short local trips, so that the whole family can ride in the car on the weekends. It's obviously tight back there, but it seems tolerable, and of course there's no back seat in the Boxster.

- This particular 911 strikes my wife and I as being absolutely gorgeous. It's a macadamia exterior, with a tan and black interior. My wife cares about appearance much more than me, so jackpot there, and I do need/want to keep the wife happy.

- The 911 is a bit roomier, and I appreciate the extra legroom, given my 6' height.

- I prefer a car which isn't flashy, and Porsche obviously fails on that count, but at least it's not a Ferrari. And I don't think the 911 looks much more flashy than the Boxster, since Porsches probably all look similar to most people.

- The 911 costs over $40K more than the Boxster, and I'm not happy about that (actually, never imagined spending over $100K on a car until now!), but the car will be leased through the business, so we'll have a nice tax write-off and I suppose we can afford it (as they say, only live once, and can't take it with you).

This car could sell fast and we don't want to get scooped, so we're giving ourselves tonight to sleep on it. I'll appreciate any comments regarding whether our decision makes sense. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:04 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Carrera over Boxster any day. Buy a CPO. Let someone else take the initial depreciation.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like you've already got the decision made. Pics when you bring it home!!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Go for it bud. You've clearly been very much in the hunt for a car you and your wife like (just from reading your posts). I am quite sure you'll be happy with it (I have an '09 C2S Cab and previously owned a Ferrari 360, and I enjoy the 911 as a DD) and if your wife is happy with the colors, etc. then its a winner. A Porsche 911 is not an exotic, it's only moderately showy. I drive mine into NYC most days and on the days I don't, I park it at the train station and take the train into the city. And it's usually in good Porsche company. Lock it up tomorrow and as Scoper said, PICTURES PLEASE when you get it home. Good luck and have fun tomorrow!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The 997S Cab blows away the Boxster in every aspect (except price).
The important things now are the options . What are they ?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Never mind my question . I found your car based on the descrioption . Looks nice !!!!
Congrats !!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The important things now are the options . What are they ?
This is the car, though the photo is just a stock photo:

http://www.porschetowson.com/new/Por...07620/info.php

Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Do it.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Yep .. I had found it !!! I like it !!!! Good choice !!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 PM
One more thing .. request the clear side markers at delivery (for free).

Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe look into a 2010 and save a few bucks?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Yep .. I had found it !!! I like it !!!! Good choice !!!!
Larry you are so fast at finding cars in inventory - especially the exact car someone is considering!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:38 PM
erayd8 is infamous around these parts
It doesn't seem to have Nav. If it's not a big deal not having one, then it's ok. Just keep in mind you can't add one after the fact to the factory headunit.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Scoper
Larry you are so fast at finding cars in inventory - especially the exact car someone is considering!!!
His was easy . How many Macadamia 2012 C2S cabs are anywhere near Maryland ? Auto trader pulled it right up.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by erayd8
It doesn't seem to have Nav. If it's not a big deal not having one, then it's ok. Just keep in mind you can't add one after the fact to the factory headunit.
It hs nav . Option code 672 is listed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: About to Pull the Trigger on a 2012 911S Cab