997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buying Advice 2008 c4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Ginza Man is infamous around these parts
81K for all that is ridiculous. But at this time there is nothing at this price for 09. If there is one, I would like to know. All the option you mention is nice to have but to me it's not a big deal. My boxster S doesn't have much so I am not missing out on anything. Ipod is something that is nice to have an option but I can add it later on. The main thing is engine, transmission, clutch etc. I like the Bose which was my main concern and beige interior isn't for me but black exterior is good enough for me. I keep you updated on tomorrow's inspection. I hope this ebay inspection is worth doing.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ginza Man
I only did Ebay inspection. Isn't that enough? They don't do DME. It's under warranty...I am not too worried. As long as car wasn't in some kind of accident, drive straight, no noise it will be fine. This doesn't have PASM, NAV, Leather but I am fine without it. It's 385HP I really care about.
Ebay inspection is useless, so no it's not enough. DME will tell you if the car was driven hard, and in some instances, could cause Porsche to void your engine warranty if it's abused. You are spending a lot even on a used car. I don't know why someone will try to save the $200-$300 for the PPI/DME. Even if it's under warranty, you get to know in advance whether you want to take that car to the dealer to get it fixed. With so many cars out there, is it worth it?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
I just went through a similar process of buying a used 911, you will likely have to settle to some degree, but if beige interior isn't your thing, don't buy it. There are tons of used Porsches out there and many with lower miles. I would be weary of purchasing over the Internet from a small dealer.

If Guards Red is your thing my dealer has an '08 911 S with manual, bose, sports chrono, sports exhaust and heated seats for 69k. Under 9,000 miles on it.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
YNot..you got a good point there. I guess I am relying too much on warranty and a newer car. I will get PPI done after this ebay inspection is finished tomorrow....If there is any part of the body that's been repainted, I won't waste my time on it. Beige is new to me and I can live w/ it. My current boxster is black which I am used to. Beige would let me know that I am in a different car. At this time I am only interested in 09 as 08 isn't going to do it for me. I drove 08 C4S today...had few issue but not enough power. I need full 385hp.

What is bang for the buck in terms of mod on 997.2? Does it void warranty?

997xpress: Thx for the input but all the links you gave me are cars that are new and over 115k. I am not sure what you are trying to do.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
997xpress: Thx for the input but all the links you gave me are cars that are new and over 115k. I am not sure what you are trying to do.
None of those links are for new cars over 115k.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I see the auction ended, did you buy it?

Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Nah... I don't know why it's down. May be he has a buyer who left a deposit. I am not planning to get 08 c4s because of alignment issue as well as wind noise coming from passenger window. Don't want to deal w/ hassle. I am just waiting to hear back from ebay inspection and order PPI at Rusnek Porsche. They will charge $350 for PPI service. Crazy but I should get it done.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I got a deal through the seller at the local Porsche place. They only charged me $170 for the PPI. Ask the seller if he will call and if they offer other dealers breaks on PPI's that will have periodic out of state buyers.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Nah... I don't know why it's down. May be he has a buyer who left a deposit. I am not planning to get 08 c4s because of alignment issue as well as wind noise coming from passenger window. Don't want to deal w/ hassle. I am just waiting to hear back from ebay inspection and order PPI at Rusnek Porsche. They will charge $350 for PPI service. Crazy but I should get it done.
$350 is a bit high. Mine was $220 (PPI+DME) I believe but the dealer I brought from didn't charge me a penny when I send my deposit, pending PPI results. I'm sure he would had charge me it if I wanted my deposit back. So it was free.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I got my inspection done McKenna Porsche for $310. They checked the DME and all the inspection necessary. DME was way under and 30k maintenance is already done... supposedly per car fax. Per McKenna it was good enough to do a CPO. Car is going to be picked up today and shipped to me. Should get here 5-10 days. Just wanted to share some good info:

I have done a Ebay inspection just to see what $130 is going to give me. They send somebody who didn't know how to drive manual and report was completed. She even declined to look at the bottom of a car after seller was eager to help her our. So I called the company (inspect my ride) and made a complaint. Even their support people was saying the inspector drove the car when seller was saying she never did. This happen on 2 occasions when I called it. After 3 phone calls I spoke to supervisor and he decided to give me a refund and he states that this type of inspection to be unacceptable. For those who did a search under ebay inspection should find this and hope he/she does make right decision by not moving forward w/ ebay inspection. Like everything else whenever it's cheap, there is a good reason why. She even said there is GPS when there isn't....so pathetic.

More importantly I would like to ask for those who bought a car from the out-of-state dealer. I was wondering what is the best way to get the car registered/plate, as I have to pay some sort of sales tax (GA). This is what I found from DMV.

Sales Tax – Click here to read State Regulation 560-12-1-.07 regarding sales tax. When applying for a Georgia title for a vehicle that was purchased form an out-of-state/country dealer or business or a Georgia business, Georgia sales tax must be paid at the time of application or proof must be submitted that the sales tax has already been paid. Sales tax is also due when the dealer charges the wrong sales tax rate. A Georgia title and license plate will not be issued until any sales tax due is paid. The amount of sales tax due is based on the vehicle's purchase price or the vehicle's fair market value if a sales invoice is not submitted. Click here to determine the sales tax rate in your county. The published sales tax rates for counties include the State of Georgia's sales tax rate. For additional information regarding sales tax, please contact the DOR Regional Office serving your county.

Please PM me for any info that would help me.

Thx

Last edited by Ginza Man; 08-13-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:56 PM
After many nights of searching for the car. I finally pulled the trigger on 2009 C2S. Thanks all for the great advice. Without it, I would have made some bad decisions. I had it for little bit over 24hrs now and I love every bit of it. After I washed the car, I got the window tinted (not pictured) Car looks and feels brand new.

Quick Review: Car is def faster than my old Boxster S. 105HP+ and car feels solid. Only thing I really notice is tire noise. Is this common? Tire is Michelin Pilot Sport with 50% tread. May be I am not used to 295/30/19....just yet. I love the PASM, it's def difference and a must. Compare to 997.1 there is a noticeable mid torque which is what I wanted. In terms of noise, it's quieter, may be sound more refined I might add. It's much quieter than my Boxster S. Anybody have experience with Remus? I couldn't find anything on Youtube.

First thing I did was get rid of that ugly orange side marker and replaced w/ clear with LED version. LED is so cool...worth every penny.

Questions:

1. It's out of state car and it didn't come with the 30 day plate. Just a dealer marketing plate. Is this alright for now until I get my tag? I am not sure about the law in GA.

2. In order to get a plate, do I just pay for the lump sum of sales tax? Or do I get to wait until my B-day? Internet is little too vague for me. If somebody can explain....I guess I should make a call tomorrow.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by Ginza Man; 08-19-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:33 PM
dagolfpro is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Mind sharing how much and all the options and details of the car?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Only option it had was Bose, sport steering with leather wrap, power seating, matching rug color. That's it. I think PASM, heated seat and sunroof is a standard. I didn't care for anything else anyways. If I had a choice...I would have liked all red as interior.

Paid 68k w/ 30k miles at Sport Trend Auto @ ebay. It was cheapest 2009 C2S I found online. Big plus was it had existing warranty...peace of mind. It was a good experience buying from STA. They even give me a brand new key...which I didn't even ask for it. My budget was originally 55k but I had to go for DFI 385HP. I didn't want to risk getting IMS failure...like my previous Boxster S.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:24 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Well done, very nice and good price.

Heated seats I don't believe are standard...but I could be wrong with the 997.2

Best of luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying Advice 2008 c4S