997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Trading C6 Z06 on a 997 Carrera 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 05:13 PM
krswen is infamous around these parts
Trading C6 Z06 on a 997 Carrera 2

The Corvette was a lot of fun, but the comparison is almost beyond description. The Porsche is SO MUCH more refined whereas the Z06 was just brutal.
I can't knock the Corvette ... it is a great car for the price point, but I'm ready for something a little more civilized.
The P-car is a 2009 with 3085 miles. In truly excellent condition.
What is the warranty on these cars?
I'll pick up the car next week and relate my impressions when I've had a few days in the saddle.

Ken

Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Trust me on this, you won't hate yourself in the morning..

Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
The two cars are totally different animals and like what was posted above...."You won't hate yourself in the morning!".......
Good for you to experience both!

Cheers,

Stacy

Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by krswen
The Corvette was a lot of fun, but the comparison is almost beyond description. The Porsche is SO MUCH more refined whereas the Z06 was just brutal.
I can't knock the Corvette ... it is a great car for the price point, but I'm ready for something a little more civilized.
I'll pick up the car next week and relate my impressions when I've had a few days in the saddle.

Ken
Been there, did that, except with an '06 Corvette LT3 Z-51. Got into my '09 Carrera S and never looked back.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 PM
pilfjd is infamous around these parts
I think the factory warranty is 3 yrs/36k.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pilfjd
I think the factory warranty is 3 yrs/36k.
4 year OEM warranty

Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
Sort of like comparing a scalpel with a chainsaw.

I think a C2S would be more similar as far as power. Handling? No contest.

Please - drive it like you stole it! These are not garage queens.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute

Ken

You will love it! I've driven both and the Z has serious thrust but the refinement of the 911 is second to none. Did you get an S? You would be happier with the extra ponies.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
Hi there

Be very keen to here your guys thoughts on how the two compare handling wise and which one is quicker through the turns?

The C6 Z06 is a very capable car and handles great as I've had some seat time in one but I find my 997 C2S is such a better handling and more forgiving car.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
After being a long time P-car guy (and loving it) I decided to try some American V-8 muscle for a change and see if I was missing out on anything. I got a new 2008 C6 Z06 and had it for about a year. There is not doubt that it is a great car, but not even in the same league as my current 2009 997.2 C4S. The Z06 is faster in a straight line (compared to NA 997's) and is just as fast on higher speed/power road courses, but is probably slower on tighter/slower road courses. All the while it feels big and bulky compared to my C4S (although it weighs about 200 lbs less). Even with the traction control on it is easy to get the rear end loose when you are really pushing it. It is really a great car for the money (bang for the buck) but my P-car really shows a level of performance and refinement that put it in a different class than a Z06.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hi there

Be very keen to here your guys thoughts on how the two compare handling wise and which one is quicker through the turns?

The C6 Z06 is a very capable car and handles great as I've had some seat time in one but I find my 997 C2S is such a better handling and more forgiving car.
This is a post I submitted right after purchasing my Carrera S:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-my-take.html

Old 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
I was going say kinda like going from a Sledge hammer to a scalpel. But the chainsaw description works.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
i've heard several times a saying that for average driver porsche is faster, but in advanced groups good driver can get faster laps from z06, if it got good suspension, upgraded brakes and good seats. same mods apply to 997 cars as well.

for everyday driving 997.2 will be much more pleasant than z06.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
Been there, done that. My C2S is nowhere near as fast. That's about the only thing I miss.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 PM
krswen is infamous around these parts
First evening with the new ride ..... took 8 & 9 yr old granddaughters out for dinner and chocolate volcano cake. They fit great in the back. Only opened it up a couple of times but they loved the sound and speed.
Got over 27 mpg driving "sensibly" (but what fun is that?).
Wife likes the ride too.
Life is good.

Ken

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading C6 Z06 on a 997 Carrera 2