997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Trading C6 Z06 on a 997 Carrera 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Sweet! No better way than to enjoy the Pcar in good company. I'm sure you're itching to open it up a bit more now

Old 07-21-2011, 01:46 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol
i've heard several times a saying that for average driver porsche is faster, but in advanced groups good driver can get faster laps from z06, if it got good suspension, upgraded brakes and good seats. same mods apply to 997 cars as well.

for everyday driving 997.2 will be much more pleasant than z06.
Wasn't agreeing until I got to the part about track mods, Paul. The Carreras are very sophisticated to begin with, so they have less potential improvement without resorting to a full race condition. The Z06 has more room to move up from the standard configuration.

Honestly, I like both cars a lot, but the Corvette is a completely different experience from the Carrera.

Gary

Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by krswen
First evening with the new ride ..... took 8 & 9 yr old granddaughters out for dinner and chocolate volcano cake. They fit great in the back. Only opened it up a couple of times but they loved the sound and speed.
Got over 27 mpg driving "sensibly" (but what fun is that?).
Wife likes the ride too.
Life is good.

Ken
Ain't it just? Owning a Porsche makes you realize that, Ken. Reading that earlier post from PTParks, I especially agree with this paragraph (emphasis mine):
Perception:
Everyone liked the Corvette. Everyone ogles and drools over the 997. I think the general perception with the Corvette is you are one step away from doing something crazy and sideways with a lot of tire smoke (which you could). The 977 is perceived as something special, and the owner would never put a wheel wrong, fail to stop for the little old ladies in the crosswalk, and is above challenging the Camaro in the next lane to a street race. The Corvette says you are getting there as fast as you can, the Porsche says you've already arrived and got the best parking spot. Winner: Porsche
Gary