997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Mileage question??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:18 AM
JTfromCali is infamous around these parts
Mileage question??

I have been on the hunt for about 3 months looking for 06-07 Carrera black on black, has to be automatic, sport chrono package, CPO perferred, looking for somewhere between 20-25K miles. I have seen some but either one of the above criteria was not met. Low and behold I found one and it is about an hour away from where I live. Took a test drive AWESOME, interior like new, it is an automatic, sports chrono, and it is CPO. Now the only issue is it has 50,000 miles. Comes from a respectable Porsche dealership in LA county. It falls perfect under my desired budget. I want to use it as my DD. Normaly 50k miles would not seem high for the car, but in a few years I can see it getting close to a 100k and I am wondering should I be concerned or just go for it? Or should I wait a bit longer and continue the hunt for lesser miles? I am looking to spend around 50k. (and yes I have seen many 911's come up for that price)
Your guys input is so appreciated.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:39 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
If you plan to put another 50,000 miles on it 'in a few years', I would continue to look for a lower mileage car.
Just my opinion. I bought mine at 37K miles, but I have a very short commute and even as a daily driver, I only put 5,000 miles per year on the car. For $50,000, I would expect no more than 30,000 miles or a newer car

Old 07-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Look for a lower mileage car. With miles comes maintenance, not that the Porsche can't handle 100K miles, your wallet might not like it. There will be many things that needs to be changed and service. If you are going to buy a 50K mile car, I would have the dealer, change oil/filter, brake flush, transmission flush at the minimum, it cost them next to nothing but will cost you a few hundred. Good luck.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:58 PM
The car would have all of the services done and up to date as of the time of sale. And it is cpo for another 2 years.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JTfromCali
The car would have all of the services done and up to date as of the time of sale. And it is cpo for another 2 years.
I'd say if you plan to keep the car and you know the maintenance expenses (not covered by CPO) then go for it but I would def work on a much better price given the high mileage. The dealer is going to have a hard time finding a buyer for that higher mileage. I'd work on low 40's or walk away and wait for a lower mileage car.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Kuhl997 has a spectacular aura aboutKuhl997 has a spectacular aura about
Never could understand why people buy a Porsche and nearly spend 100K on it then get beaten up for driving a car 10K miles per year. I have an 06 and for the most part has been maintenance free and I have 52k miles currently. Required tune ups are every 20K however, I change the oil every 10K. So far I have spent more money on tire replacements.
What people don't realize is that there is a shortage for popular/quality/late model used cars. Used car prices are up approx. 30 percent. If you look at most Porsche dealerships, they have lots of Panamera's and Cayene's but no 911's. Porsche has cut most of the allocation to the US due to the exchange rate and have increased their shipments to India and China. Do your homework and google "used car shortage" "Used car prices up" "Porsche used car shortage" and you will see this is due to Obama's hair brain idea "cash for clunkers".....LOL. What is even more laughable, you potential buyers expect us to buy expensive cars, not drive them, and then sell them dirt cheap for your enjoyment! LMAO!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
mihink is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kuhl997
Never could understand why people buy a Porsche and nearly spend 100K on it then get beaten up for driving a car 10K miles per year. I have an 06 and for the most part has been maintenance free and I have 52k miles currently. Required tune ups are every 20K however, I change the oil every 10K. So far I have spent more money on tire replacements.
What people don't realize is that there is a shortage for popular/quality/late model used cars. Used car prices are up approx. 30 percent. If you look at most Porsche dealerships, they have lots of Panamera's and Cayene's but no 911's. Porsche has cut most of the allocation to the US due to the exchange rate and have increased their shipments to India and China. Do your homework and google "used car shortage" "Used car prices up" "Porsche used car shortage" and you will see this is due to Obama's hair brain idea "cash for clunkers".....LOL. What is even more laughable, you potential buyers expect us to buy expensive cars, not drive them, and then sell them dirt cheap for your enjoyment! LMAO!
Couldn't agree more. Used car prices across the board have gone up. Obama's Cash for clunkers took many (close to a million) lower priced DRIVABLE vehicles off the road for no damn reason...now we are dealing with the aftermath

Old 07-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Call me stupid I guess all those years in college did not pay off, but I am confused as to what you are tryng to say?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
EricUSC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JTfromCali
I have been on the hunt for about 3 months looking for 06-07 Carrera black on black, has to be automatic, sport chrono package, CPO perferred, looking for somewhere between 20-25K miles.
You can get Sport Mode software installed if you find a Carrera w/o Sport Chrono that otherwise meets your criteria. This may help you broaden your search if you're ok with not having the stopwatch on the dash.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ory_Code=997sp

Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Right back to you....what are you trying to articulate? Whether to buy a Porsche that has 50k on the car and use it as a daily driver, the price placed on a car with 50k on it, or you want a low mile car but don't want to pay the price? I am confused too. Just know that if you go to a dealer you will pay more for it. Look on ebay and there are tons of cars that are under 50k. Remember, a 06/07 997 is not going to be a future collector car that will sell for more than you paid for it. If you are worried about miles then buy a Prius.