997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

FINALLY! SharkWerks Center Muffler Bypass Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:57 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
FINALLY! SharkWerks Center Muffler Bypass Installed

I was finally able to get my SW Center Bypass installed on the GTS this morning. All I can say is: DAMN.

Wow the car sounds great.

With PSE Off, it's still pretty subtle, but you can hear a little more raspiness when pulling through 3K+ RPMs.

But with PSE On...Oh...It's ON alright. The car just sounds angry and ready to bite. LOVE IT.

Here's a video I shot today. The first section is in my garage, so I had to keep the revs below 4K to not PO the old lady across the street. The next vid is from a parking lot...hitting about 6K. You can tell that the sound really comes through as you increase the RPM load. But once you start to maintain an engine speed, the sound levels off. Hopefully it helps you get an idea of how great it sounds. I just wanna go find a nice long tunnel and drive back/forth.

Thanks to Alex and Team at SharkWerks as well as John and Isaac at Boardwalk Porsche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgGZFcKcapY

Old 07-11-2011, 11:05 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Sounds sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds great. With pse off at conservative shifts <3K does it sound similar to stock? I am interested in not being too loud around the neighborhood. thanks.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 AM
akbjr is infamous around these partsakbjr is infamous around these parts
I have the same bypass with BMC air filter. When it's off there is no difference below 3000 rpm. Very mild. So when u turn it on there is a dramatic difference. Great mod.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:26 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by seapar
Sounds great. With pse off at conservative shifts <3K does it sound similar to stock? I am interested in not being too loud around the neighborhood. thanks.
Absolutely. I'm the same way. Start the car and leave PSE off until I pull away from the neighborhood. Not only don't want to P-O the neighbors, but don't exactly want to hear it from the wife either

As long as you shift below 4K with PSE off, it's not very noticeable.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Boston area

Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I was finally able to get my SW Center Bypass installed on the GTS this morning. All I can say is: DAMN.

With PSE Off, it's still pretty subtle, but you can hear a little more raspiness when pulling through 3K+ RPMs.

But with PSE On...Oh...It's ON alright. The car just sounds angry and ready to bite. LOVE IT.

Here's a video I shot today. The first section is in my garage, so I had to keep the revs below 4K to not PO the old lady across the street. The next vid is from a parking lot...hitting about 6K. You can tell that the sound really comes through as you increase the RPM load. But once you start to maintain an engine speed, the sound levels off. Hopefully it helps you get an idea of how great it sounds. I just wanna go find a nice long tunnel and drive back/forth.

Thanks to Alex and Team at SharkWerks as well as John and Isaac at Boardwalk Porsche.

That is the $3x!!

Can anyone suggest a very reliable indie shop in the Boston area that would do a flawless install?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Definitely Awesome.

Note, it does sound even better in person. I have the same thing on my GTS and love it. Leave it off shift with sport off and not pushing it and there is little to no difference. sport and pse on and push it, awesome... =)

Good job.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

Awww thank you mate! Seriously thanks for sharing the video with us.... Tunnels and Sharks' mix really well eh?

Originally Posted by lacrosse
Sounds sweet! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! The blue GTS cab a couple of weeks ago rumbled my tummy well!

Originally Posted by seapar
Pretty much yes. It'll still go through the side mufflers fully so you can be stealthy when you need/want

Originally Posted by akbjr
I have the same bypass with BMC air filter. When it's off there is no difference below 3000 rpm. Very mild. So when u turn it on there is a dramatic difference. Great mod.
Thanks for flyin' with us and glad you like it!

Absolutely. I'm the same way. Start the car and leave PSE off until I pull away from the neighborhood. Not only don't want to P-O the neighbors, but don't exactly want to hear it from the wife either

As long as you shift below 4K with PSE off, it's not very noticeable.
Very neighborly of you Mine still seem to be "ok" with me after all these years and exhausts

Originally Posted by wolfnards
That is the $3x!!

Can anyone suggest a very reliable indie shop in the Boston area that would do a flawless install?
Drop us a line as I thought there was a local Porsche dealership that has bought/installed there?