997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

991 spy pics in yellow and blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
2-door Panamera. Hopefully they don't refine the car too much, but this may in part be dictated by the quickly emerging markets they are targeting.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:16 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Looks more Pininfarina in it's lines, subduing the 911 curves further.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
AS2003 is infamous around these parts
The Large Targa-Like Roof Opening is There...But It's Not Glass

Originally Posted by sid_vicious
Notice these 2 cars don't have the pano roof that all the other spy pics seemed to have. So I guess a no sunroof option will be available. I remember reading complaints that the new "targa" like sunroof would be a fixed feature, at least there are 2 mules out there without them.
Both the Yellow and the Blue 991 have the extra large sunroof, but the roof is apparently not glass. You can see the line where the roof begins approximately 4-5 inches back from the top of the front window.

I assumed the roof would be glass with an electric tint like Mercedes and Ferrari are offering now. Of course, maybe that will be a $5000 option.

...good point about the mirrors. I hope they have some design feature that will prevent panel damage.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
I for one am really digging the new 991. This render looks really close to the real thing.

It is like a plastic surgeon took a pumper and pumped out the wrinkles in the 997. I kid.

It may look more like a GT, but it is a damn sexy GT.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Is it me, or do those exhaust tips look much too small for that huge rear end?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Is it me, or do those exhaust tips look much too small for that huge rear end?
Hmm…Now that you pointed it out, I can’t help but notice how the exhaust tips kind of look like small straws. It is like something that is so obvious but you glaze over it at first. Then someone points it out, and it cannot be unseen. I think the taillights and the huge wheels make the tips look so small.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
I am just really happy my 997S looks nearly the same (actually better with my GT3 front and rear) than the new 991.

...But probably much slower

Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious
Hmm…Now that you pointed it out, I can’t help but notice how the exhaust tips kind of look like small straws. It is like something that is so obvious but you glaze over it at first. Then someone points it out, and it cannot be unseen. I think the taillights and the huge wheels make the tips look so small.

itīs those huge fake stickers on the taillights that make the tips looks small imho.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Mirrors are 993ish, me likey!

the tail lights of these test mules are covered with stickers which don`t reflect in the dark, so they had to put reflectors on but i think the final version goes without īem. (i could be wrong tho )
i think that the small reflectors down the rear bumper will be there. If you pay close attention to it, it's not flat and something got to be on there and most likely it's the reflector. Not 100% sure yet tho.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:06 AM
I wish there was a pic of the spoiler up. I have seen the spoiler up on mules with tons of camo, but I wonder how it would look on these.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vraxinus
i think that the small reflectors down the rear bumper will be there. If you pay close attention to it, it's not flat and something got to be on there and most likely it's the reflector. Not 100% sure yet tho.
let me take that back. I think that they could be putting the reverse lamp right there. Since if you pay close attention to the rear tail lights it's sharper and they got the brake light and turn signals already in there and i'm still not sure where the reverse lamp goes. So the small part down the rear bumper could be the reverse lamp.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:10 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vraxinus
yeah i noticed that itīs not flat, thatīs why i said that i could be wrong.
the Autobild renderings were pretty close so far and they didn`t show any reflectors.
so maybe the whole front and rear bumpers are fake, but itīs more likely that the new, smaller tail light shape didn`t offer enough room for reflectors. so Porsche had to put the reflectors down there.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 07-26-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:52 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I think it looks hot - especially in yellow.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:48 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I like it but am not sure I woul run out and buy one right away . When i first saw the 997 in 04 I immediately bought a launch car . I agree with some who see styling cues of Panamera and Cayman but it clearly is a 911 .

Beyond the exterior (which I like) I am more interested in whether a 7 speed manual or more modern tweak for PDK are in the cards .. and if so what will it be .
Also the few interior pictures on other threads hint at luxury . I wonder how that will translate into the next gen gt3.

It's nice to have a photo .. but I like to just wait and see .

Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
I may be jumping the gun but I wonder about the styling of the Turbo, GT3, and even the base model with the aero kit. It may be that Porsche will make those models with even more aggressive styling bringing back more of the curves some of us like. I though one of the things that made the 996 suffer was the lack of rear curves (hips if you will). They made up for this with the Turbo and even a little with the aerokit.

Ken

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 spy pics in yellow and blue