997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Discount on 2011 C2S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:28 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fq1
Actually, the 17% off is not just a thought, it was done by me for a buddy last week at a WI dealership without too much haggling effort. The car is a highly loaded 2011 black/black C2S. Is it below the "accepted invoice price?" Yes. Is it possible that there are hidden factory-to-dealer incentives that dealers are not talking about? Quite possible, otherwise it would not be possible to sell vehicles at such discounts and sustain a business. Do manufacturers ever offer hidden incentives? All the time, pretty much they all do, maybe other than the real exotics.
Perhaps you can share details of the transaction so that others here can benefit too. Is it safe to assume this was a for a purchase (not lease), with no trade-in, no previous owner, warranty not punched in yet, no excessive/uncommon options, near-zero mileage, and no part substitutions/repairs? Was the dealer willing to provide 17% off MSRP off any car on the lot, or just this one? Why do you suppose this salesperson was willing to sell this car to "your buddy" at a loss of ~$5-6k to the dealership?

Last edited by gasongasoff; 07-21-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 AM
fq1
fq1 is a jewel in the roughfq1 is a jewel in the roughfq1 is a jewel in the rough
The car had an MSRP of almost 113k and he bought it for 93.8k. Not a lease, no trade-in, brand new with 58 miles. Not a a current P-car owner but previously owned many. Paid cash (cashier's check). Not sure about warranty punched, but will ask him and let you know. We did not check for part substitution/repairs as we were told the car was new. i will ask how long the car was on the lot.

Why would the salesperson sell for $5-6k loss? You are assuming he actually sold it for a loss. I can't imagine he did. That is why i would speculate that there might be hidden rebates that are being kept hushed. Just like there currently are huge hidden rebates on M3s and 750Li's that are not being advertised. Manufacturers and dealers have gotten much stricter about sharing hidden rebate info than the past. The only time you hear rebates advertised is when sharing them with a customer is almost automatic. It would appear that hidden rebates go into effect a lot earlier than them eventually being openly advertised. Maybe someone with greater inside knowledge could share. I remember in the early part of the previous decade, there was a hidden subvented lease money factor that leaked out, at which the head of PCNA threatened to fire the head of the financial services (or someone like that). The excuse was that we produce premium automobiles and he should not have "cheapened" the brand by offering a subvented lease (I can't imagine the finance guy was solely responsible for the subvented lease, but the boss was upset that it leaked out).

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Perhaps you can share details of the transaction so that others here can benefit too. Is it safe to assume this was a for a purchase (not lease), with no trade-in, no previous owner, warranty not punched in yet, no excessive/uncommon options, near-zero mileage, and no part substitutions/repairs? Was the dealer willing to provide 17% off MSRP off any car on the lot, or just this one? Why do you suppose this salesperson was willing to sell this car to "your buddy" at a loss of ~$5-6k to the dealership?

Last edited by fq1; 07-21-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 AM
dglavin96 is infamous around these parts
I was shopping for a 2011 C2S cab and was offered a $9200 discount on a $116K car by a dealer here in CT a few weeks ago. I wound up with a $120K sticker demo car from a dealer in NJ for $106K.