997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

update: removed Pagid brakes, but now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:00 PM
antonio 997 is infamous around these parts
update: removed Pagid brakes, but now...

Update;

so, I removed the Pagid Yellow brakes off the car. they had no shims and they did not have the same spacers as I found in the rear brakes. I installed ATE brakes, they had shims. Now, did I need to put the spacers in the front calipers also? The reason I am asking is that after 30 minutes of driving, i hear a small "clunk" coming from the front brakes when I brake. the squeals are gone, but now that "clunk" is there.

the odd thing is that for the first 30 minutes, the car was going great.

Any recommendations or thoughts....

Thanks!

Old 07-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Lancia has a spectacular aura aboutLancia has a spectacular aura about
The clunk from previous experience is the pads moving in the caliper. Generally when there are no shims installed. Should also occur when you go in reverse and hit the brakes the first time.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:55 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
also check if you torqued wheel lugs tight enough.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
yep, i had/have the clunk too. i do not use noise dampers when using pagids and the pads will clunk. esp when changing direction. simply adjusting themselves, no big deal.

fyi, i also solved my street pad clunk (with dampers installed) by getting new retaining springs. i think they wear out quicker when you change pads as often as i do, and lose the ability to hold the pad stationary as tight as when new.