997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

DME over revs Ranges 3, 4 and 5 reported. Is it OK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
GUYS!!!!

Chuck or Bob is gonna spank this thread!!!!

Easy on each other......eeesh!
I don't understand why you think they will shut it down, you get to swear in your threads and nothing happens. As far as I am concerned, my posts are on topic....sort of

Old 07-25-2011, 09:57 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
No one cares about your age Northvan . The point is that a Porsche owner of that time period woild have the experience of a two year warranty .

as for extended warranties .. there are many .
Mine came through for me but your example as well as mine are irrelovant .

It a useless topic unless one compares the actual contract and looks at the details of what it covers in the fine print.

What matters is when the person has the broken car with the contract and is faced with a 'yes" or a 'no".
Larry,

This post sums up your approach to posting now kin this thread You bring up vans age and then claim who cares when he responds. Classic trolling.

Really what are you trying to get across that you haven't tried at least 5 times already. You don't like the purchase. We get it and some of us don't agree.

Now you don't like the warranty...we get that too.

You see Porsche ownership thru only your eyes.

Fine with me but you get so pissed when others don't agree. It's like we challenged your manhood or something.

We are not. Were just different type of owners. With different experiences than you. Not better just different.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I don't understand why you think they will shut it down, you get to swear in your threads and nothing happens. As far as I am concerned, my posts are on topic....sort of
thats cuz my momma thinks im speciallllllll

Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
thats cuz my momma thinks im speciallllllll
You are special alright

Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Larry,

This post sums up your approach to posting now kin this thread You bring up vans age and then claim who cares when he responds. Classic trolling.

Really what are you trying to get across that you haven't tried at least 5 times already. You don't like the purchase. We get it and some of us don't agree.

Now you don't like the warranty...we get that too.

You see Porsche ownership thru only your eyes.

Fine with me but you get so pissed when others don't agree. It's like we challenged your manhood or something.

We are not. Were just different type of owners. With different experiences than you. Not better just different.
Apparently you don't enjoy my posts , yet choose not to ignore them ..and contine to reply with the ad hominerm (ie "classic trolling") insults. My opinion really seems to evoke that much .

I don't even think this is about the original poster's car the way you are choosing to rant.
It ought not matter what I ( a random stranger) thinks about a DME on a car or a comment on a post of buying a car sight unseen or aftermarket warranty , or even whether or not anyone recall the 993 2 year wararnty of 1995.

OK you agree with the Op . Great !!! Good for you .
It's ok to disagree . Really !!!

I just feel that this thread at this point is wasting everyones time and YOU are participating . So is North Van .
Every person does have a choice. . That includes me .
You can have the thread.

I do think that eventually a moderator (which BTW you also hurled an insult at and he almost locked the the thread ) will make the final choice on this thread . I leave it up to him.

Peace .. dude .

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-25-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Apparently you don't enjoy my posts , yet choose not to ignore them ..and contine to reply with the ad hominerm (ie "classic trolling") insults. My opinion really seems to evoke that much .

I don't even think this is about the original poster's car the way you are choosing to rant.
It ought not matter what I ( a random stranger) thinks about a DME on a car or a comment on a post of buying a car sight unseen or aftermarket warranty , or even whether or not anyone recall the 993 2 year wararnty of 1995.

OK you agree with the Op . Great !!! Good for you .
It's ok to disagree . Really !!!

I just feel that this thread at this point is wasting everyones time and YOU are participating and so is North Van .

Every person does have a choice. . That includes me . You can have the thread.

I do think that eventually a moderator (which BTW you also hurled an insult at and he almost locked the the thread ) will make the final choice on this thread . I leave it up to him.

Peace .. dude .

Yes...I did make an error with the moderator. It was late and I wrote too quickly.

And I quickly apologized. However I have made no such errors with you.

You continue to troll and rant and blame us. You never look at yourself.

And you never mentioned the key point of my post. YOU brought up the age topic and then blasted van.

Peace to you also.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I just feel that this thread at this point is wasting everyones time and YOU are participating . So is North Van .
How am I at fault when I stayed away for this thread for 18 hours, and you come back with a troll like comment (post 147 of this thread). Larry you made a fool of yourself, I have a number of PM's and positive reps from people regarding this thread, thanking me for speaking my mind.

Go research the price of used 997's so that you can be helpful in the future.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have a number of PM's and positive reps from people regarding this thread,
Me too . No one thinks blowing through gears is "skilled driving" with no many to count
Even Porsche designed their PDK to factor out those types of errors.

Maybe a PDK car next time ?

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-25-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM
. I won't waste my time sharing my over rev numbers with you or anyone else on this forum that I don't personally know, but I can tell you that the number of over revs on this car is nothing compared to what I have on my car.
I might even consider giving a postive rep this as I feel it's the best example I have read of what not to do to a car on this forum.

Last edited by yrralis1; 07-25-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Me too . No one thinks blowing through gears is "skilled driving" with no many to count.
( "won't waste my time sharing my over rev numbers with you or anyone else on this forum that I don't personally know, but I can tell you that the number of over revs on this car is nothing compared to what I have on my car" )

Me too. I got allot of those green dots too now. Not bad for a guy who was in time out not too long ago.

Anyhow...this proves is that there are all type of owners here with opinions on both sides. And that's how it should be.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Me too . No one thinks blowing through gears is "skilled driving" with no many to count.
( "won't waste my time sharing my over rev numbers with you or anyone else on this forum that I don't personally know, but I can tell you that the number of over revs on this car is nothing compared to what I have on my car" )

PM's from your self don't count Larry

If the PDK was perfect, then why did they forget the third radiator on the first year of production, not to mention how they have just not shifted when asked to. The PDK is very nice, but it has it's share of problems, and as they get a little older, it will be interesting to see what comes of them. You should drive yours so you can be an expert on them. As for me, I am sure the next car for me will be GT3, comes with a higher redline, and I won't need to squeeze all the extra rev's to make it to the next corner, or up a hill without upsetting the balance of the car at the wrong time. I like rowing through a manual gear box, and although the dual clutch boxes are the way Porsche and other manufactures are going, doesn't discount the enjoyment one will get from shifting an old school manual transmission.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Me too. I got allot of those green dots too now. Not bad for a guy who was in time out not too long ago.

Anyhow...this proves is that there are all type of owners here with opinions on both sides. And that's how it should be.
Dare I ask why you were in a timeout?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Dare I ask why you were in a timeout?
Nothing I didn't deserve. I'm in witness protection now And living a cleaner life.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Nothing I didn't deserve. I'm in witness protection now And living a cleaner life.
Step away from the pool BW! And keep your back against the way.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I might even consider giving a postive rep this as I feel it's the best example I have read of what not to do to a car on this forum.
Look at our avatars Larry, yours sitting pretty and mine being used, this is how these two cars live their lives....what example can you make of this? IMO there are two kinds of Porsche owners, those that drive them, and those that pose with them.

I know which one I am

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DME over revs Ranges 3, 4 and 5 reported. Is it OK?