997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Spoiler up = "I'm speeding"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Spoiler up = "I'm speeding"

If the rear spoiler automatically extends at >75mph, wouldn't that be an automatic red flag to the highway patrol? Or do I give them too much credit?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You could always push the button to keep the tail up.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
it also comes up when the engine is too hot.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:00 PM
texas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura about
Youvare also giving them too much credit. Haha.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:21 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Since it doesn't go down until below 35mph, it could very easily mean "I've been speeding". But since so many people manually pop their spoilers up, I'm not sure it really means anything. I don't ever worry about it because there's nothing I can do. I'm going to drive over 75 almost every time I get in that car...so the spoiler is GOING to go up. The question is when I'll slow down below 35 to get it to close...

Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
I have thought about this before and come to the conclusion that I sincerely doubt that your average leo is going to know the minutiae of Porsche such that he knows at what speed the spoiler pops up. If so, then he deserves to write the ticket in my book.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
They will probably think its a Crossfire.. You are safe!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
If the rear spoiler automatically extends at >75mph, wouldn't that be an automatic red flag to the highway patrol? Or do I give them too much credit?
You're giving them WAY too much credit!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i've had it come up many other times as well..

if your ever stuck in the mud and u click it down to get out, the spoiler will come up with "kickdown" on AT trans vehicles.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:05 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
As stated by others, the manual up/engine hot kind of negates the whole 'I was speeding" thing. I doubt if you were ticketed because of that it would stand up in court.

Those darn lasers on the other hand.....................................

Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 AM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
Many CHP officers and LEOs are car and motorcycle enthusiasts, and yes bright people - I would not underestimate. Any " spoiler up" argument in court is easily shot down using the engine was hot argument, dontcha think?

My Valentine 1 has kept me out of jail !

Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Get a fixed spoiler = problem solved.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr. Bill
You're giving them WAY too much credit!
Ditto

Old 07-13-2011, 09:27 AM
The Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to behold
A fellow Porsche owner told me a funny story a few years back that should summarize the police departments knowledge of Porsches....

After a big Porsche meet, a few of the TT guys decided to have a spirited run on a local highway. 2 of the guys decide to do a quick highway race for the hell of it. Well, right before they let off, they fly by a state trooper who was hiding on the shoulder. Since they were doing well over 100+ mph, they decide to hammer the throttle, book it for the next highway exit, and hide out till they feel its safe to head home. They pull off, drive around for 15 min or so, and sense they got lucky. They head to a local gas station to calm their nerves, get some drinks, and head home.

Not even 5 minutes after parking at the gas station, a bunch of police cruisers fly on the them. Im talking 5+ cruisers, skidding to a stop, acting like they just responded to a bank robbery. Soon after a state trooper pulls up, and identifies the 2 cars as the Porsches he saw racing. Immediately the two Porsche drivers deny all the allegations, but the cop isnt buying it for one second. The drivers are sensing they are completely screwed at this point, but are relentless with their story, saying they have been waiting for friends from the local meet.

The State Trooper decides to end the argument once and for all, and starts walking towards the two Porsches. The drivers have no idea whats going on, but just sit and watch the trooper, hoping for a miracle at this point. The officer then proceeds to feel around the hood on both cars, then lets out a big sigh. As he starts to walk back, the drivers are basically pissing their pants, knowing there probably going to jail. The State Trooper then walks up, looks toward the rest of the officers and says, "Lets go boys. Its not them. There hoods are still cold...."

I love this story....

Last edited by The Greek; 07-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Now that is a great story!

The LEO's on the Island would not have made the same mistake.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler up = "I'm speeding"